PDA

View Full Version : AT&T U verse

88Nightmare
12-08-2009, 09:38 PM
so how are people liking UVERSE? I'm looking at getting the bundle with tv, internet, and phone service. How good is the internet service? I was looking at the 6mb or 12mb service. And is the tv service good?

Goat Roper
12-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Forget the phone service, use Vonage. As far as the TV and Internet, you just cannot beat it. It has never had an outage in the 3 years I have had it.

Yooformula
12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
how much cheaper is the vonage? I love my uverse but the bill is killing me right now. Luckily they dont wrap you in a contract so if a good deall comes out from twc I may switch again but so far I love the tv service!

95mustang302
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I love my uverse, but I'm pissed right now because I never received notice regarding the cash back and missed out on the rebate...

88Nightmare
12-08-2009, 10:27 PM
so uverse doesn't do contracts? we already have at&t home phone service though. I suppose we could drop it all together.

Yooformula
12-08-2009, 10:32 PM
so uverse doesn't do contracts? we already have at&t home phone service though. I suppose we could drop it all together.

I am almost positive we dont have a contract. I know the door to door salesguy said there was none but we ended up signing up a different way.

Goat Roper
12-08-2009, 10:41 PM
No contract that I am aware of, we do not have one at all.

As far as Vonage I want to say that we are paying $25 a month but they do have a cheaper plan. Whenever I have asked people about the uverse phone I was told to avoid it, straight from people at AT&T

88Nightmare
12-08-2009, 10:45 PM
my regular landline at&t phone service has been perfect, but we almost never use it... we all have cell phones....

03CVLX
12-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Well, I don't know the root cause but we have lots of trouble with Vonage when we get 911 calls via that service. Garbled voices, incorrect addresses coming up on the screen. However I also read you as the subscriber are required to fill all that info in so it shows up right for us. I don't know what to think of Vonage and the other VOIP phone services.

As far as Uverse goes, we had it but went back to Time Warner because the bill ended up being alot higher. Plus my parents were just used to Time Warner so it was just easier all around.

Philly-O
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
love u-verse so far, the only problem i have had so far is that i needed to reset 2 of my boxes once each and my wireless ocasionally needs to get reconnected.

Karps TA
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I wish they'd get Uverse out by me. I'd pay the fee to get out of my direct tv service in a heartbeat.

Got Boost
12-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I like my U-Verse some issues at start up.. Otherwise the pic quality is better than TWC.. I have the 6MB Internet package and when I speed test its really close to the 6MB DL and 1MB UL .. So fot that Im happy .. And for a landline I have the T-Mobile home phone 10dollars a month