PDA

View Full Version : I have the worst luck EVER

Knyghtmare
05-14-2004, 07:43 PM
So I'm putting in some new ARP rod bolts and I tear apart the oil pan assembly last night just to find I didnt have the right socket and all hardware stores closed. Tonight I had the socket in hand and I am torqueing down one of the rod bolts and the fucker strips out. I mean the ***** is round. SO I call ARP and they tell me they will replace it but it will take a week to get here. So now I am another week behind. AND I cant get he ******* rounded rod bolt out. I'm screwed. So I am not gonna try some tool the lady at ARP suggested... i hate my luck.... My middle name is Murphy's Law I swear... WTF else will go wrong now.
:S: :ripped: :fire

Scales
05-14-2004, 09:23 PM
I know how ya feel man! I got ARP bolts for my intake and headers. I couldn't believe how soft the heads were. Had a couple slips torqueing the intake bolts, and those didn't even need that much! Just glad I didn't round any!!

Crawlin
05-14-2004, 09:58 PM
WOW man, just nonstop speedbumps. will make the finish that much sweeter. were you using a 12pt socket? stuff like that i have always used a 6pt so there more of a contact patch and less chance to strip.