PDA

View Full Version : Banned from a site..

Mr Twigbert
12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Question.. I was banned from a site today for speaking my mind..

When I went to the site it said I was banned and I can no longer view the site.. I just get this, 'You have been banned' screen..

However, I can surf the site on another computer to my left.. Did they ban just this PC and is there any way around it so I can still visit the site and maybe even make a new user name?

-stew-
12-31-2009, 01:30 PM
PAHA! What'd you do?!?!?! That's why we can't have nice things!!!

Mr Twigbert
12-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I guess informing someone that their kid is ugly isn't politically correct..

Silver350
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM

:rolf:rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
12-31-2009, 01:45 PM

hahaha!! that is awesome!

supra213
12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Question.. I was banned from a site today for speaking my mind..
....However, I can surf the site on another computer to my left.. Did they ban just this PC and is there any way around it so I can still visit the site and maybe even make a new user name?

I don't want to sound like a knob, but I do believe you answered your own question.
1. Move over to the computer on your left
2. Make a new user name
3. ????
4. Profit!!!!

HY35F2T
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't want to sound like a knob, but I do believe you answered your own question.
1. Move over to the computer on your left
2. Make a new user name
3. ????
4. Profit!!!!
:rolf:rolf.delete cookies/history.

BlackLightning
12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
was it SVTP?

Nix
12-31-2009, 03:05 PM
PAH!!!!!! :rolf

badass88gt
12-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Pfft. Ive been banned from so many sites I lost count. I tend to speak before I think. If it is any site run by Mr. Angeli you are shit outta luck, he will make sure you are not able to post as a logged in member, regardless of which computer you use, he will get ya sooner or later. If it is another site you may be able to use a different computer or a proxy, but they have probably banned your screen name and blocked your IP.

PAH!!!!!! :rolf

Like he said PAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTSLOW
12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
IP Ban?

Plum Crazy
12-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Im sorry to hear that. Im sure you will be dearly missed at the NAMBLA.com website. Id try clearing out the cookies and deleting history like stated above.

Russ Jerome
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
They banned your computers IP address, clearing cookies wont fix it.

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Pfft. Ive been banned from so many sites I lost count. I tend to speak before I think. If it is any site run by Mr. Angeli you are shit outta luck, he will make sure you are not able to post as a logged in member, regardless of which computer you use, he will get ya sooner or later. If it is another site you may be able to use a different computer or a proxy, but they have probably banned your screen name and blocked your IP.

Like he said PAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what did I do? I haven't banned anybody anywhere... Not recently anyway.
And only rookies can't get back on sites they were banned from. There's ALWAYS a way... :devil

/shrug

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh and Danno knows all about those "hide my IP" websites... Maybe he can offer you some private help with that...

badass88gt
12-31-2009, 05:35 PM
You didnt do anything, I was just advising the original poster that IF it was you that banned him, chances are he is SOL. I would think a guy has to be pretty sharp to get around a Greg-ban undetected. I still havent found a way.......I always get caught.

badass88gt
12-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh and Danno knows all about those "hide my IP" websites... Maybe he can offer you some private help with that...

Those only work with a new screen name or browsing "Anonymouse-ly", and as soon as the admins find out the new user's true identity the kill it anyway. At least that has been my experience....

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM
You didnt do anything, I was just advising the original poster that IF it was you that banned him, chances are he is SOL. I would think a guy has to be pretty sharp to get around a Greg-ban undetected. I still havent found a way.......I always get caught.

Sometimes we know someone's "back" and just let things be... ;)

badass88gt
12-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Sometimes they are allowed to browse as a guest, but not allowed to log in, lol.

Russ Jerome
12-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Greg-ban undetected. I still havent found a way.......I always get caught.

I've been a mod on a couple turbo based national forums, I could have e-mails sent to alert me of new members within a certain provider popped up ;)

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I've been a mod on a couple turbo based national forums, I could have e-mails sent to alert me of new members within a certain provider popped up ;)

And? You're kidding, right?
Small sites are easy. You can make all new members have to be moderated. try keeping tabs on sites with 100,000 members.

Someone with a laptop can find untold numbers of ISP's and get on your website Russ. If someone wants to get under your skin, they will.

