PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin to play in Champs Sports Bowl

flyin_blue_egg
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Well I watched the Big 10 version of the selection show and was faily disapointed to see the Badgers didn't get a Jan. 1 bowl game. The thing that gets me even more is that Northwestern got the Outback bowl that many thought WI would get.

moels
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Well I watched the Big 10 version of the selection show and was faily disapointed to see the Badgers didn't get a Jan. 1 bowl game. The thing that gets me even more is that Northwestern got the Outback bowl that many thought WI would get.

Well, I guess the Badgers shouldn't have lost to Northwestern then hey? :goof

PB86MCSS
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, as stated above Northwestern beat them and had at least as good of a year so they don't deserve it. I'd rather see them face Miami than Auburn anyway, just to mix it up. Although I think it's been a few years since they played Auburn, IIRC.

Karps TA
12-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't see that Bowl game ending well for Wisconsin. They'll need to seriously play out of their minds that day to beat Miami.

flyin_blue_egg
12-07-2009, 09:44 AM
I guess my point is the fact that NW isn't even ranked and is playing in a "better" bowl then UW

VroomPshhTsi
12-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah this is NOT a good bowl game for UW. Could be a lot like last year's bowl game against FSU where we got dominated. We are too slow. I don't think it will be as ugly as last year, but I don't see us winning this.

I'd much rather face Auburn. Auburn is a good team (took Bama down to the wire) but I think we match up better against them than Miami.

Also the BCS selection sucks ass. Instead of 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8.... they swapped out Cincy and Florida so TCU and Boise State play each other. BCS does not want to see a non-BCS conference team beat up one of their powerhouses (just like Utah did to Bama last year). This game proves nothing, small schools are trying to show they can matchup against bigger schools. Having two undefeated small schools play each other proves NOTHING.

Just another year that will help the push for a playoff. There are going to be either 2 or 3 undefeated teams at the end of the year.

flyin_blue_egg
12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
The reason they matched BSU against TCU is simple. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THEM. A lot of us know that most good teams actually pay crappy teams to come to their houses and play them (sometimes millions). I heard on ESPN that Bosie actually approached USC etc. and actually offered to play them in So. Cal and PAY USC. USC declined bc they knew they'd get beat. That's the problem with college football. The good non-BCS conf. teams never get the chance to play good teams, which is why you'll never see one play for the national championship.

Karps TA
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
The whole BCS thing is such a fraud. And it will never change in our lifetime. Just too much money being exchanged behind the scenes for them to care. Matter of fact all the debate is just free advertising for them and keeps it in the headlines.

Colleges are run by the good old boys network. And they aren't going to let those smaller schools in ever. Ideally the best thing people could do is watch that TCU/BSU game more then the other BCS games. Make that the highest rated game to show the powers that be that people care.

VroomPshhTsi
12-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Very true about Boise State and other teams. About a month ago they offered to play ANYONE, ANYWHERE WITHOUT the opposing team having to play Boise State in Boise. This was the big part of the clause because teams offer home-home series all the time, but Boise simply said they will play at anyone's stadium and no one took the offer.

It's a miracle even games like Ohio State-USC get scheduled during the regular season.