PDA

View Full Version : Kickass rewards for Landmark checking users..

Yooformula
12-05-2009, 07:18 PM
If you have a Landmark checking account and use your debit cards for basically anything, you get points that they tally and let you get gifts with. Well we've had our account for 3-4 years and I never bothered to pay any attention to the REWARDS letter that would come in every quarter until recently. I finally redeemed our rewards and got an RCA dual screen portable dvd player and a $50 Best Buy gift card! There are so many damm things to chose from too but if you are a Landmark cu user, check over that damm letter and look up the rewards online to see what you may qualify for!:thumbsup

05caddyext
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Only kicker... You had to get your account changed to a rewards account. Not every Landmark CU member with a debit card gets these points, you had to actually sign up for the rewards card, even if you already had a debit card.

Yooformula
12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
ahhhh, I didnt know that! I didnt even know we had signed up our account that way in the beginning. I have been rolling points over for the past several years..lol Well if they let you change it over, I would. Free shit for using the card like you normally would anyway!

pashtrd
12-06-2009, 12:25 AM
national city has the same thing

Yooformula
12-06-2009, 12:29 AM
national city has the same thing

have you used the points at all? I really thought it was some bs scam to get you to buy some more shit but I was wrong.:shades

94greenbandit
12-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah we have that but haven't redeemed it for anything else. I look once every six months at my points to see what rewards might be available

pashtrd
12-06-2009, 09:26 AM
have you used the points at all? I really thought it was some bs scam to get you to buy some more shit but I was wrong.:shades

I have used them. I normally just get the gas cards. Cant beat free gas just for doing what i already do. Selct what i want online, it shows up at the door in a couple days.

MurphysLaw88GT
12-06-2009, 12:16 PM
ahhhh, I didnt know that! I didnt even know we had signed up our account that way in the beginning. I have been rolling points over for the past several years..lol Well if they let you change it over, I would. Free shit for using the card like you normally would anyway!

My gf works at Landmark and she said that you can switch it over at anytime. All you have to do is call member service or stop into a branch and there is a card you need to sign, they will switch your card to a rewards-it takes about 2 weeks to get the card once you change. How the rewards accumlate is; for every $2 you spend you earn 1 reward point. This is great for people who use thier check card all the time.

-stew-
12-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Landmark does other cool things such as listing people as having a forced closed account with an out standing negative balance when they don't, selling said nonexistent negative balance to collection agencies (plural,) and general douche-baggery by their "security manager."

Crawlin
12-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Educator's has the same thing.... except they allowed me to choose cash in my bank account instead of their dedicated prizes. Comes out to about the same value as what you got Yoosof. I think they must use the same "program" since that prize was an option for ECU users as well. No special "rewards" account was required though that I remember.

wrath
12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll take the interest on the first $500 in the account and my Chase card for points. I'll gladly take the ~$40/month I get back from Chase over the trinkets from Landmark. Heck, I've earned nearly $200 in cash back from Chase in October and November.

Ever since Landmark jerked me around on a home mortgage and the repeated jerking around with insurance on my one car financed through them I'm looking for a new bank and definitely not in the mood to "help them out".

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Chases' rewards cards fricking rules, Chase Freedom + the Amazon chase card = $$$

TransAm12sec
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
How many rewards points were needed for a $50 gift card and the dvd player?

pOrk
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Chases' rewards cards fricking rules, Chase Freedom + the Amazon chase card = $$$

U use the Chase BP card and have a reward card as well, normally only use the BP card and get a 50 dollar gas card every other month.

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM
U use the Chase BP card and have a reward card as well, normally only use the BP card and get a 50 dollar gas card every other month.

Yeah I have the Chase BP card as well, 5% rewards = win

Yooformula
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Ever since Landmark jerked me around on a home mortgage and the repeated jerking around with insurance on my one car financed through them I'm looking for a new bank and definitely not in the mood to "help them out".

see I have had the exact opposite experience with them. TCF yanked me around hard when it mattered....my wallet stolen and my entire checking account wiped out. Since moving to landmark, I moved all of our loans(4) over and when the poo hit the fan, they were able to help us refinance everything, get us a car loan AFTER the mess with the van and provide no bs insurance when it mattered. I havent had any issues with dropping coverage on my car when it goes into storage and the entire office knows us by name. Maybe its in the way to talk to them, maybe they read your posts here in regards to homes:goof or the particular location just has rude people, who knows but I am very happy with them.