PDA

View Full Version : Sprint users inside please...

hrsp
11-30-2009, 11:47 PM
My contract is up with u.s cellular and i cant complain about anything from them...my service was great and my crappy 1cent phone worked great for 2 years and withstood a beating...

But now i want a phone that i can do everything with and not be paying more than 100.00 for talk- text- pic- and internet...so ive heard about the sprint unlimited everything plan for 99.99 a month. I looked at there phones and there are a few that i like so thats not an issue...just wondering how many of you guys have this plan and if there is any quirks in it or is the coverage terrible? Again i had the widearea1000 plan from uscc and it was fine...so that shows how much traveling i dont do...lol...any input would be appreciated!!!

Junky Giorgio
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM
If you want to switch to Sprint, I can get you a deal on a unlimited plan for around $65 per/month. A good friend of mine works for them and gives a major hookup to all my referrals i send his way. If your interested pm me for more details etc. Also, I've had Sprint for about 3-4 years now and I have nothing to complain about. Great reception, excellent customer service, and I probably get about 10 dropped calls a year compared to when I was with At&t where I would get 10 dropped calls a day. I currently have the Blackberry Tour and love it. Sprint also has the "ANY MOBILE, ANYTIME" with their service too.

-stew-
12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
I am paying $80 a month 300 daytime minutes, unlimited night and weekend, unlimited text/pix, and black berry service (unlimited data and BB messenger ect, ect) through US Cellular. Black Berry Curve 8330. I couldn't be happier. Before getting this plan in May I was with Spring for ten years, the last two years were hell.

Fuck Sprint.

Silver03SRT
12-01-2009, 08:32 AM
I switched from us cellular to sprint for the same reason. I had the unlimited package and did not have a problem at all. I have great service even way up north. I have a friend who worked for sprint and he said I cant get any deals on the unlimited package. They cant give a discount if you have that but if I dropped it down to the simply everything for 90 a month with 900 minutes I could get a 10 dollar discount. So I pay 80 a month for 900 minutes and unlimited data. Its not a bad deal. The any mobile anytime is nice because most people i know use a cell phone instead of a home phone so I am thinking of changing my plan to the 400 minute package. ( i think thats what it is) and save another 10 bucks a month.

hrsp
12-01-2009, 02:01 PM
am i able to keep my same number if i switch networks?

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes, you can keep your number, it will take a day or to for them to port it over, but by law they have to if you want it. I also have the unlimited plan and like it. I have Nextel however and have coverage issues way up north, but sprint shouldnt have a problem....

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
If you want to switch to Sprint, I can get you a deal on a unlimited plan for around $65 per/month. A good friend of mine works for them and gives a major hookup to all my referrals i send his way. If your interested pm me for more details etc. Also, I've had Sprint for about 3-4 years now and I have nothing to complain about. Great reception, excellent customer service, and I probably get about 10 dropped calls a year compared to when I was with At&t where I would get 10 dropped calls a day. I currently have the Blackberry Tour and love it. Sprint also has the "ANY MOBILE, ANYTIME" with their service too.

Hell, I have a Share plan with 3 lines, can he get me a better deal then the $200 a month that im paying as of now!?

pOrk
12-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm happy with sprint, I have the SERO plan and love it.

hrsp
12-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm happy with sprint, I have the SERO plan and love it.

what phone do you have?

johnny--2k
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
SERO plan is GONE. They are forcing people to change gradually, so that's out the window.

I have the Palm Pre, pay $70 per month for Unlimited EVERYTHING (text, data, pic, email, and calls to ANY mobile phone) so the only time I use my 450 minutes is if I am calling a LAND line.

No sense in paying extra for the unlimited everything unless you do ALOT of calling to land lines. Just get the bare bones minutes plan, and as long as you have data, you get the unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any carrier.

OxmanWI
12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Live in Milwaukee, have all my bars. Work near the dells, shit for bars up here.

johnny--2k
12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Everything Data - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM
Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide.

This plan includes
Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
More about what's included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
450 $69.99 45¢/min
900 $89.99 40¢/min

I also get a discount for working for Ford, so take another 23% off the plan price, add insurance for the phone and my bill is like 63 with taxes and all. If you work for a bigger corp, you prob get some kind of discount on the phone and the plan....

SmokinRAM114
12-01-2009, 02:58 PM
you guys can keep sprint! right now nextel and sprint can suck my ass. I have nextel gf has sprint, their service just got really really shitty! it is only a matter time before there down the tube or bought out by one of the "big two" (att, verizon). with 230,000 customers lost last quater i wouldnt even consider them. they are so far in the hole they sold all their "site" maintance to qualcomm. i have insiders in the mobile networks (not the schmucks that work in the stores) at att tmobile and sprint.

