PDA

View Full Version : Head count for Spring Cruise May 22

DamonZ28
05-13-2004, 07:09 AM
The spring cruise is nearly here! As some of you have already read, the spring cruise is going to be longer this year, quite similar to the fall cruise. We'll be leaving Racine, WI, at 9:00am, cruising up toward Plymouth (Road America area), and back down to Cedarburg, just north of Milwaukee, at around 5:30pm. It should be a blast, and there will be lots of cool photo and video opportunities along the way. Big thanks to Ron S. for doing much of the scouting, and Tim Y. for setting up door prizes and such. See the Spring Cruise Website (http://springcruise.fallcruise.org) for more info. To keep the numbers manageable, it is f-body only. Here is the list, which I will keep updated:

1. DamonZ28 (1994 Camaro Z28)
2. 02hawk796 (2002 Firehawk)
3. Tim Y (35th Anniv SS)
4. wrencher
5. CHI CAMARO GUY
6. SapphireHawk (2002 Firehawk)
7. jmd80ta00ss (2000 Camaro SS)
8. MisbhvnZ
9. Gomatose
10. Paul H (1994 Camaro Z28)
11. Nick 2K2 SS (2002 SS)
12. VixenTA
13. Killer Quad
14. Donny O.
15. Matt (2000 Z28)
16. Tim (1993 Camaro Z28)
17. Will (2002 CE TA)
18. Will's friend (1994 Formula)
19. Will's friend (2002 TA)
20. Will's friend (1990 TA)
21. Sexy83TA
22. Sexy83TA's boyfriend (1996 Camaro Z28)
23. 93RedDevilZ28
24. 01camaroSS
25. Yooformula
26. Bird of Prey (Firehawk)
27. The Body God
28. BLUZBUNNY
29. indyzmike
30. Peter 2001 SS
31. pwrtrip (1999 Trans Am)
32. BraemerZ28 (2000 NHRA Trans Am)
33. 79z28

Sexy83TA
05-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I'll be there, and so will my bf Jason who owns a 96 z28

T-Bag
05-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Ah man I wish it wasn't just fbodies, but have fun you guys! I witnessed the cruise a couple years ago when me and my friend were cruising around highway K (near holy hill). It was a cool site.

93RedDevilZ28
05-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Right now I'm a maybe.
I'm not sure yet if I'll be going to the SAE Formula competition in Pontiac, MI that weekend.

Knyghtmare
05-13-2004, 11:05 PM
I am doing my very best to have my car done by then, but I dont think its gonna happen. :( .....I need a hug

97z2801ss
05-13-2004, 11:17 PM
I wanna go!

need to get the bumper cover painted before then as there was a mishap with it but i hope it will be done for it!

02hawk796
05-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Knyghtmare and pewterstang: do you want to ride along? or are you going to be working on your cars? There are usually open seats available.

Heather: is Jason coming in yours, or each of you in their own car? Driving is the best part, and you should be in radio contact, anyhow.

Sexy83TA
05-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Heather: is Jason coming in yours, or each of you in their own car? Driving is the best part, and you should be in radio contact, anyhow.

No we're taking seperate cars. Neither of us would want to just tag along in the other persons car. We got these radio walkie talkie things we're taking along, thats what most people bring right?. Neither of us have been on one of these cruises so im excited.

02hawk796
05-14-2004, 09:55 AM
No we're taking seperate cars. Neither of us would want to just tag along in the other persons car. We got these radio walkie talkie things we're taking along, thats what most people bring right?.

Great plan, you'll both enjoy it. Some people here don't have f-bods, do you want passengers? The FRS radios are what are used, the channel might be listed on the protocol page. Hey, Damon - what's the channel we'll use?

Neither of us have been on one of these cruises so im excited.
Aww, man. The sexy lust kitten cruisers are gettin excited, my day is shot now. You have seen the warning stickers for F-Bodies that bras should not be worn in V8 powered cars because they restrict breathing too much, right?

Sexy83TA
05-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Great plan, you'll both enjoy it. Some people here don't have f-bods, do you want passengers??

If someone wanted to tag along I'd be willing to let people ride with me.

You have seen the warning stickers for F-Bodies that bras should not be worn in V8 powered cars because they restrict breathing too much, right?

Yeah I saw that in Toms car. Although suprisingly, I seemed to be able to breath just fine!

97z2801ss
05-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey ron if my cars not done can i ride with u? in the Vert

02hawk796
05-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey ron if my cars not done can i ride with u? in the Vert

Sure, but it's a WHOLE LOT more fun driving!!! You're just missing some bumper paint? Forget it, just come along and do that later. This isn't a show (although it might look like it when we park) - this is a DRIVING event!!! Nobody will care if you're missing some paint (as long as you don't lose any more paint along the Cruise). One guys has a smashed quarter panel (everybody promises to not take photos of dents/scratches.)

