PDA

View Full Version : Garage Furnace $100

awsomeears
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Sold !!!

chargedformula
12-12-2009, 12:05 PM
hmm, i should get that for my house. it looks to be a bit newer than mine.

awsomeears
12-12-2009, 12:09 PM
hmm, i should get that for my house. it looks to be a bit newer than mine.

Wow I would never think a used 17 year old furnace would be considered for a home retro-fit.

How old is your Junk :D

chargedformula
12-12-2009, 12:15 PM
i have no idea but it is olive green. its a carrier model 58es080-3, series 304

Lash
12-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow...lol. Olive green is like 1970's. Thats actually impressive.

awsomeears
12-12-2009, 12:29 PM
i have no idea but it is olive green. its a carrier model 58es080-3, series 304

Dude replace that Junk !!!

I don't care how well it runs :rolf

That unit is about 65% efficient and there are Tax credits out now for 95% High Efficient. New furnaces are not as much as you might think after what you get back in Returns, NO JOKE !!!

PM me with questions !!!

I hope you have CO detectors in your home :durr

jbiscuit
12-12-2009, 01:26 PM
take advantage of the tax credit, its worth it. Tough to write the check up front but man its nice having a 95% unit in the house now. Nice and toasty. Money well spent. Look into Lennox units. They were offering rebates and the state has a "Focus on Energy" rebate going right now too.

easytoremember
12-12-2009, 01:40 PM
hmmm any links to that energy credit?

id love to get some high eff units for the shop

Holeshot
12-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Brad any chance it could be hung? No floor room in my garage.

Yooformula
12-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Brad, can you do the install too?

jbiscuit
12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
hmmm any links to that energy credit?

id love to get some high eff units for the shop

http://www.focusonenergy.com/Incentives/Residential/Cash-Back_Rewards/Efficient_Heating_Cooling/

Korndogg
12-12-2009, 05:12 PM
hydronic ftw...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/korndogg03/dca9cfbd.gif

Car Guy
12-12-2009, 05:38 PM
hydroponic ftw...

:thumbsup

awsomeears
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd stay away from Lennox personally, not saying there junk J biscut but from a Installer/Tech point of view I think there are better units out there.

You are right on the cost tho, its cheap to get a furnace installed. Hell some of the furnaces that were installed in the early 90's were around $2200 - $2600

After all the rebates and credits in 09' as I type the furnaces are the same if not cheaper.

Deals Deals Deals for sure !!!

Brad, can you do the install too?

Personally No !! new installs will be through my work with a Full 10yr Part and Labor warranty.... you can't get the Tax credit unless a shop installs it. Plus having new furnaces installed on the side for me is over, I have learned the customer gets screwed because there is no warranty :stare

Brad any chance it could be hung? No floor room in my garage.

I believe it can be hung horizontal in the air but a gas line, power and 4" B-vent would need to be installed. Getting gas to the unit is the biggest pain because of distance or location. I mean anything can be done and I can do it, it just costs a bit more........

When I purchase my 1st home I'm sticking the same furnace in my garage, we take these models out ALL the time. Customer just wants a 95% so they ditch the 80%

For a garage 80% is perfect and wouldn't put anything else in :headbang

0TransAm0
12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
i will take it... if you come install it :thumbsup but its gotta be hung up in the corner..

lasttimearound
12-12-2009, 11:05 PM
how hard would it be to install?

awsomeears
12-13-2009, 01:24 AM
several hundreds of dollars....

:)

lotsals1
12-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Average cost on a furnace for jobbers ,96% is about 700$-800 if you know some hvac guys.
carrier/bryant are the hardest i.m.o. to repair and the electronics seem to crap out alot.
There are "off brands that are good units,Dupage ect.
They are easy to repair as well.

jbiscuit
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I'd stay away from Lennox personally, not saying there junk J biscut but from a Installer/Tech point of view I think there are better units out there.

everyone is entitled to their opinion :thumbsup I replaced my 27 year old Lennox with a 95% efficent Lennox unit and the 27 year old guy was still running strong and blowing hard. Just not efficient enough anymore. My dad has had 3 Lennox units also. Been great. Great warranty, great rebates. Win win if you ask me. But if you like Carrier units, go for it. Great machines also but $$$$

awsomeears
12-13-2009, 06:12 PM
everyone is entitled to their opinion :thumbsup I replaced my 27 year old Lennox with a 95% efficent Lennox unit and the 27 year old guy was still running strong and blowing hard. Just not efficient enough anymore. My dad has had 3 Lennox units also. Been great. Great warranty, great rebates. Win win if you ask me. But if you like Carrier units, go for it. Great machines also but $$$$

Carrier/Bryants are POS hands down !!!

Lennox is 4th inline for Quality furnace, and there are about 12 total makes so as you can see by no means do I think they are junk :D

Honestly its about how they were installed, with these new furnaces you should/need to use Curved Return Boots mated with a 4" filter rack. 1" filters are a thing of the past and should never be used !!! Unless you use a 24volt Dynamic as those clean the air well and are not that restrictive :thumbsup

If not you WILL ohh and I promise this, burn out the DC variable speed motors within 5 to 10 years. Hell Ive seen 2 years :stare

Biscut why didn't you PM me about a new system ? You know I do this for a living.... and I don't mean that as in you got screwed by somebody else just asking more or less :)

jbiscuit
12-13-2009, 08:04 PM
^ nothing personal but I just assumed you were doing installs on the side for BCM members and couldn't risk a warranty issue to save a couple bucks

awsomeears
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
^ nothing personal but I just assumed you were doing installs on the side for BCM members and couldn't risk a warranty issue to save a couple bucks

Biscuit you are 100% right this is why I'm no longer installing furnaces on the side :thumbsup but for anyone I'll tune-up and fix units 24/7 for BCM guys/gals.....

Since I have been doing more and more service I realize that there WILL be warranty issues for side jobs, just like a car paper work has to be filled out who owns the car and such and such.

You sir did your home work :thumbsup

For now on if anyone I know needs a unit my work will do it, I can knock a few hundred off because its my lead and it comes with a full 10 year parts and labor warranty. Can't beat that :headbang