Nix
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
The wife and I have Sprint and I've had maybe 5 dropped call in the past 2 years. We have the old SERO plan where we get unlimited internet and a bunch of minutes and texts. the only complait I have is their customer service is less than subpar.

-stew-
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I loved sprint. My treo would lock up for hours, once it sat with a black screen and just vibrated for 45 minutes. I wouldn't get texts for days, then they'd all flood in. I would go into the sprint store, they'd look at it; "It's a smartphone, they do things like that sometimes. Its fine now." Shit service here at my house, sitting next to my friend who had the same phone with sprint, and he would have full service.
'

DerangedPony
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I work for the service dept. at a Sprint store but still, I think they have one of the better cell services for the price. As for phone, if you have new to smart phones, I would get a Blackberry 8330. They are more durable, a little easier to use, and we currently have a deal where you can buy one for $50, you get the second free if you plan on going with a family plan.

pOrk
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
what phone do you have?

I HAD the Blackberry World, switched to 8330 for 2 days and my Sero Plan is not compatible so looking to buy another phone at the moment. Using some piece of crap now until I find another world or maybe a Samsung Ace

pOrk
12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
SERO plan is GONE. They are forcing people to change gradually, so that's out the window.

I have the Palm Pre, pay $70 per month for Unlimited EVERYTHING (text, data, pic, email, and calls to ANY mobile phone) so the only time I use my 450 minutes is if I am calling a LAND line.

No sense in paying extra for the unlimited everything unless you do ALOT of calling to land lines. Just get the bare bones minutes plan, and as long as you have data, you get the unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any carrier.

I just signed another 2 year contract to get a free phone with my Sero plan, returned the phone cause data didn't work with it and I didn't want to pay another 10 bucks a month. So they aren't forcing me out?

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2009, 04:52 PM
you guys can keep sprint! right now nextel and sprint can suck my ass. I have nextel gf has sprint, their service just got really really shitty! it is only a matter time before there down the tube or bought out by one of the "big two" (att, verizon). with 230,000 customers lost last quater i wouldnt even consider them. they are so far in the hole they sold all their "site" maintance to qualcomm. i have insiders in the mobile networks (not the schmucks that work in the stores) at att tmobile and sprint.

Insiders? hahahaha,

Well to be fair, by your GFs house ive never had good coverage (Tmobil, USC, ATT) And the ONLY reason I stay with Nextel is the new platform upgrades that have been going on for about a year now with Nextel, and when all complete should be IMO on of the best, if not the best networks out there..... and my "insider" information comes from Motorola, the sole manufacture and patent holder of iDEN technology. It is to bad Sprint bought them up, but I think they finally realized that the Nextel network is very powerful if they run it right.....

johnny--2k
12-01-2009, 04:52 PM
HMM....thats wierd. My buddy just told me he was forced to change his plan out of the sero plan. Odd....

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2009, 04:56 PM
with 230,000 customers lost last quater i wouldnt even consider them. they are so far in the hole they sold all their "site" maintance to qualcomm. i have insiders in the mobile networks (not the schmucks that work in the stores) at att tmobile and sprint.

EL WRONG-O

http://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2002/020110_qchat_nextel_mot.html

nextel, motorola, and qualcom have all been in a joint venture since 2002 :wooo so your source is 7 years behind.... all they are doing now is interfacing CDMA technology with iDEN technology to create interoperability PTT networks......

Nix
12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
HMM....thats wierd. My buddy just told me he was forced to change his plan out of the sero plan. Odd....

Huh? :stare Details?

A B4C Z
12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I have sprint never have any problems with it. My whole family does actually. We have 7 lines with them and no complains and you get discounts depending where you work

mr.gone1985
12-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I've been with Sprint for about 9 years now with no complaints. Just got the 450 data plan that was $69.99 a month for $49.99 a month for being a longtime customer. And I got a free Blackberry 8330 from Best Buy for extending for 2 more years. They also gave me 100 free anytime minutes awhile back that carried over to this plan. Love the phone and Sprint has been good with me.

Russ Jerome
12-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I've been with sprint forever, only stay with them because I have all my kids on my acount.

Sprint is fine for intown or on freeways but if your regularly get out in the sticks I would not want to depend on Sprint in case of an emergency. No climbing the hills in Wyalusing state park, no fishing on Puckaway lake, no hikes thru the Blue Cactus reserve on the WI river, roam or not I've never got reception with any of the Sprint phones I've had (countless models). Coverage is fine for a city dweller who doesnt get way out of town.