BAD LS1
05-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Hmmm... For the record the decal states this vehicle is equipped with a "5.7L LS1 V8 engine"... And its not just bras.. its tight-fitting or constrictive clothing should be removed for safety... :Hump

BAD LS1
05-14-2004, 01:12 PM

So what your saying is im going to ride along???

Yeah I saw that in Toms car. Although suprisingly, I seemed to be able to breath just fine!

Oh you got jokes eh???? :shades

Crawlin
05-14-2004, 02:16 PM
HEHEH :) :locked:

FiErO-5spd
05-14-2004, 02:20 PM
If anybody wants to take me I'd be willing to even ride in the back seat or anything as long as i could come. I'd also help chip in a lil for gas and crap ;)

P.S. is this considered a public event, or is it privately organized? and what really sucks, even though my car is SIMILAR to a firebird, it's a P-Body, not F :( :fire

DamonZ28
05-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey, Damon - what's the channel we'll use?

I'm not sure yet, depends on whether or not anyone has the 2-channel radios. If someone does, we'll use channel 12 (channel 2 on the 2-channels); if not, we'll use channel 4.

DamonZ28
05-14-2004, 02:27 PM
is this considered a public event

It's a public event, anyone with an f-body can attend. I keep it to f-bodies only, because we're probably going to have 40 or 50 cars already. Any more than that, and it gets really hard to keep everything organized.

Crawlin
05-14-2004, 05:24 PM
17. Will (2003 CE TA)

REALLY???

Chris

DamonZ28
05-14-2004, 06:54 PM
REALLY???

Actually, I don't know. What year are they supposed to be?

Yooformula
05-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Sign me up please Damon.

And for those not driving...its funny as hell for us drivers to see the looks on your faces as we drive!! I took Larry's son once and the look on his face was priceless msot of the time :wow :goof

SlowStee
05-15-2004, 01:32 AM
i would like to be signed up for this, unfortionately i dont think my radiator fix could take the heat for that long :loser

MitchMeister-
05-15-2004, 01:37 AM
Man, i really wanna go. Maybe i could see if i can get off ( i work 10-3) or maybe meet up w/you peeps when u get to the end.

And btw.. ive known heather for 6 years now.. and we have yet to race our t/a's.. (ima win heather ;) ). And if i lose.. i have soooo much to blame it on.. (bad clutch/engine/top/driver ;) )

Sexy83TA
05-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Man, i really wanna go. Maybe i could see if i can get off ( i work 10-3) or maybe meet up w/you peeps when u get to the end.

And btw.. ive known heather for 6 years now.. and we have yet to race our t/a's.. (ima win heather ;) ). And if i lose.. i have soooo much to blame it on.. (bad clutch/engine/top/driver ;) )

You always gotta talk **** Mitch? You have NO ****** idea of what I run. Actually, since Ive started Moding it this winter I dont even know what I can run. But still, is there a damn reason you have to say you can own me? And then even if you lose you'd just make damn excuses.

You know, I got my car when I was 18, and then like a matter of days after you pulled up with your firebird. Jealous of what i had?

My car may not be the fastest thing on the road by any means but look at the condition of my car vs either of yours. Mines worth twice as much as what you have in your driveway.

So bring it. I'll race you any day of the week, and if I win then I'll just walk away with a smile. And if i lose, i'd congratulate you and that'd be the end of it. No excuses of "why I lost."

Just tell me the time and place little man.

And if I do win, You gotta tell me how it feels to have lost to a girl!

Sexy83TA
05-15-2004, 12:31 PM

So what your saying is im going to ride along???

As if you'd want to. Take your car and ride behind me. :thumbsup

Oh you got jokes eh???? :shades

And no that wasnt a joke! Not at all! I fully believe that with the power that puppy holds, any tight fitting clothes, expecially a bra I could interfear with my breathing. People should obay that sticker, it might save some womens life someday if you break the sound barrier with a female passanger. :yawn:

BAD LS1
05-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah it just may break the sound barrier someday... :3gears:

But running these sand-bagging mid 11's sure isnt impressive enough for you i know :rolf

BIRD OF PREY
05-15-2004, 11:26 PM
I will try to make it. Sounds fun,
Dwayne

MitchMeister-
05-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Man, she sure gets uptight in a jiffy.. ;) I never was talkin ****.. i was just sayin we gotta line up some day. too bad this is all u'll see.. :3gears: :burnout

And technically.. the red bird is worth more. The sound system alone is worth about half both our cars. And give me a month and the t/a will be runnin low 13's and be worth a LOT more. I thank you..

