PDA

View Full Version : Better movie theaters, quality picture?

Russ Jerome
12-27-2009, 12:39 AM
We're gonna see Avatar Sunday, rare family outing, we live on the Norfside.

Hate going to theaters with our home electronics but want to make the best of it, Mayfair is close but soda stains on wall and hoodrats make me want to go elsewhere..???

Falls has a few local votes for decent picture as far as I can find, let me know.

Car Guy
12-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Majestic out in Brookfield is fancy and has Avatar in 2D on the ultra screen or 3D on the standard size screen. I don't think Avatar is being shown anywhere in 3D on the ultra screen, but I could be wrong.....

HY35F2T
12-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Really majestic is fancy lol guess i aint that hood after all lol.

twicks69
12-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Majestic theatre is a very nice theatre with excellent seating, audio and nice overall comfort.

Saw the 3D version there, it was excellent, but I really was hoping for ultrascreen 3d because I think I would have shit myself. Sit as close as possible so that you can perceive the entire screen or at least the inner portion of the screen while keeping the "exit" signs out of your peripherals so you can enjoy the atmosphere that James Cameron has made for you.

wrath
12-27-2009, 08:45 AM
The one in Delafield isn't too bad either.

xxtremeteam
12-27-2009, 09:01 AM
I like ipic at bayshore assinged big seats great sound and picture

88Nightmare
12-27-2009, 11:22 AM
IMAX 3D at Mayfair. It was incredible. Comfy seats. Avatar is definitely worth seeing in the IMAX 3D. After seeing it last night, I couldn't picture seeing it any other way

Russ Jerome
12-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow glad I asked, had no idea there where even options!

I'm right down the street from Mayfair War so I'll try the IMAX.

88Nightmare
12-27-2009, 11:52 AM
DEFINITELY go for the IMAX. The ticket was worth the extra $3 or $4

T-Bag
12-27-2009, 11:52 AM
IMAX 3d is the only option to go see Avatar, srsly

T-Bag
12-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Really majestic is fancy lol guess i aint that hood after all lol.

Have you been inside the theaters that have individual tables that you can order food/drinks? Its pretty fancy....well at least for theaters in this area.

Russ Jerome
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
IMAX was sold out, saw the 3d version and was happily impressed with picture and movie, very cool flick.

HY35F2T
12-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Have you been inside the theaters that have individual tables that you can order food/drinks? Its pretty fancy....well at least for theaters in this area.
Ehh i could careless i guess most ppl like to fake it till yah make it.:rolf

lordairgtar
12-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Mayfair...I guess it's OK if you like having random people yell comments at the screen during the movie and people talking on their cells. If I wanted that, I'd go see Rocky Horror. At least there, it is somewhat scripted.

88Nightmare
12-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Mayfair...I guess it's OK if you like having random people yell comments at the screen during the movie and people talking on their cells. If I wanted that, I'd go see Rocky Horror. At least there, it is somewhat scripted.

I was just there last night and experienced nothing of what you described. Other times I were there, I also experienced none of that. That theater to me is no different then going to the one in Oak Creek... except for the drive.

nitrous
12-29-2009, 08:42 AM
If you don't mind a drive, the newer Renaissance Marcus Theater in Sturtevant is pretty nice with an UltraScreen.

lordairgtar
12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I was just there last night and experienced nothing of what you described. Other times I were there, I also experienced none of that. That theater to me is no different then going to the one in Oak Creek... except for the drive.
They must have gotten rid of the problem then.

Russ Jerome
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Last time a hoodrat was mumbling behind my son and I, I just leaped up and went over the back of my seat,got in dudes face said something like "Im gonna kill you and nobody will know until this movie is over". Rat got up and walked about 5 rows away. This is a great was to get the entire theater to shut up for the complete movie.