PDA

View Full Version : Yuck. Food nastiness inside.

TheRX7Project
12-01-2009, 08:43 AM
So today I get home from work at around 8am, knowing good and well what is on the breakfast menu- corn dogs. I buy corn dogs for breakfast all the time. They're cheap, they're quick, and IMO they taste alright.

Not today. Today I open my fresh box of State Fair by Sara Lee brand corn dogs, and right on the first one I grab are two nice mouse turds, frozen right to the batter.

Here is a pic.
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ProjectFocusFast/Misc%20pics/CRAPDOG.jpg

I contacted Sara Lee and am waiting for a reply. I am fucking disgusted. Way to ruin one of my favorite breakfasts. I understand shit happens (pun intended) but as long as I don't see it, I don't care. This almost made me hurl.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-01-2009, 08:47 AM
wow. you should get some freebies i would think, if you still want them, LOL!

on a similar note, the jimmy dean breakfast sausages wrapped in a pancake were my favorite when i was younger!

TheRX7Project
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I told them right in my complaint that "I don't know how we're going to resolve this, I obviously don't want more corn dogs".

They could've at least processed that shit or wiped it off or something lol... what I don't know doesn't bother me.

Exitspeed
12-01-2009, 09:10 AM
That's what you get for eating corn dogs for breakfast. And you really don't eat that part of them anyway. lol

JK.

That is sick.

Ricky Bobby
12-01-2009, 09:17 AM
the jimmy dean breakfast sausages wrapped in a pancake were my favorite when i was younger!x2

0TransAm0
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
funny and sick at the same time...

i wondering what there reply will be..

animal
12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Surely disgusting, but I'm sure it's absolutely impossible to prevent similar things from happening when you're making food in the amounts that they're making. Surprising it's on top and not inside though ;)

Exitspeed
12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Surely disgusting, but I'm sure it's absolutely impossible to prevent similar things from happening when you're making food in the amounts that they're making. Surprising it's on top and not inside though ;)

You gotta wonder how many he's already eaten that were inside. :stare

animal
12-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Here is a very brief sampling of the FDA's Food Defect Action Level list. They begin investigation when foods reach the action level they've set. According to the FDA, typical foods contain about 10 percent of the action level, but others say they contain more like 40 percent.

CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR

•Insect filth: Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined OR any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments

•Rodent filth: Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined OR any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs

CITRUS FRUIT JUICES, CANNED

•Insects and insect eggs: 5 or more Drosophila and other fly eggs per 250 ml or 1 or more maggots per 250 ml

RED FISH AND OCEAN PERCH

•Parasites: 3% of the fillets examined contain 1 or more parasites accompanied by pus pockets

MACARONI AND NOODLE PRODUCTS

•Insect filth: Average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

•Rodent filth: Average of 4.5 rodent hairs or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

PEANUT BUTTER

•Insect filth: Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams

•Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams

POPCORN

•Rodent filth: 1 or more rodent excreta pellets are found in 1 or more subsamples, and 1 or more rodent hairs are found in 2 or more other subsamples OR 2 or more rodent hairs per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples OR 20 or more gnawed grains per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples

WHEAT FLOUR

•Insect filth: Average of 75 or more insect fragments per 50 grams

•Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 50 grams

:)

Gotta love that your gallon of OJ can have a maggot in it and they won't investigate it unless it has more than 15 of them... and pus pockets in ocean perch, yum.

Sure it doesn't mention rat turds on the outside of corn dogs, but sometimes I find it fascinating that the tolerance levels aren't zero. :goof

Gotta love the FDA and their GRAS measure (generally recognized as safe).

Nix
12-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Fuck is that wrong and gross. Sara Lee makes some good "shit" too. I guess I really won't be buying any of that stuff for a while.

You really do have to post the email reply that you get. :thumbsup

whistlin six
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Ughh..I have state fair corn dogs in the freezer.
Didn't find anything on mine thank God.

Long time ago I found little yellowish maggots living in a box
of pancake mix. Not sure if they were there from the factory or if they
found their way in later. The box had been sitting open in the back of the cabinet for a while.

TheRX7Project
12-01-2009, 11:37 AM
They sent me an automated message for now...

Thank you for contacting Sara Lee Food and Beverage. Your message has
been received and logged. A Consumer Affairs Representative is being
assigned to research your message and will respond soon. We appreciate
the chance to get your opinions and feedback. They are important to us.
Should you wish to speak with a Sara Lee Representative via telephone,
we can be contacted toll-free at (800) 323-7117 (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Central Time).
Sincerely,

Sara Lee Bakery Group
Consumer Affairs

TheRX7Project
12-01-2009, 11:40 AM
You gotta wonder how many he's already eaten that were inside. :stare

And yes, I thought of this... :eek::puke:tomato

I figure the rat/mouse must've gotten at it during the packaging process, not the production. At least that's what I prefer to think.