SlowStee
05-16-2004, 01:26 PM
how bout i line up wit both a ya's.....bastages :banana

Sexy83TA
05-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Man, she sure gets uptight in a jiffy.. ;) I never was talkin ****.. i was just sayin we gotta line up some day. too bad this is all u'll see.. :3gears: :burnout

And technically.. the red bird is worth more. The sound system alone is worth about half both our cars. And give me a month and the t/a will be runnin low 13's and be worth a LOT more. I thank you..

Wow Congratulations Mitch, you have a sound system in your car thats worth more then the car itself. What a prize you got there. Im jealous I gotta say.

And I bet you'll have a 13 second car. Sure. Keep talking. Until I see a time slip I gotta call your bullshit right here. :bsflag

Abd btw, the red is a plain firebird. And the condition isnt nearly as nice as mine so ughhh yeah, mines worth more. I thank you...

MitchMeister-
05-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Well.. lets see. The plain firebird has full exhaust, intake, chip, shift kit and others.. so its not so plain. Albeit its a auto v6.. lol.
And i am an audiophile so having a $1500 sound system is cool to me. I never said anything about your car.. and you just came out saying that my cars are POS.I was just goofing around sayin the ima beat u. Whatever.. So..

AND BTW. i have a 4 bolt mains 350 Right now.. and does anyone happen to know paul pfaffle ? cause ya.. he's building my 13 second engine. Thanks.

(he has a 8.2 sec n/a chevy II) Super/pro .

Sexy83TA
05-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah it just may break the sound barrier someday... :3gears:

But running these sand-bagging mid 11's sure isnt impressive enough for you i know :rolf

Maybe its becuase you have a tiny ls1 in that thing. :rolf Youre just jealous of my 305 I got kickin'. :rockwoot:

Sexy83TA
05-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Well.. lets see. The plain firebird has full exhaust, intake, chip, shift kit and others.. so its not so plain. Albeit its a auto v6.. lol.
And i am an audiophile so having a $1500 sound system is cool to me. I never said anything about your car.. and you just came out saying that my cars are POS.I was just goofing around sayin the ima beat u. Whatever.. So..

AND BTW. i have a 4 bolt mains 350 Right now.. and does anyone happen to know paul pfaffle ? cause ya.. he's building my 13 second engine. Thanks.

(he has a 8.2 sec n/a chevy II) Super/pro .

This is such bullshit. This is the last post, I dont really give a fuck about whos car is better.

I just take such pride in my car and if anyone at all says anything negative about it, hell yeah my guards will go up and I'll defend it to the fullest.

I didnt say your cars were a pos. What I said was condition wise, I believe mine are better. I myself dont care one bit about a sound system, you wont see me going down the road with the music blasting so you can hear the bass way before you hear any exhaust or anything.

And until you have your engine in and you take it to the grove and prive its 13 seconds, you cant exactly advertise thats what you have.

So Mitch, I have nothing against you. In fact I dont even know you too well since havent hung out since you were 12. Dont take anything personally. I havent seen your cars run, my opinions come from what i saw in your driveway last week. And you havent seen my car up close and personal in 3 years. Unless the day comes where we do happen to line up next to eachother, this topic is over.

Wannarace62188
05-18-2004, 07:52 PM
why only f-bodys i wanted to go but i dont got a f-body that sucks man :mad:

97z2801ss
05-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Ill have the car back thurs n ready for sat!....

ware we meeting up:) Im going to bring the camera!!!!!!!!!!:)

DamonZ28
05-19-2004, 06:19 AM
ware we meeting up:) Im going to bring the camera!!!!!!!!!!:)

Check out the Route Directions on the website, there's a link to a map of the meeting location in Racine. It's at Hwy 20 and I-94.

DamonZ28
05-19-2004, 06:28 AM

I know it's not great for those without an f-body. But I have to keep the number of cars to a manageable level. We'll probably have 40-50 cars, with just f-body's. Any more than that, and it's too hard to keep everybody together.

Also, the event is primarily a Midwest F-Body Association and F-Body ChicagoLand mailing list event.

02hawk796
05-19-2004, 08:01 AM

The BCM Curises that have been offered and/or proposed have had no BCM attendance, or are discouraged before getting arranged. Apparently, only F-Body groups are willing to fund and/or sponsor a Cruise like this (well, actually, Vette clubs and Viper clubs do also), and their dues are paid by F-Body owners and no one esle. If BCM had a higher interest level in this type of event, there would be a BCM one that also included non-F-Bodies.

02hawk796
05-19-2004, 08:14 AM
If anybody wants to take me I'd be willing to even ride in the back seat or anything as long as i could come. I'd also help chip in a lil for gas and crap ;)

P.S. is this considered a public event, or is it privately organized? and what really sucks, even though my car is SIMILAR to a firebird, it's a P-Body, not F :( :fire

Sorry to be the bearer of obvious news, but I've driven Fieros and this is the 2nd F-body I've owned - and they are not similar.

