PDA

View Full Version : Stereo 1 on 27th sucks....

93 Coupe
12-30-2009, 09:45 PM
After recieving a half assed viper remote starter as a gift that was missing half the pieces ( extra key fob, valet switch etc), I reluctantly let them install it because they wouldnt refund the money.

I get the car back Tuesday after they had the car all day and everytime I start the car, it sets the alarm off. Go back that night and they look at it and say its fine and throw some terms at us like '"door lock'' ''security" and "arming" to get us to leave puzzled and hopefully never return.

As the car continued to set off the alarm as the car started remotely, we sent the car back again all day today only to recieve it in worse condition. Now everytime I start it with the remote it goes through a random cycle of starting, then shutting off, then starting again?

At this point I'm willing to take the $200 something hit to get this shit off my car and have something descent installed correctly. Has anyone else had problems with them? Project 2 seems to be talked about alot on here maybe I'll try them.

Dr.Buick
12-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Drive right down 27 street to Elite. that's the ONLY place i will take my car, snoop goes their too

lordairgtar
12-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Someone gave you a gift with missing parts? dayum!

03CVLX
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
My friend had two remote starts installed there. first one worked ok, but when he took his dads truck there to have a remote start installed it was to include the trunk release. Well, they forgot to install it and when the vehicle was brought back they charged him an extra 40 or 60 bucks to install the trunk pop. Insisting that it wasn't included in the original deal. x2 on sucks....stay away.

Nix
12-31-2009, 07:09 AM
Sounds like a fucking hack shop. File a complaint with the BBB to try and warn others about this shit hole. Go to Project 2 and it will be done correctly.

PureSound15
12-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Man - all the years I worked in car audio, I swear the most common horror stories root from either "My cousin, who has installed lots of stuff" or some random car audio shop I've never heard of.

I'd try project two man - you get what you pay for.

93 Coupe
12-31-2009, 04:05 PM
To top things off, as I was getting in to my girlfriends car with my keys in my pocket, that was enough to start my car and set of the panic alarm last night. Stereo 1 isnt even willing to give me in store credit either. I dont know how a place like this is in business.

HY35F2T
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Whats the shops name?Make a post on craigslist.