PDA

View Full Version : 1972 GMC Sprint<--------VERY RARE!!!

posihead
05-10-2004, 08:34 PM
This car is a rare piece of 70's muscle history and needs a new home. It is a 1972 GMC Sprint, same thing as an Elcamino, but much harder to find and worth way more! Prodution for 1972 Elcamino's was 57,000, production for 1972 Sprint was 6,742... It is 99% rust free and was driven until early 2001 and has been in southern Cali it's whole life. The car was taken off the road due to an minor front end accident. There is no frame damage, only sheet metal. It will need a passenger side front fender, hood, and front bumper. New metal inner fenders, and headlight assemblies have already been purchased. Various parts of the car are dissasembled, exhaust, gas tank, and front sheetmetal have been removed. Engine is a 350, not original, has over $500 invested in new chrome and new Edelbrock carb. Car has no transmission or ralley wheels, they have been sold... This would be a very easy restoration. I'm looking to get around $3,200, but i'm negotiable.... There is no accident damage on the car now because it has no front end... I did drive the car twice on the highway and reached 95mph, it did not shake, vibrate, or pull at all, and was very smooth. It was inspected by the State of Wisconsin Police, and it has no frame damage... The passenger fender was buckled in the middle, the passenger side bumper support bracket was buckled, the passenger headlight assembly was bent up, the radiator support still appears to be straight for the most part, it has some easily repairable damage, the hood has some dents in the front corner, it could still be fixed possibly... This car is a real GEM awaiting a dose of BLING!
I'm selling it because I don't have the money needed to restore it the way I want to right now, (which is ALOT ). I've been to busy dumping loads of cash into the cars I actually drive. I'm also going to school again this fall way out of state for 9 months, and I don't want the car gathering dust while i'm gone. I figure once I have the time and money again to build one of these cars, I will just buy another one. Next time though, I will purchase an Elcamino instead of a Sprint, because I would not feel bad ripping apart an customizing an Elcamino seeing that it's not rare...
Once again, $3,200 OBO Email: posihead@yahoo.com for pictures... :bling

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/250000-250999/250542_1_full.jpg

GTSLOW
05-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Sure would make a nice home for an LS1/T56, to bad its missing so much stuff though :(

posihead
05-11-2004, 06:36 AM
It's a complete car minus the tranny. Will need a tranny, passenger fender, and a passenger side bumper bracket in order to be put together as a whole car...

posihead
05-13-2004, 06:15 AM
PRICE LOWERED TO $2,700........................!!! :woo: