PDA

View Full Version : Workout Facilities.

1997 Trans-Am
12-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Need yours guys' suggestions on any places you go to for working out.

I need something to keep me occupied during the slow winter months. Also i may be making a huge decision in a few months so i will need to be in real good shape. Im a skinny mofo right now so i need to bulk up a little. Really the only place i know of is the YMCA(never been in one). but i dont know how that is.

preferably:
-a place under $100/month
- variety of machines for strength building and cardio
-pool
-Waukesha area

Nix
12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.preferred-fitness.com/muskego/

94greenbandit
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
http://www.princetonclub.net/

SlowMotion
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
www.westwoodfitness.org I may be biased as I work there :thumbsup. Let me know if you need any info or help.

Karps TA
12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Princeton club is nice although expensive. Place also began to suffer from naked guy syndrom, where too many guys thought the locker room was a place to walk around and do everything with their junk hanging out.

Preferred doesn't have a pool.

However just a warning, New Years is right around the corner. Meaning everybody starts their New Years resolution, and every single fitness club is packed to the gills for about a month or 2 until people quit and go back to their normal lifestyles. On the flip side it also means theres usually better deals and pricing though.

PureSound15
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I liked the princeton club, but there was a lot of dudes blow-drying their nuts and trying to carry on a conversation with me while their satchel hair tickled the floor.

No worried a about staying under 100 a month though, if that's what your budgeting than I would find a cheaper gym and put the rest towards some quality supplements if you're looking to bulk up.

Yooformula
12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I kinda like the wisconsin athletic club. I think all locations have a pool and the west allis location is open 24 hours/6 days a week. I get a huge discount but if I were looking again, I would go to a strictly hardcore type of gym. I cant stand "health club" type of places where people spend more time talking, running or worrying about their clothes than banging plates. Loud rock/techno music being played not holiday music, a smoothie/protein bar and a shit ton of benches/racks/plates/Hammer strength equipment so you dont have to wait!....now that I mention it, I hate the WAC!

CATNHAT
12-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Hooters.

Jeff
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
+2 for the WAC, I've been a member there off and on forever...

94greenbandit
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
No worried a about staying under 100 a month though, if that's what your budgeting than I would find a cheaper gym and put the rest towards some quality supplements if you're looking to bulk up.

He's gonna need a lot of supplements ;)

1997 Trans-Am
12-02-2009, 06:45 AM
alright looks like there are plenty of places to check out. awesome! .............lol satchel hair

He's gonna need a lot of supplements ;)

hey! i cant help that im a skinny person. i wish i could gain weight but i just cant. No matter what i eat i cant gain shit. so i hope the gym helps.

SSLEVO
12-02-2009, 08:13 AM
hey! i cant help that im a skinny person. i wish i could gain weight but i just cant. No matter what i eat i cant gain shit. so i hope the gym helps.

I hate people like you! I have to work out to not gain weight it seems, lol.

PureSound15
12-02-2009, 08:33 AM

Getting to the gym is the first step - but you won't gain any weight or put on any kind of mass without eating A LOT in addition to the gym and the right vitamins.

brotherbenn83
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I kinda like the wisconsin athletic club. I think all locations have a pool and the west allis location is open 24 hours/6 days a week. I get a huge discount but if I were looking again, I would go to a strictly hardcore type of gym. I cant stand "health club" type of places where people spend more time talking, running or worrying about their clothes than banging plates. Loud rock/techno music being played not holiday music, a smoothie/protein bar and a shit ton of benches/racks/plates/Hammer strength equipment so you dont have to wait!....now that I mention it, I hate the WAC!

Hardcore gym would be nice, but a good MP3 player fixes most any shit scenario. And the old naked man situation is pretty much universal anywhere u go.

Getting big is not about lifting weights, it's about how you eat/sleep/recover after you are done lifting weights (<----see arm on right)

lilws6
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Gold gym is where i go in waukesha i only pay $40 a month plus they have a pool hot tub and sauna tons of free weights tons of machines and a whole lot of cardio machines. should come take a tour with one of the reps there the place is good for teh price in my opinion

sidewayzbimmer
12-02-2009, 12:18 PM
If you go to golds gym talk to mark fine hes a manager there and will take care of you.

silververt
12-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Eat,eat,eat, lift eat,eat,eat sleep :)

1997 Trans-Am
12-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Gold gym is where i go in waukesha i only pay $40 a month plus they have a pool hot tub and sauna tons of free weights tons of machines and a whole lot of cardio machines. should come take a tour with one of the reps there the place is good for teh price in my opinion

cool. im gonna check it out this week :)

A B4C Z
12-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Snap-Fitness Is nice place 24/7 access and they are located all over wisconsin so you can go to anyone you want. They dont have a pool at all.

brotherbenn83
12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Snap Fitness' equipment is absolute GARBAGE. If you have NEVER lifted before it may seem okay, but if you are used to high quality equipment (Ivanko, Magnum, Hammer Strength etc) it will not ever feel the same.

lilws6
12-03-2009, 08:18 PM
gold has a bunch of the hammer strength ones i like those the best so far