PDA

View Full Version : Pulley Puller

team beater
12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Just received my press on 3.4 pulley for the regal, does anyone have a pulley puller I can use?
Beer for anyone who does:alcoholic

theavenger333
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
man i can only suggest you get to reading on these cars. you can't use a claw puller, you'll destroy the pulley. you need a special type, which is not super common. there are a few members on here who had, and might still have one. before you go slapping on a pulley and going YEEHAW, you should put some supporting mods on it as well. cooler plugs, an intake of some sort, odds and ends.

this is a resonable write-up. the site itself sucks but the links to other sites are good
http://www.subatomicdesign.com/gtp/forum/ClubGPFAQ.htm

deuceWI
12-29-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll bring over a hammer and a big screwdriver. :D

The more beer we drink the better our chance of success!

team beater
12-29-2009, 09:48 PM
man i can only suggest you get to reading on these cars. you can't use a claw puller, you'll destroy the pulley. you need a special type, which is not super common. there are a few members on here who had, and might still have one. before you go slapping on a pulley and going YEEHAW, you should put some supporting mods on it as well. cooler plugs, an intake of some sort, odds and ends.

this is a resonable write-up. the site itself sucks but the links to other sites are good
http://www.subatomicdesign.com/gtp/forum/ClubGPFAQ.htm

Reading, yeah done some reading....... The way I look at it is this, buy puller, $100+ or rent one $40+ or see if anyone on BCM has one to borrow for free.....I like the free option the most, if not explore other options. As far as supporting mods.......the intake is installed, will be picking up plugs, t-stat, the PCM, downpipe and if you see here http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43412 i will need to get some pipe bent up and hung as well.

Trust me, I dont plan to put the pulley on call it a day and then just start beating the sh!t out it.....LOL

Its just a daily so the said mods above will be the extent of what the car will see. With that also in mind I am not the type who wants to smoke a tranny or spin a bearing cause I have the desire to drive like a 15 yr old......

Dont get me wrong, I want to have fun on from time to time(mostly to run along side the guy who posted above this^^^^^) but, if its time to play I have a fun car for that.......

P.S. Thanks for the insight so far and I'll check out the link

P.P.S If you know anyone who has a pulley puller I have free beer for them:thumbsup:thumbsup

Plum Crazy
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
send a PM to Stealthy1ss, i believe he has one for his Cobalt.

HY35F2T
12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Or craigslist add.

team beater
12-29-2009, 10:03 PM
send a PM to Stealthy1ss, i believe he has one for his Cobalt.

Thanks

Neal Steffek
12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Just to give you a heads up, it is perfectly safe to run just a 3.4 and beat the crap out of it. Nothing bad is going to happen. Colder plugs are not needed and I would not do a T-stat until spring. No need to be cold in the winter.

3.4 and intake and you are good to go until you do a PCM and headers. :thumbsup

85SS/85GN
12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
pm sent