PDA

View Full Version : Bored Dealership Tech

86GUTLASS
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Its 10:00am have not touched a car yet today.No work,They wont let us go home:( Flate rate no work=no pay,

Anybody else work at a dealership or shop? busy today?

Irish
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM

johnny--2k
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
im at a dealership, just busy helping with the lot, and trying to get deals approved with ford credit :(

SSLEVO
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Its 10:00am have not touched a car yet today.No work,They wont let us go home:( Flate rate no work=no pay,

Wow, you really get the shaft on that. Is that how it usually works at dealer shops? Don't they have to pay you minumum wage at least when you have no work?

88Nightmare
12-09-2009, 10:40 AM
im at a dealership, just busy helping with the lot, and trying to get deals approved with ford credit :(

is ford getting tough for approvals too? I know GMAC made their approving damn near water tight

Daytonapacecar959
12-09-2009, 10:42 AM
So far i've replacea pair of headlight bulbs,replaced a set of wiper blades and programmed a set of key fobs.Makin big money here.

brotherbenn83
12-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't they have to pay you minumum wage at least when you have no work?
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :rolf

I made $12 on a 8 hour shift on a snowy Friday last year. You just gotta take the bad with the good. And people think auto mechanics are overpaid con men.

animal
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe you guys could start sending out emails like this one I got from a boucher dealership the other night

Hi Dave,

The reason for this email is because I have a customer looking for a very similar to yours.

After searching our database, your vehicle showed up. So, I was wondering if you would be interested in selling it to us. If not, no problem, but my manager is willing to pay above book values (less reconditioning of course). If you no longer have the , let me know so I can update your data.

If you need to replace your , I can help you with that too (but isn't necessary).

Please let me know as soon as you can, as my customer would like to purchase before the Christmas holiday.

Thank you and Happy Hollidays!!!

It's the reason I won't ever shop at a boucher dealership again.

brotherbenn83
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I came in 2 hours late and double-checked a car I fixed yesterday. Other than that haven't even seen an LOF yet.

86GUTLASS
12-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Just got my first job,Lof and shimmy lol

MoCkiN U
12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
animal,

I missed it dude. what upset you about that email? And no I dont work there and never have just curious

johnny--2k
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
is ford getting tough for approvals too? I know GMAC made their approving damn near water tight

No, not really. This is a deal for a business on a f250 with a plow and they dont want to put any money down. business is fairly new, cosigner is weak, and not well established.

animal
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
animal,

I missed it dude. what upset you about that email? And no I dont work there and never have just curious

Maybe that it was a form email targeting suckas... and they didn't even have the decency to check to see if it had a make of car in there. No, instead they just sent that shit out. Kindof insulting my intelligence I guess to send me stupid shit like that and think I want to take my car to them to buy so I can bend over... let alone the "story" about how someone wants my car but they have no fucking clue what car i even have.

Any place that sends me shit like that can fucking get bent. I sent a nice reply. Lol

MoCkiN U
12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh, crap.

I thought you removed the car type for privacy. I didnt realize thats the exact message you got. Thats retarded for sure.

88Nightmare
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Don't feel so bad. They sent me a paper letter in the mail that was EXACTLY the same. Just no car type filled in. I should go bring em my 1990 Ford Ranger. I hear someone is looking for it :D

animal
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh, crap.

I thought you removed the car type for privacy. I didnt realize thats the exact message you got. Thats retarded for sure.

Fucking werd... definately retarded my reply was good too as i'm sure you can imagine.

Philly-O
12-09-2009, 04:32 PM
i've been playing mr. mom the past two days since there isn't anything going on at our shop this week. good thing is that i am getting caught up on my "honey-do" list but at the same time not making any money sucks. i understand that you have to take the good with the bad, but i would rather take just the good.

lordairgtar
12-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Fucking werd... definately retarded my reply was good too as i'm sure you can imagine.
Oh, do tell us the reply.

SLOWC5
12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
i've been playing mr. mom the past two days since there isn't anything going on at our shop this week. good thing is that i am getting caught up on my "honey-do" list but at the same time not making any money sucks. i understand that you have to take the good with the bad, but i would rather take just the good.

I got a 66 vette vert that needs a stereo installed, I talked to Andy a little about it when I saw him out. I should get him out to look at it and get an estimate going so you can be busy:thumbsup

JEFF

Russ Jerome
12-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I've been working 10hr days, hourly wage. I've got trucks on the floor that need my skillsets but when the boss' are away or snowed in like today Im the foreman/service writter and look out the window at my unfinished trucks....and I got up and plowed at 3am this morning....leaving to go diag a side job in 40 minutes...need sleep!

Coops Brother
12-09-2009, 07:05 PM

The dealer have the tech's by the balls. They don't pay you to stand around, won't let you bring in your own stuff to work on, unless you have an RO on it and then they 'spect ya to pay yourself to work on it. WTF?
I used to stand around for 6 hrs a day, and book 3 hrs. sometimes I'd stand around on a 12 hour day for 10 hrs and book 3. They won't let you go home early, because there might be a hugh flood of work to come thru the doors, BS. Dealers screw the employees period:flipoff2:.

SSLEVO
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
So you can make nothing in a day, what do you bring home on a good day?

Reverend Cooper
12-09-2009, 08:31 PM
we were fairly slow,but did lots of work on the little cars we had,the guys were all happy they came in for once

Russ Jerome
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
The only times I ever heard the word "flat rat" was just before I walked out of an interview or heard an perspective employer say it over the phone...just before I hung up.

Just say no to flat rate unless they can gaurantee a weekly minimum. If your work ethic and quality is there your next employer will call "you" for a job and pay your hourly wage very well.

eyeball
12-09-2009, 09:15 PM
The only times I ever heard the word "flat rat" was just before I walked out of an interview or heard an perspective employer say it over the phone...just before I hung up.

Just say no to flat rate unless they can gaurantee a weekly minimum. If your work ethic and quality is there your next employer will call "you" for a job and pay your hourly wage very well.

This is why Russ Jerome negotiated my last three jobs and my last two vehicle purchases.

brotherbenn83
12-10-2009, 07:52 AM
So you can make nothing in a day, what do you bring home on a good day?

Booking 14 hours on a 4 hour Saturday morning shift USED to be not an unusual occurrence.

Plum Crazy
12-10-2009, 09:12 AM
we didnt get much snow in Kenosha, so we were still busy. I went in to finish up a used car (im off wed and thurs) and ended up doing a brake job i sold previously and a remote start, the used car took me 20 min to finish up, the brake job was about 20 min, the remote start was 45 min and i booked 6.4 hrs.

SSLEVO
12-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Booking 14 hours on a 4 hour Saturday morning shift USED to be not an unusual occurrence.

OK, so how much money does that make you?

I assume you get paid for 14 hours when it really only took you 4?

Plum Crazy
12-10-2009, 09:38 AM
OK, so how much money does that make you?

I assume you get paid for 14 hours when it really only took you 4?

correct, thats how flat rate works. I make 19.80/hr, but at our dealership, the more hrs you book, the more you make per hr. We also have a guarantee, so if i work 40 hrs, im guaranteed to get paid for 30 hrs, regardless of work, but we can only use guarantee 30 weeks max a year.