PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer

Feature Pony
12-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Anybody know of any places or people that will rent a enclosed trailer? I need it for the world of wheels show, so a thursday and sunday would be the days needed. Thanks

Feature Pony
12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Anybody know of a place that rents them?

SSLEVO
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Idk if i've ever seen them for rent, someone on here may have one you can borrow for a few bucks.

SLOWC5
12-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Tom's Trailers rents them.

Dr.Buick
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
If the roads are are salt free, and It's looking that way you can use mine.

animal
12-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Surprised at the effort for such a meh show.

Monstr913
12-24-2009, 01:44 AM
i think Hanna Trailers in Oak Creek does also

lit666
12-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Tom's is closed till Jan 4th, I need one myself

Dr.Buick
12-24-2009, 10:49 AM
I do have a open i don't care about to a pont that someone can use

Karps TA
12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Surprised at the effort for such a meh show.

Sweet someone bitching about the show already. Usually that happens the week of the show.:thumbsup

I'm probably just going to have someone flatbed mine, and hopefully weather permitting, drive it home like I did a couple years ago.

Memphis
12-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Come on Rick, its just a Mustang. Drive er in!!!:goof

Car Guy
12-24-2009, 12:14 PM
I might offer transporting services via enclosed trailer for the WOW show; a thread will be started in the very near future to gauge interest.....

Car Guy
12-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately plans have changed and I will be out of town during the World of Wheels show.....:(

animal
12-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Sweet someone bitching about the show already. Usually that happens the week of the show.:thumbsup

Actually i've never been to that show, never plan on going to it either. So the source of my thoughts is not on past experiences but rather based on stories and pictures. It looks to me like it's any other saturday car show... only in winter with alot of pain in the ass shit to go through to get a car there. It just amuses me that so many people want to go through all that effort to essentially redo the holz car show in winter. Heh.
:goof

pOrk
12-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Actually i've never been to that show, never plan on going to it either. So the source of my thoughts is not on past experiences but rather based on stories and pictures. It looks to me like it's any other saturday car show... only in winter with alot of pain in the ass shit to go through to get a car there. It just amuses me that so many people want to go through all that effort to essentially redo the holz car show in winter. Heh.
:goof

That and you have to pay a retarded admission fee to spectate

Karps TA
12-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Well in the show's defense, that building ain't free. You pay about that same amount for the home shows and other shit, and those people are all trying to sell you stuff.

The show isn't perfect, it's not the Detroit Autorama or something. But it's a good way to do something car related in the middle of winter. It's a good place for families to go hang out for a while and let their kids see some cool cars. For some of us the show is how we got introduced to the hobby and still enjoy going, or getting the chance to have our car there.

From what it sounds like we're real close to losing the show, and then people will bitch and moan about how there is no show. That said if you don't like it, don't go. I'm sure those that do go will get over the dissappointment somehow.

1fast2litre
12-26-2009, 03:29 PM
From what it sounds like we're real close to losing the show, and then people will bitch and moan about how there is no show. That said if you don't like it, don't go. I'm sure those that do go will get over the dissappointment somehow.

I'm gonna say this will be the last year for it, Sharing the building with the wedding show and having another ISCA in another state the same weekend I think will hurt them for "Show Cars" and people paying the $13 to walk around. With that being said I will still be there from Thurs-Sun and will have a blast like every year :headbang

Car Guy
12-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Who organized the show this year...???

Crawlin
12-26-2009, 03:45 PM
The most important factor is how much is the beer?

1fast2litre
12-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Who organized the show this year...???

Joe Konkel is running it again, I think this is his last year

1fast2litre
12-26-2009, 04:15 PM
The most important factor is how much is the beer?

I'm gonna say beer is over $5.00. I never had to worry about it in previous years but alittle birdie told me they are gonna be hard on people sneaking stuff in

GRAMPS SS
12-26-2009, 04:58 PM
thought last year was Joe's last year..and the CHEATERS CAR CLUB took over...I've seen the Milwaukee show go from a 4 down to a 1a show...you can't blame it on another show being on the same weekend...it's been that way for as long as i can remember...

they just can't draw the BIG BOYS anymore for what ever reason...IMO
and yes that building costs big bucks to rent for 4 days..and to heat...if they stop the Milwaukee show...i will not travel to chi town for theres.

as far as a trailer goes..you should of bought the one we had for sale..like new..went for 3500.00 and we got a new one ....dont think we would have time to pick you up...or i would offer....

