PDA

View Full Version : 911 operator tells homeowner it's Ok to shoot

pashtrd
12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Found this on another forum:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m31ZpQVILRk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m31ZpQVILRk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ricky Bobby
12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
wow thats crazy why didnt she just run out the front if its a old guy or something

*SNOOP*
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
wow thats crazy why didnt she just run out the front if its a old guy or something

Fvck that ^ The moment he broke the door/window and walked in the house..... May god help him. Who knows what he would do.

Car Guy
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
WOW, laws must be different down in OK.....:stare

*SNOOP*
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
WOW, laws must be different down in OK.....:stare

You could do the same here. As long as........

a. He forced entry.

b. You feared for your life.

SLOWC5
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM

a. He forced entry.

Perfect:thumbsup

0TransAm0
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM

a. He forced entry.

its true. just make sure they don't get out of your house and make sure you dont wound the person.. kill them. and just keep telling the cops you feared for your life and they can't do anything to you..

animal
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
just make sure they don't get out of your house and make sure you dont wound the person.. kill them.

+1.

Fucking werd. I would never shoot to wound. Make sure there's one story, yours.

Ricky Bobby
12-06-2009, 08:24 PM
i guess ur right snoop

DoubleAron
12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow that chick was calm, some freak was about to break in!

BR3W CITY
12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
that woman really didn't want to discharge her gun.....i can't say i would have to think twice if someone was breaking in.

Reverend Cooper
12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
and believe me i dont car it its Naolean Dynamite breaking in my house,I'm scared for my life,Napolean meet the judge.

Silver350
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
that woman really didn't want to discharge her gun.....i can't say i would have to think twice if someone was breaking in.

Probably because she was scared what would happen to her if she did.

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah just don't shoot him in the back or you're FUCKED.

Crawlin
12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
The difference in WI is even if what Snoop said applied, in OK you'd be congratulated and looked at like a hero and people would make sure you are ok.

In WI, you'd be looked at as bad, gun-nut loving NRA member, who now has to spend $50,000 on a lawyer to help the jury REALIZE it was self defense(someone breaking into your home) JUST to keep you out of jail.

flyin_blue_egg
12-06-2009, 09:43 PM
its true. just make sure they don't get out of your house and make sure you dont wound the person.. kill them. and just keep telling the cops you feared for your life and they can't do anything to you..

actually they can....if you could have gotten out through say a back door, but you decided to go out the front door which lead you towards the crinimal then you can be charged. Fearing for your life isn't the only thing, it must also be a last resort.

1997 Trans-Am
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
crazy video.

xwing
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Anyone smashing their way into MY house intends to kill me. That is my opinion. Throwing oneself on the "mercy" of a demonstrably felonious criminal actively invading your own private home is life-threateningly foolish.
Those who are "free" but either unwilling, or unable, to defend their freedom and life...are not truly "free", but are only "temporarily fortunate".

lordairgtar
12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I went reading some of the news accounts and it seems the guy wrecked his truck and went banging on her door. He was drunk and the deputy found the truck with his drunken sister inside. Damn! I smell a lawsuit from this one. Maybe they have that "he needed killin', officer" defense.

70 cutlass 442
12-07-2009, 01:39 AM
so did this guy live?

BR3W CITY
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I went reading some of the news accounts and it seems the guy wrecked his truck and went banging on her door. He was drunk and the deputy found the truck with his drunken sister inside. Damn! I smell a lawsuit from this one. Maybe they have that "he needed killin', officer" defense.

Does it matter if he was drunk? I mean, knocking on the door is one thing, but when he forced entry into the home im pretty sure his intoxication wouldn't matter.

animal
12-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah just don't shoot him in the back or you're FUCKED.

What if he's running at you with a knife backwards? :goof

Irish
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM

*SNOOP*
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
It doesn't matter if he was drunk/high, car wreck or whatever. What matters is that he forced entry on a home with the owner inside.

HOME INVASION= Taking a chance with your life to me.

T-Bag
12-07-2009, 04:19 PM
It doesn't matter if he was drunk/high, car wreck or whatever. What matters is that he forced entry on a home with the owner inside.

HOME INVASION= Taking a chance with your life to me.

