PDA

View Full Version : Cable box question

JOHN 86GT
12-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm trying to get dolby digital from a Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC box to my reciever.

Cable box manual says I can switch the digital setting to dolby digital . It says digital but wont move to any other option. (does not show any other option )

I am using the coponent cables and the dig coax out to the reciever. I have the reciever set to accept a digital input.

I will be switching to hdmi cables out to the tv ,coax to reciever) in the future (reciever does not have hdmi)

Thanks

Ricky Bobby
12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
go into setting into devices and and i believe its in audio coding or something like that should be able to change some settings in there i dont have a hdc box at home as they are a little diff on the settings in the box

03Seville
12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
the 4240's not an hdc, its an hd dvr. Thats the one that jsut came out with the cable card in the back.

and you wont be able to change that setting anyway. After you connect an HDMI to the box it automatically locks the setting at true surround and locks the box volume.

After you connect an HDMI follow ricky_bobby's advice and go to the settings and you will see that everything will be locked out.

JOHN 86GT
12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
go into setting into devices and and i believe its in audio coding the settings in the box

Thanks alot guys !!! I now get Dolby digital .:headbang