Karps TA
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
From what I gather. ISCA was going to cancel the Milwaukee spot due to attendance or something. They basically told the Cheaters so much so after the Cheaters put a bunch of time and effort into getting sponsors. Then ISCA changed their mind last minute and the Cheaters said screwoff. This also caused conflict with the dates, causing the show to have to share the hall with the wedding show.

Or something like that. It sounds like a big fuck up, and probably will end up being the death of the show.

I'm sure other people can fill in the blanks more.

jbiscuit
12-26-2009, 06:46 PM
would miss the show if it goes away. If anything, its always nice to see friends and its something to do during sh1tty winter anyways. It will probably be done after this year. Not sure what Wayne means when he says it can't draw the "big boys..." There aren't many "big boys" in WI. Go to the Muscle Car Nats in Chicago once and compare there versus here. There are nice cars here in WI but we don't have anything compared to down there. And anyone with a nice restoration here in WI takes their car down there anyways :rolf The WOW here is more like something to do than a quality car show....that's how I look at it anyways. Because you could say the same about any car show here in the summer also....same old cars, pretty much the same caliber amateur restoration etc. Not that that is bad...just pointing out the obvious.

Karps TA
12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm actually excited about Chip Foose coming. He's the first person I actually would stand in line for to meet.

jbiscuit
12-26-2009, 07:16 PM
^ it is official then? I heard something on the radio about it but didn't htink he was actually going to be here! How cool!

Karps TA
12-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Website says he'll be here. So I hope so.

GRAMPS SS
12-26-2009, 09:07 PM
NO where did i say the BIG BOYS were from Wisconsin...but i do know of a few from Wisconsin...The BIG BOYS are the big POINT CARS that travel for points with the big 20x20 displays.They hit the I.S.C.A show circuit and gather there points and then head to the GRAND FINALE...I can remember when we were in the old building we would get at least 8 of the BIG BOYS...now...we get what..maybe 1..2...if we are lucky..otherwise it's the cars from the area and a few from chi town.....

even though I didn't say BIG BOYS from wis..here are a few

Ken Neubauer showed in the late 70's and early 80's ..now lives in Brookfield

Mark Weber...57 Chevy and a 77 Nova ..now from Sturgen Bay

Lauren and Dori Sparks....72 Chevelle...now lives in Richfield

Wayne Anderson....72 Camaro...Greenbay

Tim Lovingfoss ..T-Bucket,69 Chevelle.63 Savoy...lives in Colgate..did the circut for 4 years with the T-Bucket...was going to do it with the Chevelle and Savoy..but not worth it anymore..just doesn't have the time anymore...so we load the cars up just for Milwaukee

there are a few more...but they now park there cars and just show up and walk around....Tim and I run into them every year and they comment on how the show has changed...
there are a few more from the state but dont know there names just the cars...

jbiscuit
12-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Just curious but what makes them "big boys?" Are the cars full customs or correct restorations? I can't see too many 77 Novas in the points-type car shows? 70-72s yea.

b4mytm
12-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Joe is not running it this year. He is helping the new guy just as he would have for the Cheaters.
There was a mix up with dates and by the time they figured it all out,the Cheaters didn't want to do it (can't blame them).
If the show goes on next year it will have all the building again and will probably be a diffrent date.

I think what Wayne means about the big boys is the cars that do the entire circuit. We used to get all of them coming up here,but not many any more.

Anyways....I will go all 4 days even though I am not putting my car in this year. It is always a good time.

Yooformula
12-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Well in the show's defense, that building ain't free. You pay about that same amount for the home shows and other shit, and those people are all trying to sell you stuff.

The show isn't perfect, it's not the Detroit Autorama or something. But it's a good way to do something car related in the middle of winter. It's a good place for families to go hang out for a while and let their kids see some cool cars. For some of us the show is how we got introduced to the hobby and still enjoy going, or getting the chance to have our car there.

Completely agree! Even though it may be the same ole cars, its a good time for the family to get out of the house and see some cars in the dead of winter. If more people with the nicer cars would step up then the show would be a bigger success but someone will always complain.

PureSound15
12-27-2009, 02:55 PM
\

as far as a trailer goes..you should of bought the one we had for sale..like new..went for 3500.00 and we got a new one ....dont think we would have time to pick you up...or i would offer....

I'm confused. You owned a trailer? You own a show car? :confused

I didn't know that.

