PDA

View Full Version : Dogs are bad for enviornment

Silver03SRT
12-22-2009, 09:12 AM
What a waste of money on this study. Who cares. I guess we should kill all aminals so the carbon footprint on them isnt so big.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220/sc_afp/lifestyleclimatewarminganimalsfood

VroomPshhTsi
12-22-2009, 09:13 AM
I'd still rather have a dog than an SUV.

animal
12-22-2009, 09:33 AM
i like how they claimed it was twice what an suv uses at 6k miles a year. I don't know anyone that drives 6k miles a year. I think I will get another dog for good measure.

GRNDNL
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
I'd still rather have a dog than an SUV.

I need the SUV to carry my dog............

Crawlin
12-22-2009, 09:43 AM
They just use the 6k since that's the mathematical point that helps make their point. So if it's twice as much at 6k, all that means is pets make the same as an suv at 12k miles per year and that's average for the US. So it's still a valid argument.

I'd love to see PETA's reaction to this though, hahaha. Fucking people spending money on research like this just pisses me off.

-stew-
12-22-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd love to see PETA's reaction to this though, hahaha. Fucking people spending money on research like this just pisses me off.

Peta is against pet ownership on general.

http://purebredcats.org/animal_rights.htm

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474976761013

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~powlesla/personal/hunting/rights/pets.txt

animal
12-22-2009, 11:31 AM
So it's still a valid argument.

It is?

I feel it's invalid because it's fucking retarded.

Crawlin
12-22-2009, 11:33 AM
It is?

I feel it's invalid because it's fucking retarded.

I meant that mileage comparison... not the overall argument. If you read down the next line I said it's fucking stupid that people invest money into these studies

Exitspeed
12-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Well I better go home and put my dogs down.

Prince Valiant
12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
If one were to ask, I'd say that it just shows the fruitlessness of trying to contain CO2 due to the number of sources and the amount that each emit. This is similar to the SUV vs Scandinavian mooses a couple years back (iirc, those mooses emit more co2 than all SUV's).

While people can put up huge sounding numbers for the gas, compared to natural sources, humans pale in comparison. The idea that the ecosystem is so fragile to imbalances in the amount of C02 emitted vs absorbed is a hard one to swallow when they make it sound like the minute amounts humans emit by comparrison will cause a catastrophic positive feedback look. Especially since history is replete with examples of the unusually large emitters of Co2 that make human emissions seem almost trivial, and yet, the world didn't plunge into a chaotic abyss of climate change.

There has to be a significant buffer in the system that has the ability to deal with random and sudden Co2 emissions, that likewise, seems to be dealing with the relatively small human emissions in stride.

I mean, we're still talking about a gas that makes up less than 0.040% of the atmosphere. And humans are responsible for ~5% of the total emitted compared to natural sources on a yearly basis.

Al
12-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Get a smaller dog?

team beater
12-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Really..........Dogs are bad for the environment........So are stupid fucking people who do dumb ass studies like this, these people are bad for the economy as well......Maybe we should kill them instead

PureSound15
12-22-2009, 03:10 PM
I proudly take my polluting dog on trips with me in my 9 MPG car that doesn't have cats, and leaves rubber on the road

lordairgtar
12-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I want to know how much paper, energy, and time was used to make this study? I think we should get the address of this guy and send him all our dog poop.

xwing
12-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Enviro wackos with their FAKE "global warming caused by man" and idiot "CO2 is Dangerous and should be reduced and controlled by EPA" are self- and Humanity-haters. They have mental diseases.
They hate humanity and themselves SO badly they take a LIFE-GIVING gas (CO2) and call it dangerous. It is part of the NATURAL carbon cycle.
Of course they hate everyone ELSE a little MORE than themselves, so they would be the LAST to die, and are allowed private jets, wasteful lifestyles while we are NOT, and they tell everybody else what to do.

PLANTS use Water and Carbon Dioxide to produce plant/carbon materials, and OXYGEN (which we and most all animals BREATHE to LIVE).

Without CO2, there is no oxygen production, plants all die, and ALL animals die. More CO2 means more efficient plant growth and more oxygen production...the earth has a Balance, and for almost 5 billion years, it has it figured out.

H2O + CO2 --> O2 + CH2O... (didn't do the full equation balancing but you get the idea) plants split water and CO2 MOLECULES, recombine those ELEMENTS into molecular oxygen (O2) and carbon products (CH3CH2CH2O etc)

Carbon is a 4 bond molecule and can bond in chains and structures forming the "Carbon Based Life Forms" such as ourselves, trees, plants, EVERYTHING.

The IDIOT WACKO environmentalists to be consistent, are saying Humans, Cows, Dogs, Birds, Insects, basically ALL living things on EARTH use Oxygen and EXHALE CO2, are ALL exhaling DANGEROUS POISONS with every evil breath...ROFL.
All humans must commit suicide, but first kill all cows, dogs, and EVERY animal on the face of the earth. Nuking the whole world would solve all the EnviroWackos perceived problems of "evil CO2".

The earth is radiated upon by "The Sun" with energies every day that blow away any minor effects of our atmosphere...if the sun heats up a few degrees in it's thousands of degreees, sunspots etc, guess what, the Earth heats up too! We don't control the Sun, though liberal enviroWackos no doubt blame us for the Sun's global warming/cooling CYCLES too...

I am an environmentalist. I believe in SENSIBLE conservation and protection of animals and plants IN BALANCE with human needs...these people make "environmentalist" a bad name and a sad, hating joke.
Who the F voted Obama and these idiots into office, anyway?!?

Silver350
12-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Good thing they didnt do the study on humans

DynoTom
12-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Get a smaller dog?

I gotta Excursion and a Great Dane , F' em !:rolf:rolf:rolf

flyin_blue_egg
12-23-2009, 08:04 AM
study is flawed if you ask me. who the fvck only drives 6,200 miles a YEAR. hell when I was in school I would do that in two months.

Silver350
12-23-2009, 08:09 AM
study is flawed if you ask me. who the fvck only drives 6,200 miles a YEAR. hell when I was in school I would do that in two months.

I bought my truck in Febuary Last year and I only put about 6,200 miles on it right now. Its possible.

Feature Pony
12-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I HATE TREE HUGGERS THEY CAN KISS MY ASS!!!!! If any of those tree huggers try anything with my pets there will be 1 less tree hugger in the world!

pjturkey
12-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I wanna know how big my carbon footprint is so I can see how many Prius owners I cancel out....

animal
12-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I wanna know how big my carbon footprint is so I can see how many Prius owners I cancel out....

You're not a true carboner unless you own a carbon debit certificate :)

www.carbonliberators.com

Gregor
12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I gotta Excursion and a Great Dane , F' em !:rolf:rolf:rolf

your dog most likely drop logs the size of a SUV.

lordairgtar
12-23-2009, 07:03 PM
your dog most likely drop logs the size of a SUV.
My boxer/jack russel could lay some big ones too. The manager was complaining about the dog poo and I said the poo must be from a bigger breed...nope, they were from my dog...dayum:(