I think most everyone here can agree to your principles, but Johnny Law will still have a fit and make an example of you because of how liberal our state is. Guarantee you'll have to lawyer the fuck up...but to make it easier...just make sure the dude is DEAD, but then his/her family can still sue you in a civil case. You know what? Fuck it, take his license, go find his , drag em to your house then kill them too! Family armed robbery.

:rolf

4eyedstang
12-07-2009, 05:50 PM
i think what she did was dead wrong. don't get me wrong I'm all for gun and property rights, but she should of confronted him.
if he was banging on the back door and she was armed with a shotgun she could have walked out the front door and approached him at a safe distance to see what was going on.

imagine if you were the one that flipped your car and your wife and/or children where trap in it, no phone,and only one house nearby and in your understandably panicked state no one answered the door.would you try to force entry to get to a phone to save your family?

T-Bag
12-07-2009, 06:10 PM
i think what she did was dead wrong. don't get me wrong I'm all for gun and property rights, but she should of confronted him.
if he was banging on the back door and she was armed with a shotgun she could have walked out the front door and approached him at a safe distance to see what was going on.

imagine if you were the one that flipped your car and your wife and/or children where trap in it, no phone,and only one house nearby and in your understandably panicked state no one answered the door.would you try to force entry to get to a phone to save your family?

I guess the guy was going crazy and making no sense...obviously a dude who flipped his lid. Why risk it?

Now if it was someone banging on my door pleaing to use a phone or something...then I might help out...but still with shotgun in hand :rolf

4eyedstang
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I guess the guy was going crazy and making no sense...obviously a dude who flipped his lid. Why risk it?

Now if it was someone banging on my door pleaing to use a phone or something...then I might help out...but still with shotgun in hand :rolf

i guess you kind of missed my point.if you just flipped you car and a loved one was trapped inside clinging to life you would probably be a little freaked out and possibly perceived to be "going crazy and making no sense" she was armed and could have dealt with him if he was a true threat if she would have confronted him

Turbo-Triumph
12-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Wow!

i hope she did NOT get in any troubly for this. DEFFINITLY in her rights to blow a hole in 'em, IMO.

on a side note about WI laws; if 1 FINGER is outside or touching a door/window to the house, it is considered MURDER not self defense.

step 1: fear for life
step 2: aim for center of mass, FRONT of person, keep pulling trigger until movement at you stops-
any further shooting ( 1 to-da dome ) is considered murder

Turbo-Triumph
12-07-2009, 06:29 PM
^^its kinda hard to claim 'self deffense' if you empied 3 clips, and 2/3's of the holes point directly down as if you were standing over him unloading/reloading/unloading/reloading

VroomPshhTsi
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
It's a shotgun, threaten him first, then shoot at his legs... then if he somehow is still coming at you, finish him. I don't see why she immediately went for the kill. I never heard her warn the man to leave or she will fire.

fivonut
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
i guess you kind of missed my point.if you just flipped you car and a loved one was trapped inside clinging to life you would probably be a little freaked out and possibly perceived to be "going crazy and making no sense" she was armed and could have dealt with him if he was a true threat if she would have confronted him

Now that you know that people have been shot and killed for doing that, would you freak out and go banging on doors after flipping a car??

Ricky Bobby
12-07-2009, 07:22 PM
It's a shotgun, threaten him first, then shoot at his legs... then if he somehow is still coming at you, finish him. I don't see why she immediately went for the kill. I never heard her warn the man to leave or she will fire.

exactly what i was thinking

MurphysLaw88GT
12-07-2009, 07:22 PM

shooting to wound is a good way to go to prison for a dirtbag. all or nothing

fivonut
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow!

i hope she did NOT get in any troubly for this. DEFFINITLY in her rights to blow a hole in 'em, IMO.

on a side note about WI laws; if 1 FINGER is outside or touching a door/window to the house, it is considered MURDER not self defense.

step 1: fear for life
step 2: aim for center of mass, FRONT of person, keep pulling trigger until movement at you stops-
any further shooting ( 1 to-da dome ) is considered murder

I believe that there is no castle doctrine in WI. Which means you basically have expect that you are going to die if you don't kill the other person. I'd think a person entering your home without a weapon is NOT life threatening, unless he or she picks one up after entering.

Al
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM

I would at least be yelling "HELP HELP, CALL THE POLICE" as I banged on the door.