GRAMPS SS
12-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Just curious but what makes them "big boys?" Are the cars full customs or correct restorations? I can't see too many 77 Novas in the points-type car shows? 70-72s yea.

they are the BIG BOYS cause as i stated they run for POINTS on the
circut...i did type that i belive,,,,and the nova started out in a Restored class and now is PRO STREET/STREET MACHINE after doing the car FOR 10 or so years....AND DOES IT MEAN THAT YOU DON'T SEE THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT THERE...YOU ARE IN A CLASS.YOU RUN FOR POINTS IN THAT CLASS....next question j to try to make me look like a ass...or am i doing a good enough job of it...this isn't the West Allis car show on Greenfield ....

GRAMPS SS
12-27-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm confused. You owned a trailer? You own a show car? :confused

I didn't know that.

yeah i did...for the Monte when we showed it......

1fast2litre
12-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Joe is not running it this year. He is helping the new guy just as he would have for the Cheaters.
There was a mix up with dates and by the time they figured it all out,the Cheaters didn't want to do it (can't blame them).
If the show goes on next year it will have all the building again and will probably be a diffrent date.

I think what Wayne means about the big boys is the cars that do the entire circuit. We used to get all of them coming up here,but not many any more.

Anyways....I will go all 4 days even though I am not putting my car in this year. It is always a good time.

I was hoping you would see this Becky, Thanks for clearing some things up :thumbsup

jbiscuit
12-27-2009, 10:13 PM
next question j to try to make me look like a ass...or am i doing a good enough job of it...this isn't the West Allis car show on Greenfield ....

I understand how the show and points work. I didn't know what you were referring to when you said "big boys" IE big money cars....just asking a question. So you can rule out the conspiracy theory :thumbsup It illegal on BCM to ask questions now? Sorry if some of us have to ask for clarification every now and then.

Cryptic
12-28-2009, 09:10 AM

Well said, it's why I went there as a kid.

nitrous
12-29-2009, 08:39 AM
If you still need a trailer, Mueller's in Random Lake would probably rent one out. That's where I would get mine when your dad's is tied up.

u_say_go
12-29-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm actually excited about Chip Foose coming. He's the first person I actually would stand in line for to meet.
super cool dude. if he isn't too pressed for time, he'll ask what kind of car you have then draw it and sign his autograph.

they are the BIG BOYS cause as i stated they run for POINTS on the
circut...i did type that i belive,,,,and the nova started out in a Restored class and now is PRO STREET/STREET MACHINE after doing the car FOR 10 or so years....AND DOES IT MEAN THAT YOU DON'T SEE THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT THERE...YOU ARE IN A CLASS.YOU RUN FOR POINTS IN THAT CLASS....next question j to try to make me look like a ass...or am i doing a good enough job of it...this isn't the West Allis car show on Greenfield ....
calm down dude! J's question was legit and he wasn't trying to make you look like an ass.

yeah i did...for the Monte when we showed it......
who is this "WE" you always speak of?
IMO, the reason the show seems to be losing it's lustre is because 1) we remember the show being "cool" from when we were kids and any car with chrome wheels and flames was beyond what we ever saw on the road normally. 2) any given night during the summer you have multiple venues hosting car shows, that wasn't the case years ago so the WOW was pretty much your only chance to see a lot of nice cars in one place. 3) this one will piss off certain people....the quality of cars has really gone downhill at that show. there are a lot of daily drivers and cars that have no right being in a paid-admission show. I've seen some real junk there in recent years. The guy who's paying upwards of $50 to take his family to a "Car Show" for entertainment, he's going to be discouraged when he walks thru and sees bondo-buggies, rusty bumpers, gravel in the tires, dirty paint/interior, and cars he sees on the road everyday. That's not what people PAY to see. They want to see race cars, tricked out choppers and sport bikes, customs and street rods, beautifully restored classics and muscle cars.
It costs a TON of money to rent the Wisconsin Expo Center, and if they want people to pay to see a car show....they better figure out a way to fill that hall with SHOW CARS.

Feature Pony
12-29-2009, 09:43 AM
If you still need a trailer, Mueller's in Random Lake would probably rent one out. That's where I would get mine when your dad's is tied up.

Cool I will check them out to see if they have enclosed.

Gramps I should of bought that trailer but I have no place to put right now and this would of been the only time I would of used it LOL.

I also went to this show as a kid and my dad had 3 of his cars in the WOW through the 70's and 80's with R&D racing team and then R&D Motor Club so I would like to see it go on for my son to maybe get his car in there when he gets one. I have fun so thats all that matters to me, seeing people I haven't seen in awhile, getting some drinks and hanging out by my cars! Plus its warm in there! :thumbsup