PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers but oppsite

HY35F2T
12-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Basicly i got some wheels that i really really like but i want to bring them in about 1/2inch.Has anyone had to do this or can you send wheels in and have the wheel mounting surface that touches the hub machined down and still be safe?

TheRX7Project
12-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Roll the fenders?

HY35F2T
12-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Roll the fenders?
I was thinking that but id have to do the rear just a kunt hair.But the front is gonna have to be kind of extreme cuz i want the fender to be just above the top of the tire i hate wheel gap.

DRK
12-24-2009, 10:49 PM
You could put a shorter control arm, spindle, or narrower k-member under the car. Even if possible I wouldn't mill 1/2" off the back side of a wheel in fear if it coming apart.

HY35F2T
12-24-2009, 11:58 PM
You could put a shorter control arm, spindle, or narrower k-member under the car. Even if possible I wouldn't mill 1/2" off the back side of a wheel in fear if it coming apart.
Yeah thats what i was thinking when i started looking closer at the wheels i have.Plus this is for my mx6 so alot of the control arm and other stuff goes out the window.Think im just going to lower it and see where im at with the wheels on the car.I just realized i could pull the fender out a bit to.