PDA

View Full Version : MNF: Saints vs Pats

Russ Jerome
11-30-2009, 09:18 PM
I knew they were unbeaten but watching New Orleans cut thru the Patriots is something else, not like New England suck they have been playing pretty well.

Karps TA
11-30-2009, 09:22 PM
I was hoping the Pats would take it to the Saints, just to help Favre out. But the Saints are beyond impressive offensively.

If it can't be Favre in the Super Bowl, a Saint vs Colts/Chargers game would be fantastic. Honestly Vikings/Saints vs Colts/Chargers any way you match them up is going to be a fun game.

Russ Jerome
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Im bias being a Vikes fan but I realy think they have a solid team, but the Vikes traditional fall to anybody come playoff time ....go Brent Fav-erea' !

Exitspeed
12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
The Saints are just so solid right now. I was seriously impressed. They were just doing everything right.

I'd be happy with seeing the Saints vs Viks in the Super Bowl just to see the Viks get destroyed.

Karps TA
12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
That would be an interesting Super Bowl. Especially since it's impossbile since both are NFC teams.

T-Bag
12-01-2009, 09:40 AM
The Saints are just so solid right now. I was seriously impressed. They were just doing everything right.

I'd be happy with seeing the Saints vs Viks in the Super Bowl just to see the Viks get destroyed.

Learn football more

Did I hear someone say chargers in the superbowl? Everyone knows the chargers always choke in the playoffs, and this year will be no different...if they even make the playoffs.

Karps TA
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
They don't choke in the playoffs. They lost last year to Pittsburgh, a much better team. They lost by 3 points the prior year to NE who didn't lose a game all season. They end up playing better teams. Shit most years they end up running the table just to get into the playoffs. The one year River's blew out his knee and still played and they barely lost. They are a much better overall team then the Colts.

Only year they "choked" was in like 05 when Brees got hurt and they lost to the Jets in the first round in OT.

Exitspeed
12-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Learn football more

Did I hear someone say chargers in the superbowl? Everyone knows the chargers always choke in the playoffs, and this year will be no different...if they even make the playoffs.

Yes sir mas'a.

Why not point out what it is I was incorrect on instead of JUST being a jag?

T-Bag
12-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes sir mas'a.

Why not point out what it is I was incorrect on instead of JUST being a jag?

Quit getting butthurt over a joke...jag.

Exitspeed
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Quit getting butthurt over a joke...jag.

Fuck you!

JK :thumbsup

You forgot to use the sarcasm font.

T-Bag
12-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Fuck you!

JK :thumbsup

You forgot to use the sarcasm font.

What you can't obviously tell that I'm joking off expression/emotionless internet fonts? What's wrong with you :goof

gottwins?
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
They don't choke in the playoffs. They lost last year to Pittsburgh, a much better team. They lost by 3 points the prior year to NE who didn't lose a game all season. They end up playing better teams. Shit most years they end up running the table just to get into the playoffs. The one year River's blew out his knee and still played and they barely lost. They are a much better overall team then the Colts.

Only year they "choked" was in like 05 when Brees got hurt and they lost to the Jets in the first round in OT.

+1, I see you know your stuff. Every year it seems like we own payton manning and beat the colts, then go to the championship with an unhealthy team and loose by a few points AWAY (at pitt, at new england) This time it seems like we will have New England first round *hopefully at home* and then on to the colts *knocks on wood*.

I would really hate to play brees in the superbowl though...former charger against his old team...I can see the media getting all up on this one. Lt is slowly getting his step, rivers has a million targets to throw too..as long as the D keeps getting better I can see us in the SB.

Anyways getting back to last night..IT WAS AWESOME, besides the fact that I hate the patriots...the guy I was playing in fantasy football needed 26 points between Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and the NE kicker to beat me..and he didint!! hahaha I thought I was going to loose for sure!! (game was for first place too)

T-Bag
12-01-2009, 09:22 PM

I STRONGLY disagree on the Chargers being a much better team than the Colts. That's absurd. They have nothing better than the Colts besides their running game which isn't great by any means.

