PDA

View Full Version : Had Allignment done: Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc is the sh*t!!

JR HAWK 9
05-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks goes out to the guys that recommended this place! They are a top notch place and the guy they have doing the allignments is very easy to talk to and will answer any questions you have.

He spend an hour tweaking my allignment with me standing right there. I am VERY happy with the service they provide. I know where I will be taking all of my cars for an allignment from now on :-)

thanks again!
Paul

88camaro
05-12-2004, 10:50 AM
cool im glad your happy with your service. i hope he around for long time, need more shops like that.

jbiscuit
05-12-2004, 01:05 PM
glad to hear it went well....thats a great shop and yes they treat the customer right

A B4C Z
05-12-2004, 09:44 PM
They have some of the best prices to....my friends looking at a set of tires rims lug nuts align and balance...cheapest place by at least $50.00+ on the combo.

Yooformula
05-12-2004, 10:16 PM
What do they charge for an alignment? Can they align properly with 17" aluminum wheels too?

SLOWC5
05-12-2004, 10:23 PM
they have always charged me 62 or 66 dollars for a 4 wheel align. great price and great service, I wont be going anywhere else...

They aligned my GTP with 18's without problems, moved the cradle to make the car right. they seem to know what they are doing

JEFF

Yooformula
05-12-2004, 10:25 PM
SOLD! Thanks Jeff :thumbsup Time to get my alignment done RIGHT this time.

02hawk796
05-13-2004, 02:24 AM
This sounds like the kind of place BCM should associate with more often. Even a small sponsorship from them should get their info on BCM event flyers. Working with quality businesses always works well.

JR HAWK 9
05-13-2004, 06:58 AM
What do they charge for an alignment? Can they align properly with 17" aluminum wheels too?

They charged me $63.01 to have it done.

Also, it doesn't matter what size rims/tires you have on the car at the time, as you are setting angles of your steering axis (caster and camber). All the angles and measurements will be the same no matter if you are running 15" rims or 19" rims. I had the allignment done with my crappy 16" rims (didn't really know what had to be attached to the rim and didn't want to take the chance at something scratching my good rims, but after seeing what is done nobody has to worry about that). I mentioned to him that I have a set of 18's that will be going on and he told me that it doesn't matter. If you think about it, it makes sense....otherwise you would have to get an allignment done everytime you switch rimsizes, which we all know isn't the case.

Paul

88camaro
05-13-2004, 09:31 AM
i know they like to sponsor autocross event.

Yooformula
05-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the additional info Paul for those of us in need. I was more worried about damaging the rims since it wouldnt be the first time. :fire

JR HAWK 9
05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
ah, yes, I totally understand that....that's why I bolted on my crappy rims to have it done :)

Thanks for the additional info Paul for those of us in need. I was more worried about damaging the rims since it wouldnt be the first time. :fire

jon_we4
05-13-2004, 04:51 PM
I wonder if Justin still works there.... I worked with his wife a few years ago. My buddy works in Occonomowac.... crazy place, dont ever speed.