PDA

View Full Version : Pond hockey?

RanJer
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Didn't really see a place for this in the outdoors/sports section so it's not mentioned.

Anyone else actually enjoy playing pond hockey/want to get a group together? Getting to be that time of year... Past years I've played at Humboldt Park and out on Phantom but willing to go anywhere somewhat close to throw some pucks around.

Silver03SRT
12-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Id be up for a little pond hockey. I used to go out to Wirth park alot and play.

WhatsADSM
12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Its been a LONG time since I have played butI would definately be interested. Just post up a time and a place.

Car Guy
12-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I have a pair of hockey skates that haven't been used yet.....:goof

RanJer
12-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Well I've got 3 or 4 guys I used to play hockey with in high school interested. They're mostly from Delafield/Oconomowoc area but I think I can get em to commute. Anyone have recommendations on where to meet up? I'm game for wherever so if you know of a good spot post it up.

1320PNY
12-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I still have my skates, but haven't been on ice in 3 years. I'll hit the Petit one night and see if i can still skate.

SSLEVO
12-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Are you talking about an actual pond or an outdoor rink with boards? I may be interested, i'm way up in west bend though. I work in Menomonee Falls so i could head somewhere after work. I played in HS but i haven't skated much in the last 2-3 years.

RanJer
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Are you talking about an actual pond or an outdoor rink with boards? I may be interested, i'm way up in west bend though. I work in Menomonee Falls so i could head somewhere after work. I played in HS but i haven't skated much in the last 2-3 years.

I was talking about a pond/lake... But if you have access to or know about anything like a a real outdoor rink that'd be way awesome. Only one of those I ever played in was way up by LaCrosse in high school.

What I'm talking about is like.. maybe gloves/shin pads/skates for padding. No real checking (obv there will be screwin' around). Just pick out some teams and play some hockey. Afterwards head in to a bar and get some wings and beer :headbang :alcoholic

SSLEVO
12-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I was talking about a pond/lake... But if you have access to or know about anything like a a real outdoor rink that'd be way awesome. Only one of those I ever played in was way up by LaCrosse in high school.

What I'm talking about is like.. maybe gloves/shin pads/skates for padding. No real checking (obv there will be screwin' around). Just pick out some teams and play some hockey. Afterwards head in to a bar and get some wings and beer :headbang :alcoholic
I guess i was spoiled when i was younger, i had an outdoor rink down the street from my house in wausau. I'll look into the outdoor rinks, there has to be one somewhere.

Silver03SRT
12-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Who here played hockey and where at in high school or club team? I know wirth park park had boards set up a few years ago but havent seen that place since. Let me know a time and place and I would be down.

RanJer
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Who here played hockey and where at in high school or club team? I know wirth park park had boards set up a few years ago but havent seen that place since. Let me know a time and place and I would be down.

Went to Mukwonago High, played on the Mukwonago/Kettle Moraine HS co-op team. Grad'd class of 02.

retro_pony
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Hell, yes, let's lace 'em up! Although I'd be coming from the Racine area. Didn't play in high school, got a last start - no hockey around here when I was a kid. Can still skate.

WhatsADSM
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Bump to this...

It's been plenty cold so all the local ponds should be good to go.

RanJer
01-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Anyone pick a place... I'm sure everything is plenty frozen.. Pick a lake.. pond.. whatever/whenever. I have 4 or 5 guys I used to play with in high school waiting for the call. I'm not familiar with much for inland lakes or anything aside from around Mukwonago. But I know there's places like Humboldt park that have a small lake/pond that'd work.

Silver350
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I wouldnt mind doing it although I sold my skates to car guy and I do not have any other hockey gear anymore.

SSLEVO
01-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Does any one have nets? I would possibly be interested but i'm not going to drive any distance to pass a puck around on a lake, haha

There has to be an outdoor rink around here.

RanJer
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Does any one have nets? I would possibly be interested but i'm not going to drive any distance to pass a puck around on a lake, haha

There has to be an outdoor rink around here.

Friend of mine has some homemade ones (2x4s and netting). Work just fine.

Silver03SRT
01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Lets get a date set. I will have to drive past wirth park and see if they still flood the parking lot. If this doesnt work we can always go to the Pettit and play some pick up.

sidewayzbimmer
01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
have been playing a few times this year! doidnt see this thread. Going to lake park tonight at 8pm if anyone is interested pm me for a number or directions!!!