PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Dell Laptop Charger

michelle
12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Lola decided Adam's laptop cable would be tasty, so she chewed the end that connects to the computer.

Looking for an octagon-shaped end type. If you think you might have something, let me know and I can look up the model of Dell to see if it is compatible.

I have a "universal adapter", but none of the plugs match. The Best Buy Geeks were even stumped and said I would have to contact Dell. Their new Dell laptops have the same style connector, but none of their universal adapters work.

Just checking here while I am also checking Ebay, Craigslist, and Dell. I know there are some computer guys on here that might have that type of stuff on hand.

Thanks!

michelle
12-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Dell Inspiron 1440.

team beater
12-04-2009, 04:58 PM
i might have one, ill check tonight and let you know

pOrk
12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.simplemicro.com/ppc/goog/dell-pa-12-ac-adapter-2g.html&ca=goppc?gclid=CLSziIXyvZ4CFdx05Qodcxplow

michelle
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Finally found a Dell one on Ebay for $15 with free shipping. Picture shows the octagon style connector and is the same model/part number as the one that came with the laptop. Found a lot of "compatible" ones, but nothing with the stupid octagon shape.

Thanks! This can be closed.