SmokinRAM114
12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
EL WRONG-O

http://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2002/020110_qchat_nextel_mot.html

nextel, motorola, and qualcom have all been in a joint venture since 2002 :wooo so your source is 7 years behind.... all they are doing now is interfacing CDMA technology with iDEN technology to create interoperability PTT networks......

i never said they just sold?:durr and yes i know people who work 'in' the network for tmobile sprint and att. 'we' as in spring city/pieper do all the site updates/maintence for tmobile/boost/cricket and some att. my brother also works as a network installer for att. the owner of the building we rent from also works for att cellular side. i see the "quarterly" updates we get for network usage which includes all of them at work. i can tell you fastest growing is verizon next to att and sprint/nextel is falling faster then US cellular. both us cell and sprint have averaged over 100k total lost customers in 3 quaters for 2009.

SmokinRAM114
12-01-2009, 08:33 PM
here j5 maintance is done by ericsson (MY BAD!)
In 2009, Sprint announced that the day-to-day operations management of its entire wireless network will be turned over to the Sweden-based Ericsson. Under the deal, Sprint will transfer many of their network operations employees and Ericsson will take over the full maintenance and operations of the Sprint wireless network. Sprint will retain ownership of the network and will have control over the network assets. Additionally Ericsson will be housed within the Sprint headquarters. The transaction is expected to be complete by the end of Q3 2009

hrsp
12-01-2009, 08:40 PM

whats this plan then? am i missing something?
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/SubmitRegionAction?isUpgradePathForCoverage=false&currZipCode=&upgradeOption=&nextPage=DisplayPlans&equipmentSKUurlPart=%3FcurrentPage%3DratePlanPage&filterStringParamName=filterString%3DIndividual_Pl ans_Filter&newZipCode=53214&x=0&y=0

johnny--2k
12-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Sero is not the everything plan, its the Sprint Employee Referral Option plan that was DIRT cheap for friends/family of employees. At first all you needed was an employees email address to get it, and now they have tightened it up to require email and their emp id number, and now it's not available at all IIRC.

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2009, 10:50 PM
'we' as in spring city/pieper do all the site updates/maintence for tmobile/boost/cricket and some att. my brother also works as a network installer for att. the owner of the building we rent from also works for att cellular side. i see the "quarterly" updates we get for network usage which includes all of them at work. i can tell you fastest growing is verizon next to att and sprint/nextel is falling faster then US cellular. both us cell and sprint have averaged over 100k total lost customers in 3 quaters for 2009. How is boost doing? lol

here j5 maintance is done by ericsson (MY BAD!)
In 2009, Sprint announced that the day-to-day operations management of its entire wireless network will be turned over to the Sweden-based Ericsson.

that you are correct on, but why is that a bad thing? I bet you didnt know that ericcson already hosts a ton of cell providors in the US, AT&T being one of them!

hrsp
12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
ahh gotcha..i will prolly get the same thing u have....Thanks!

SmokinRAM114
12-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Sprint cutting up to 2,500 more employees from the payroll
By Chris Ziegler posted Nov 10th 2009 5:59AM It's been a helluva couple years for Sprint -- new networks, new platforms, and new acquisitions have all been intermixed with a drawn-out recovery effort that's undoubtedly weighed heavy on the hearts and minds of staff at the company's dual headquarters in Kansas and Virginia. With more (albeit slower) subscriber losses in its most recent earning's report, it's still all but impossible to say whether they'll be able to survive in the long term as an independent operation, and we're not quite sure what to make of this latest move, either: a promise of 2,000 to 2,500 job cuts to be announced through the fourth quarter, many of which will be completed before the year's up. It gets a little weird here because Sprint's applying some hardcore spin in its press release, touting the fact that reduced calls to customer service -- ostensibly due to an improved experience -- have lessened the need for call center staff, but we're not really buying it; the business continues to shrink, and staff continue to be cut. The good news is that they're being cut at a much slower rate than before, so it's still entirely reasonable to believe that black ink is in sight -- particularly if they've got a killer 2010 lineup in store.
Read

brotherbenn83
12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I have a question for those of you actually having GOOD experiences with SPRINT...what phone(s) are you using? I have been with Sprint for over 8 years and was thinking about switching, but their plans seem to be the most reasonably priced. My wife and I both have the Samsung M300 (old "free" phone) but are due for upgrades. Any input would be appreciated.

70 cutlass 442
12-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I have a question for those of you actually having GOOD experiences with SPRINT...what phone(s) are you using? I have been with Sprint for over 8 years and was thinking about switching, but their plans seem to be the most reasonably priced. My wife and I both have the Samsung M300 (old "free" phone) but are due for upgrades. Any input would be appreciated.

i have the 8350i and like it.

Junky Giorgio
12-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Blackberry's since the day I signed with SPRINT, and no problems. I've had US Cellular, and AT&T cell phone service prior and you couldn't pay my monthly bill for me to switch back to them.