I have some passenger seats open, I can take you if you're a non-smoker. Sounds like Tony has his Camaro to drive, so you'd probably get shotgun. I'd ask you to help out with duties such as navigation, note-taking, radio & phone communications, photography, etc. Are you in? If so, we'll meet at the Sat meeting point. Since the Mobil at Hwy 20 and I-94 (Exit#333) will be overwhelmed with F-bodies, could you please park at the Citgo across the street (north side of Hwy 20) - they have some truck parking in the back lot apparently, so you should be able to leave your car there - unless somebody is dropping you off. Be at Mobil by 8:30am. You can also bring your own camera or vidcam, too.

Sexy83TA
05-19-2004, 09:40 AM
I was asked to post on here if anyone wants to get together somplace and drive down to the meeting spot. Its not a far drive by any means but if anyone going lives in the Waukesha/Pewaukee/Delafield/Occonomowoc area and they want to meet up and head to Racine as a group let me know.

02hawk796
05-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Good idea.
I hadn't thought about the distance from there. Exit #333 would be about 45 miles from the Hwy 83 exit #287 (via 894).
Do you have a cell # to post, for others to call you Heather? I won't be out that way, but if you're planning on arriving 8:30 I might meet up at the Hale, about 8:15.
Also having your radios on (Ch 12) would be good, too.
Haven't seen pics of your car, Heather. What color is it, and Jason's?

97z2801ss
05-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Question How do i Get To Racine from Bkfield sqaurish area!

ramairvert
05-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I am in if I can sneak out of work :3gears:

Sexy83TA
05-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Good idea.
I hadn't thought about the distance from there. Exit #333 would be about 45 miles from the Hwy 83 exit #287 (via 894).
Do you have a cell # to post, for others to call you Heather? I won't be out that way, but if you're planning on arriving 8:30 I might meet up at the Hale, about 8:15.
Also having your radios on (Ch 12) would be good, too.
Haven't seen pics of your car, Heather. What color is it, and Jason's?

Having a mini caravan was an idea given to me by another member, so if anyones interested I suppose I could arrange a place and time if anyones interested. You could get ahold of me at 262-719-1274

Me and Jason will have our radios so that might be of help as well.

My car is a white '83 T/A and Jasons is a black '96 Z28 that looks like a SS due to the spoiler and hood. Im sure you can picture what both of those look like. Both me and Jason will probably have our cars together the whole time im sure so it wont be hard to spot. I've also been told its not hard to spot a blonde chick driving an f-body.

93RedDevilZ28
05-19-2004, 05:05 PM
We should all meet up at the Hales Corners park 'n ride as usual.

Sexy83TA
05-19-2004, 05:28 PM
We should all meet up at the Hales Corners park 'n ride as usual.

That'd be fine if a few of us want to meet up there. Just gotta plan a time to be out there.

93RedDevilZ28
05-19-2004, 08:58 PM
That'd be fine if a few of us want to meet up there. Just gotta plan a time to be out there.

Meet there at 7:30am and leave promptly at 7:45am?

97z2801ss
05-19-2004, 10:43 PM
IM in for Hales Corners!

02hawk796
05-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey Tony, if you or anybody else doesn't make the HC PnR, just get on I-94 and head towards the Airport, and just kepp going on I-94 until you get to Exit #333, which is Hwy 20 by Racine. Go to the Mobil station there at the Exit.
If anybody agrees on the gathering point, please post a seperate thread for it.

I am in if I can sneak out of work early :) 3rd shift sucks :(

Hey ramairvert, if you don't make it, not to worry. call me when you get off work, I'll arrange a spot for you to join us - I have a good spot for 9:30, and for 11:15am. What time do you get off, and where is that at? (what town, road, nearest highway)? Just be sure to read all of the Cruise Protocol at the website, and if possible bring your radio, set to Ch 12. You won't miss much, the starting point is where it's at for the Indiana and Illinois people to easily find.

MitchMeister-
05-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Well.. i really want to go.. but the slave cylinder just went on the POS t/a so i dunno know. i got my stereo installed and everything yesterday.. and now it wont drive.. lol. If i get it done i might make it.

Sexy83TA
05-20-2004, 11:49 AM
So is that going to be the plan? Metting at Hales Corner and leaving at 7:45?

Who'd all be interested in that idea?

Sexy83TA
05-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Well.. i really want to go.. but the slave cylinder just went on the POS t/a so i dunno know. i got my stereo installed and everything yesterday.. and now it wont drive.. lol. If i get it done i might make it.

If you really want to go just take the firebird.

97z2801ss
05-20-2004, 04:41 PM
IM in for hales corners, supposed to rain in the mornin sat thoe :guns1

DamonZ28
05-20-2004, 10:42 PM
The cruise will still go on, even if there is some scattered rain in the forecast. More than likely, we won't see much of it.