People can also slip up and use the same kind of "speaking style" in posting and it's easy to figure out who they are. But seriously, what you posted does not really mean much. I can come here on so many different IP's it would make your head spin.

badass88gt
12-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Or they can keep registering on local Mustang sites with the same screen names with a different number added after, eg: BadAss88GT#2, #3, #4......

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Or they can keep registering on local Mustang sites with the same screen names with a different number added after, eg: BadAss88GT#2, #3, #4......

:rolf :headbang :)

subliminal1284
12-31-2009, 07:34 PM
They banned your IP address, simple solution to this. Set up your web browser to browse the internet through a proxy server that way the IP address connecting to the site will be the proxy and the proxy will be relaying the site to you.

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 07:39 PM
They banned your IP address, simple solution to this. Set up your web browser to browse the internet through a proxy server that way the IP address connecting to the site will be the proxy and the proxy will be relaying the site to you.

Most VB's have a proxy detector add-on so you can tell if someone is doing this...

Cat and mouse game.

Russ Jerome
12-31-2009, 07:45 PM
And? You're kidding, right?
Small sites are easy. You can make all new members have to be moderated. try keeping tabs on sites with 100,000 members.

Not bragging Greg, I cant remember how much I drank last night so the novelty of e-mail alerts on forum actions was pretty impressive to my simple (sober) brain. The turbo dodge sights are tiny:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/index.php

100,000 members on a single sight...no way I'd want to answer all those members requests!

Greg@GLD
12-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Not bragging Greg, I cant remember how much I drank last night so the novelty of e-mail alerts on forum actions was pretty impressive to my simple (sober) brain. The turbo dodge sights are tiny:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/index.php

100,000 members on a single sight...no way I'd want to answer all those members requests!

You can do a lot as an admin and a coder combined. You can customize things behind the scenes and yank their chains right back. :devil

Geeks know it's unwise to mess with other geeks. We had some dumb kid causing trouble once and he dared us to identify him and said we couldn't stop him. I told him he had one last chance to walk away or else. When we posted a screenshot of his driver's license we never heard from him again...

Russ Jerome
12-31-2009, 08:06 PM
We had a a mod go off the deep end, he thought he could permentaly delete everything he posted and PMed a guy and nobody would know. Unfortunatly for him a geek he was messing with had captured and saved huge files of all the posts and PM's he had sent... the mod saw the PMs posted publicaly and freaked out, publicaly humiliated would be putting it lightly :)

Nix
12-31-2009, 09:33 PM
My E-Wang is bigger than all. PAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH motherfuckers!!! :rolf :goof

lordairgtar
01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
he thought he could permentaly delete everything he posted and PMed a guy
You mean like Irish??:devil

Reverend Cooper
01-01-2010, 01:01 AM
I have always been able to get on to banned sites,and i suck at computers

Gregor
01-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Geeks know it's unwise to mess with other geeks. We had some dumb kid causing trouble once and he dared us to identify him and said we couldn't stop him. I told him he had one last chance to walk away or else. When we posted a screenshot of his driver's license we never heard from him again...

Thats pretty creepy. But funny.

HY35F2T
01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Ahahahahaha.

-stew-
01-29-2010, 12:38 PM

And apparently calling a broad who was bragging about running deer with a snowmobile a cunt isn't politically correct either...

Dr.Buick
01-29-2010, 12:42 PM
or telling them they owe you money lol, or making a true statement about them!

That_Guy
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
i keep getting banned form cobaltss.net for being "an asshole" so i understand your pain. i just change the ip address on my router and clean the cookies and im good to go.

Z28Envy
01-29-2010, 04:14 PM
i keep getting banned form cobaltss.net for being "an asshole" so i understand your pain. i just change the ip address on my router and clean the cookies and im good to go.

No body gives a fuck!

That_Guy
01-31-2010, 08:08 AM
No body gives a fuck!

im simply letting them know you can change your ip address.

Plum Crazy
01-31-2010, 09:41 AM
yeah nate, nobody cares! :)

and thanks for showing up last saturday!

That_Guy
01-31-2010, 08:03 PM
yeah nate, nobody cares! :)

and thanks for showing up last saturday!

listen dick bag between work and my car being on the lift all weekend it was a little hard.:D:loser

lordairgtar
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
:popcorn

PureSound15
02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
:popcorn

This post is as worthless as yours.

:sgay