PDA

View Full Version : Last minute X-mas gift HELP.....

Car Guy
12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I need some suggestions ASAP on a X-mas gift for my mother. The bright side is we aren't exchanging until Sunday but the downside is I don't have a clue about what to get her and can't find anything. She likes dancing (trains with Fred Astaire studios), arts & crafts, jazz type music, theater performances and ice skating to name a few. I tried to find something at the Bradley Center, Fireside Theater or Milwaukee Theater but there seems to be a shortage of events she would like.....

Please post up any suggestions you might have, my brain is fried from trying to come up with something.....:durr

~Justin

supra213
12-23-2009, 05:49 PM
A portrait of Benjamin Franklin

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-2/100-dollar-bill.jpg

Car Guy
12-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Good one, however she has enough of that and would prefer a more personal gift hands down.....

CarrotTop
12-23-2009, 06:01 PM
What about like pass to ice skate somewhere?

badass88gt
12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Get her the Jackhawk 9000, available at Wal Mart....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r177/DramudaMarsay/Jackhawk9000.jpg

Sorry, I'm of no use here. How about some sort of spa treatment or personal pampering maybe?

Jeff
12-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

pOrk
12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Old ladys love strippers

-stew-
12-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Give her a lapper. Notice that I didn't say "get", I said "give."

Car Guy
12-23-2009, 07:07 PM
What about like pass to ice skate somewhere?

I should have been more specific, she likes to watch ice skating not go ice skating. I was hoping Starts on Ice would be at the Bradley Center again but it either came to town already or isn't coming at all this year.....:(

Sorry, I'm of no use here. How about some sort of spa treatment or personal pampering maybe?

That is a good idea but I was hoping to take her somewhere, dinner and a performance. I'm willing to attend a ballet performance with her but that where I draw the line.....:goof

0TransAm0
12-23-2009, 07:29 PM
does she like to read? my brother and i are getting this for my mom. but she reads damn near a book every 2 weeks.

its a kindle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015T963C/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=3275335891&ref=pd_sl_46otwdbzgv_e

Car Guy
12-23-2009, 08:26 PM
does she like to read? my brother and i are getting this for my mom. but she reads damn near a book every 2 weeks.

its a kindle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015T963C/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=3275335891&ref=pd_sl_46otwdbzgv_e

She reads a LOT but she is old school and prefers paper books, I appreciate the suggestion.....:)

GTSLOW
12-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Cheapskate.

0TransAm0
12-23-2009, 08:34 PM
She reads a LOT but she is old school and prefers paper books, I appreciate the suggestion.....:)

yeah my moms old school as well.. hell she JUST learned how to do a text message on her phone about a month ago.. she will just have to learn to use it..

British_Ben
12-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com gift card? You can get amazon gift cards at Walgreens. Does she watch QVC? You can get a gift card that they e-mail to you and you can print or forward to her e-mail. She can use it on their website or over the phone.

Maybe a first edition or a hard cover of a book she really likes?

Does she like the art museum? You could get her a membership there, or a gift card if they make them, not sure.

My mom likes jazz too, especially Quincy Jones. So, a few Christmases I got her the box set with 4 cds and a book about Quincy. I got it from Best Buy, not sure if they'd have any left or anything new.

Car Guy
12-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Cheapskate.

I don't know what you're getting at by this comment but cheapskate is NOwhere to be found in my DNA.....;)

badass88gt
12-24-2009, 12:22 AM
That is a good idea but I was hoping to take her somewhere, dinner and a performance. I'm willing to attend a ballet performance with her but that where I draw the line.....:goof

Are there any "broadway" type peformances playing int eh area? I took my ex to see Phantom of the Opera and I just took my fiance and her daughter to see Trans Siberian Orchestra, you would be surprised how cool some of that stuff really is.

DynoTom
12-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Are there any "broadway" type peformances playing int eh area? I took my ex to see Phantom of the Opera and I just took my fiance and her daughter to see Trans Siberian Orchestra, you would be surprised how cool some of that stuff really is.

http://www.firesidetheatre.com/

TransAm12sec
12-24-2009, 02:10 AM
The blues show at the Milwaukee Theater might work.

A book about the history of Jazz, Jazz cds/dvds, stuff from Urban Outfitters, tickets to the art museum/discovery world for the family or the two of you.

http://shop.history.com/detail.php?p=83456

Your mom has a lot more interests than mine, it's always hard to shop for her. I can never get her to tell me something she wants.

Dr.Buick
12-24-2009, 06:24 AM
My mom says her head lights are not bright enough, so I got her a set of hid's what about something like that?

Lash
12-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Get her a gift certificate to a spa. Message, manicure..... women love that shit.

Turbo-Triumph
12-24-2009, 10:06 AM
how is she on cleaning supplies? good stock?

if she really likes arts and crafts get her an easle and some paint brushes/paint.

then she can paint pictures for herself =) i know i would enjoy this if i had enough room in my dinky apartment.

88Nightmare
12-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Get her a gift certificate to a spa. Message, manicure..... women love that shit.

exactly what I got my mother. Gift certificate to Azana on moorland and bluemound. Real classy place. When picking up my gift card yesterday, my 1990 rusty red ranger felt out of place amongst all the Benz's in the lot :rolf

Car Guy
12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
My mom says her head lights are not bright enough, so I got her a set of hid's what about something like that?

That's an idea I never would have thought of but she drives a `06 Infiniti M35x and it has HIDs already.....

She already goes to the spa on a regular basis.....