PDA

View Full Version : engine puller

Z06 KID
12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
found a good deal on a 1 ton foldable engine puller at harbor freight. anyone ever had or used one from there and or had any problems with it. is it worth the buy. oh ya the deal was 100 dollars.

jbiscuit
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
They are all basically made by the same company I believe Mike R. and all are Chinese made hoists now. You can compare one to the other by looking at the Harbor Freight unit, a Northern Tool hoist and even an Advance Auto Parts hoists. I bet you will find that they are all the same hoist, just different colors. Same with jackstands.

For occasional lifting (IE your home garage) any of the 1-ton hoists will work fine. A lot of guys use a carb plate and yank the motor/trans together without issue....especially a SBC. Might need more hoist if it was a BBC or a 455 Buick motor or something really heavy. A load leveler might make it even easier but I think a carb plate with a SBC would do just fine.

:) J

letsrunem
12-28-2009, 02:09 AM
I think I need to grab one of these

letsrunem
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Just picked one up, god I love that store. The hoist was just over $100 with a 20% coupon they scanned at the register.