Who cares how much they lost by? When you lose every year in the playoffs with a good regular season and high expectations, that's called choking.

Beagle
12-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Im calling it right now. Drew Brees and Bret Favre will share the mvp award......

gottwins?
12-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I STRONGLY disagree on the Chargers being a much better team than the Colts. That's absurd. They have nothing better than the Colts besides their running game which isn't great by any means.

Who cares how much they lost by? When you lose every year in the playoffs with a good regular season and high expectations, that's called choking.

Colts aren't anything special and im really surprised that they are undefeated..they have gotten lucky more than once and lately, Payton has been throwing like complete shit, wayne and clark are making some awesome catches with his shitty throws. Chargers and Colts would be a pretty even match up, chargers have a nice streak of beating the colts in the playoffs year after year so im hoping it continues.

:rolf When your starting QB or RB or both are hurt and they still make it to the AFC championship game I think that in itself deserves more credit than "choking"...then again im probably talking to somebody that didn't watch the games because that would have canceled out that whole statement. Should be interesting to see them actually healthy this year.

Karps TA
12-02-2009, 07:53 AM

Then what you are describing is the Colts in the playoffs. Because they lose all the time to lower seeds. Like the Chargers who knocked them out of the playoffs the last 2 years.

T-Bag
12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Colts aren't anything special and im really surprised that they are undefeated..they have gotten lucky more than once and lately, Payton has been throwing like complete shit, wayne and clark are making some awesome catches with his shitty throws. Chargers and Colts would be a pretty even match up, chargers have a nice streak of beating the colts in the playoffs year after year so im hoping it continues.

:rolf When your starting QB or RB or both are hurt and they still make it to the AFC championship game I think that in itself deserves more credit than "choking"...then again im probably talking to somebody that didn't watch the games because that would have canceled out that whole statement. Should be interesting to see them actually healthy this year.

I'm not going to deny the colts choked by losing the last two years. However, Tomlinson was a complete nonfactor the year he decided to fake his injury was worse than it was and sit out an important game, when his quarterback with a fucked knee still started. Tomlinson hasn't been a. big factor in years, Sproles usually ends up outperformig him.

The Colts won the Superbowl, recently, the Chargers have been knocked out every year they've been in recently. They're the AFC's Eagles, except they haven't even made it that far.

gottwins?
12-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to deny the colts choked by losing the last two years. However, Tomlinson was a complete nonfactor the year he decided to fake his injury was worse than it was and sit out an important game, when his quarterback with a fucked knee still started. Tomlinson hasn't been a. big factor in years, Sproles usually ends up outperformig him.

The Colts won the Superbowl, recently, the Chargers have been knocked out every year they've been in recently. They're the AFC's Eagles, except they haven't even made it that far.

I don't like to make excuses for those years for LT because it pissed me off too but for a dynamic runner, leg injuries go a long way. If he was a power back then I could see how toughing it out would have been an option but if your whole game relies on your ankles and feet to be explosive and they are hurt I would rather have sproles in there. If you watched LT from the begging of this year it was sad...he kept tripping on himself ect. but he is slowly getting a step back. Not saying he is going to be the same but at least an impact on the team this year and I really don't question how badly he wants a Superbowl either lol last couple of years he has realized that he is not getting any younger!

Eagles and chargers last couple of years are a pretty good comparison...RB usually ends up going down and they loose the game...Rivers is starting to get into his prime though and has many weapons and they are starting to let him carry this team instead of LT so I can see them going all the way...beating the saints though..not so sure after what I saw monday.

T-Bag
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM
No denying Rivers is a great/underrated QB. The Saints are on fire, then again so were the 07 Patriots and look what happened.

gottwins?
12-03-2009, 02:39 AM
http://forums.chargers.com/image.php?u=63013&dateline=1243318010