I'm just glad that #1, I noticed, and #2, they were on the FIRST one I would've eaten, not the last. Imagine you ate something just to find something extremely disgusting in the bottom of the box... BLECH!

Car Guy
12-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Those must be the 'limited edition' chocolate sprinkle covered corn dogs.....:goof :rolf

lordairgtar
12-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Those are the brand I buy...well...not anymore!

pOrk
12-01-2009, 04:38 PM
They will probably send you a bill, extra charge for a Sara Lee Turd

lordairgtar
12-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Ughh..I have state fair corn dogs in the freezer.
Didn't find anything on mine thank God.

Long time ago I found little yellowish maggots living in a box
of pancake mix. Not sure if they were there from the factory or if they
found their way in later. The box had been sitting open in the back of the cabinet for a while.
Weevils! They are there from the manufacturer. If you see little black specs, that's them.

TheRX7Project
12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Hmm no real reply yet. I may have to call.

WhatsADSM
12-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Yea call them and tell them you will fax/email them a pic :)

Kind of curious where this goes, although I'll bet they will just offer you some free (other) Sara Lee products.

TheRX7Project
12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah and I don't know if I want any free Sara Lee products... except maybe those frozen pies, those are pretty awesome, at least they WERE...

Nix
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
For fucks sake! You would think that finding goddamn rat feces on your motherfucking corndogs would be a guarnteed call/email reply. Not some automated bullshit. I say call Katrina Kravey or what ever in the hell that chicks name is. Contact6 those assholes!! :rolf

0TransAm0
12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
i hope you put them in a ziplock bag and back in the freezer... just incase you need to prove to them what it is...

CATNHAT
12-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Just think, normally the shit is on the inside and you never see it!! YUMMY!:goof

TheRX7Project
12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
No, I threw them out. That would've been a good idea. Still no reply.

hrsp
12-03-2009, 03:37 PM
any word yet?

TheRX7Project
12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
No. I'm calling tomorrow. Nasty motherfuckers.

Car Guy
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
My guess is they'll nicely blow you off and maybe offer a credit for more chocolate sprinkle covered corn dogs.....:rolf

Nix
12-03-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't think you should have thrown out the evidence.

TheRX7Project
12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't think you should have thrown out the evidence.

And let me go ahead and quote this for truth.

I got a package in the mail today... asking me to return the "evidence" and packaging... the "evidence" is long gone... and I just took the garbage out that contained the package.

They also sent 3 coupons for free corn dogs... anyone want some free rat turds?

Grrr. This is my own fault. I'll give them a call and send them the pic... but I'm not dumpster diving for the package. It's not going to change how I feel about the situation.

They sent me this email on Dec. 7th (a week after I sent them my original complaint) which, unfortunately, I also just recieved today.

Dear James,
Thank you for contacting Sara Lee. We are sorry to hear about the disappointing experience you had with your State Fair corn dogs. We are genuinely concerned and appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention.We would like the opportunity to investigate. We have sent you a self-addressed stamped envelope for you to return the material you describe to have found, along with the packaging. The only product we would need back, would be any portion that is affected by the described material. Upon receipt, this information will be forwarded to our Quality Assurance Team for identification and investigation.We truly value you as a customer. We would be happy to speak with you. Simply call us at 1-800-323-7117. Our Consumer Affairs department is available Monday through Friday from 7am-6pm CST.
Sincerely
Mindy Sara Lee Consumer Affairs Representative

lordairgtar
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I like corndogs. Send'em to me.

domokun
12-11-2009, 09:44 AM
thats just plain stupid to throw the evidence away.

thats like getting robbed and you seen finger prints on your mirror but decided to wipe them off so the mirror would be clean again.

but otherwise, best of luck

Turbo-Triumph
12-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Damn if you guys dont want your state fair corndogs, send them my way.

Shit or no shit, the flavor of the corndog is still the same... shitty!

maybe i need to find some rat poop in the next steak i buy.

either way, i wouldnt of been that grossed out by that, its not like you found out it was just a mouse battered over with a stick up its ass, instead of a hot dog.

0TransAm0
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
thats just plain stupid to throw the evidence away.

x2

0TransAm0
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM
i hope you put them in a ziplock bag and back in the freezer... just incase you need to prove to them what it is...

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

TheRX7Project
12-12-2009, 05:21 PM
:( :punch: :loser :chair:

That is all.

hrsp
12-12-2009, 09:57 PM
i'll stick with the roundys corn dogs....less shit on them i hope!

lotsals1
12-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I dont know what is more nasty ,corn doggs or the mouse dookie.
The dookie prob. has less chemicals in it.