BR3W CITY
12-08-2009, 08:45 AM

wait, so if they are inside your fence/on your obvoius property wielding a weapon/threatening etc, you have to wait for them to break in before you shoot? ugh this state makes me sad.

animal
12-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Seems like she could've also fired a warning shot through a window or something first. Any sane reasonable thief ain't gonna hang around after that. If he was insane or unreasonable then getting shot was the only thing that'd stop him anyways. Even turn on the lights and let the guy look down the barrel and make his choice. I think it's fucking awesome that she sounded old and had a big ole shotgun just like grannies in the movies. The 911 operator sure didn't offer many alternatives. Heh. Alas, while these alternatives all existed... I like seeing bad guys getting shot and killed.

gottwins?
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Seems like she could've also fired a warning shot through a window or something first. Any sane reasonable thief ain't gonna hang around after that. If he was insane or unreasonable then getting shot was the only thing that'd stop him anyways. Even turn on the lights and let the guy look down the barrel and make his choice. I think it's fucking awesome that she sounded old and had a big ole shotgun just like grannies in the movies. The 911 operator sure didn't offer many alternatives. Heh. Alas, while these alternatives all existed... I like seeing bad guys getting shot and killed.

I agree with most of this, you have to at least give an alternative...like others said, shoot a round, tell him your going to blow his fucking face off he doesn't get off your porch..something. This country as a whole is so paranoid sometimes it actually would make me scared to go to someones house and ask for help!

This kind of reminds me of that scene in "the happening" where those hillbillies blow that kids face off for asking for help. :loser

Turbo-Triumph
12-08-2009, 04:19 PM
wait, so if they are inside your fence/on your obvoius property wielding a weapon/threatening etc, you have to wait for them to break in before you shoot? ugh this state makes me sad.

if you shoot someone in your yard, might as well kiss your familylife goodbye.

I agree with the fact she deffinitly could have said/done something to warn this guy, but who knows what actually happened prior to her pullin the trigger. he might have been running at her with his arms up ready to brawl.

I would DEFFINITLY break into anyones home, if i need a phone to save my/family/friends life.

BUT, i would DEFFINITLY be yelling "Help i need a phone call 911!!" the entire time.

to say this man meant no harm is assinine. you could hear him yelling/screaming over the phone even before he was inside the home.

if this lady didnt have a gun, the 911 operator would have heard something much more dramatic... someone getting bludgened to death by a raged alcoholic.

^this is why marijuana should be legal, not alcohol.

Not that i smoke, i never would, but i personnally never broke into anyones home after a fatty bong rip.

fivonut
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
If you don't intend on killing the intruder then you have no business pulling the trigger. Anything less than a shot to center mass will land you in prison for manslaughter at the least, not to mention setting back years and years of efforts to increase awareness of responsible gun ownership and the freedom to defend yourself in this state. I don't want you pussies fuckin it up for me because your a coward. If you want to give a warning then you yell, "I HAVE A GUN AND I WILL SHOOT!!". If that doesn't stop the intruder and you're 100% certain your life will end, you put a bullet (or shot) in the intruder's chest!!

Waver
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
ah but she was TOLD to shoot by the 911 dispatcher. The dispatcher TOLD her that it was all right to shoot, and that she was justified. Case closed.......

VroomPshhTsi
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Unless you have the stupidest lawyer ever, I don't see it being hard to justify shooting someone in anywhere besides the chest to stop them from killing you IN YOUR OWN HOME.

How can you get less punishment for killing someone than a non-lethal gun wound? :confused

Silver350
12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I cannot wait till December 19 I am taking a training course thru www.PPA-WI.com hopefully I can bring some answers back to you

pjturkey
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I hate the fact that you would get in trouble for shooting an unarmed home invader. Who cares if he has a weapon or not? Maybe the politicians should realize that the more of these useless pieces of shit get killed, the less of them will be out there. I am also a huge fan of meidieval forms of punnishment.

fivonut
12-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Unless you have the stupidest lawyer ever, I don't see it being hard to justify shooting someone in anywhere besides the chest to stop them from killing you IN YOUR OWN HOME.

How can you get less punishment for killing someone than a non-lethal gun wound? :confused

If you're not shooting to kill then your life is NOT in danger. This is the prosecutions reasoning. If your life is not in danger then it's not appropriate use of force and you will spend a significant amount of time in prison and the anti-gun media will make an example of you.

Turbo-Triumph
12-09-2009, 04:13 PM
. I am also a huge fan of meidieval forms of punnishment.

x2 !