PDA

View Full Version : Mary Kay Pink XLR...really?

Teufelhunden
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Come on people...do we really need a Mary Kay XLR? Spotted in Delafield, she must have sold alot of frackin lipstick! The picture below is just an example. I didnt get the iphone up in time. Notice this one even has some rub marks... :stare

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s83/cds488mnks/cars%20around%20Minneapolis%202/100_5811.jpg

That_Guy
12-23-2009, 11:40 AM
i sense some jealously

Exitspeed
12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Look at the front bumper all scraped up. Lame.

Dasred
12-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I've seen them come into the gas station I used to work at.
I did ask one
"How much do you have to sell to get that?"
She replied
"I been doin' this a long time darlin'."

88Nightmare
12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I saw a Mary Kay crew cab Chevy Colorado in Brown Deer today

wrath
12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
To get an XLR you have to be a national sales director, IIRC. I can't remember anymore, an old coworker of mine was into the Mary Kay Pyramid Scheme. Get a flock under you and there are a ton of perks.

Voodoo Chick
12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
The driver's name is Lisa Mack, she's the district sales manager, and YES, she's a WICKED good seller. She's also very nice. I know this as I once attempted to sell Mary Kay cosmetics, and each week at the sales meetings, I marveled at the hideousness of that car.

88Nightmare
12-28-2009, 08:55 PM
the XLR is a neat car.... the mark kay color, however, is quite gay

94greenbandit
12-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Look at it this way it is free, so who cares what color it is. The Escalades that they get are nice also. Never heard of a Colorado for them though

michelle
12-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I'd rock it.

94greenbandit
12-29-2009, 10:26 AM
If my wife got one I would rock it also :headbang

Voodoo Chick
12-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Look at it this way it is free, so who cares what color it is. The Escalades that they get are nice also. Never heard of a Colorado for them though

Oh, they are NOT free!! You have to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on inventory, EASILY 60-70 hours a week selling, booking Mary Kay parties, attending events, and so on.....you have to pay taxes on it, and insurance, and a maintenance cost. All told, this "free" Caddy costs ALOT, plus all the hours and hours of work to keep it. IF (and this is a mighty BIG if) you are willing to devote your entire life to Mary Kay cosmetics, you might have a shot at the cars....If not.....well, not so much.

lilws6
12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
i see the xlr you speak of in delefield i think the same people own the mary kay escalade as well

94greenbandit
12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh, they are NOT free!! You have to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on inventory, EASILY 60-70 hours a week selling, booking Mary Kay parties, attending events, and so on.....you have to pay taxes on it, and insurance, and a maintenance cost. All told, this "free" Caddy costs ALOT, plus all the hours and hours of work to keep it. IF (and this is a mighty BIG if) you are willing to devote your entire life to Mary Kay cosmetics, you might have a shot at the cars....If not.....well, not so much.

Perhaps but the thousands you speak of you are making back double. So if you spend a thousand and sell all you just made a thousand. Once you have a big customer base you are pretty much trying to keep up your inventory. I don't think you need to spend 60-70hours a week to get done what you need to. Just my .02

Voodoo Chick
12-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Perhaps but the thousands you speak of you are making back double. So if you spend a thousand and sell all you just made a thousand. Once you have a big customer base you are pretty much trying to keep up your inventory. I don't think you need to spend 60-70hours a week to get done what you need to. Just my .02

Yes, you do. If you want to suceed at it, it requires devotion, and dedication. You do NOT make it back double, you make 50% of what you spend. For example, if you buy $600, and sell it ALL, you get to keep $300. I WAS a Mary Kay consultant, I know what happens on the "inside," and it's a very, very intense lifestyle, really good for only those who truly wish to make it a career. Once you have a large customer base, you can be pretty much garaunteed to be spending ALOT of time maintaining it. It's not an easy thing to achieve. It was way too much for me, so I quit.

PureSound15
12-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Yes, you do. If you want to suceed at it, it requires devotion, and dedication. You do NOT make it back double, you make 50% of what you spend. For example, if you buy $600, and sell it ALL, you get to keep $300. I WAS a Mary Kay consultant, I know what happens on the "inside," and it's a very, very intense lifestyle, really good for only those who truly wish to make it a career. Once you have a large customer base, you can be pretty much garaunteed to be spending ALOT of time maintaining it. It's not an easy thing to achieve. It was way too much for me, so I quit.

I'm assuming you chose the goth primered Mary Kay vehicle? Is that 1, or 2 steps down from the Caddy?

Voodoo Chick
12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm assuming you chose the goth primered Mary Kay vehicle? Is that 1, or 2 steps down from the Caddy?

You only receive one if you sell their special "Mary Kay Twilight" package.......

94greenbandit
01-01-2010, 01:26 AM

You must be a little disillusioned about what you make because my wife does it now and you make double than what you pay for it. Also the insurance is paid up to 85% and the maintenance is only oil changes and the car is a write off for taxes.

Voodoo Chick
01-01-2010, 03:17 AM
You must be a little disillusioned about what you make because my wife does it now and you make double than what you pay for it. Also the insurance is paid up to 85% and the maintenance is only oil changes and the car is a write off for taxes.

Just going by what they told me......Maybe I was being scammed by my peers?? My experience with it was VERY disillusioning. Also a very expensive mistake. I made NOTHING back, and the terms they gave me seemed horribly unfair. I have a suspicion that the group I was involved with weren't entirely honest.

Ricky Bobby
01-01-2010, 08:18 AM

and remeber she will never race that one neither :rolf

94greenbandit
01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
I am sorry to hear about your experience. My wife seems to be in a good group and slowly working her way, but she also has a full time job right now. She is basically doing it for networking and she loves make-up, plus it helps her get away from the kids.

If you don't mind me asking who was your Director

PureSound15
01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
and remeber she will never race that one neither :rolf

Too much POWA!

Voodoo Chick
01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Too much POWA!

Oh my, oh my....y'all just never get tired of chewing on the same ol' jokes and gossip, do ya? My reasons for not racing are largely based on the fact that I as a driver, do not have the necessary experience/skill level to safely do so. I do not want to wreck the car I have spent many years and thousands of dollars on....maybe someday, when I feel more confident, I'll give racing a shot, until then...NO. I don't want to be one of those people that make false claims about my skill level to be a bad-ass (although that NEVER happens here.....:shades) and then not be able to prove it. I'll wait until I am able.

PureSound15
01-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Just jabbing a bit :goof

What motor is in that car that requires such technical abilities? Does it spit out the rear end goin into 4th or what?

Ricky Bobby
01-01-2010, 08:03 PM
no i thought it was it popped a wheelie when goin into fourth :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
01-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Just jabbing a bit :goof

What motor is in that car that requires such technical abilities? Does it spit out the rear end goin into 4th or what?

No, nothing wrong with the car........more experience needed by the car's driver. I am not a terribly confident person, and one of my deepest fears is wrecking my cars. I am desperately afraid that if I tried racing them, I would somehow ruin them.....I know this is probably not true, but irrational fears can be very compelling, and very hard to shake. So, for now......hell no. Plus, a few years back, I actually did wreck the car.....it was a very bad, costly experience, and I could not forgive myself if I did it again.

Deggy
01-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I think the XLR is fugly, painting it pink is even worse.

Ricky Bobby
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
you can sell me that nice old beast in ur avatar and ill take real nice care of it i promise
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/LastDemo/DSCN5616.jpg

1976 olds delta 88 rust free from arizona :thumbsup