PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Input NEEDED: Foot/Feet Inserts.....

Car Guy
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Many years ago I stopped into the Good Feet Store and was fitted for a pair of feet inserts, those damn infomercials worked. I was skeptical at first (like with anything) but came to like them a lot after walking around for a few minutes. The only reason I didn't buy them is the salesman started to play games with me when I asked about the advertised of $59.99. The pair I was 'test walking' was $249.99 and I refused to drop that much money on something I wasn't %100 sold on. Ever since then I have been curious about them and if they truly help. At the time they felt great but it could have been the sales pitch and 'new car' effect.....

I'm now at a point in my life to where I must start taking better care of my body. I have always had the attitude of "I'm fine, it will get better" but that crap doesn't cut it anymore and it's time to get seriously involved with my health/well being. In a nutshell I'm looking for anything that will help me feel better now and in the future.....

If you have any experience or knowledge with inserts of any kind (there are MANY on the market) please let me know. I have considered getting a professional opinion by seeing a podiatrist or 'doctor' but nothing is scheduled as of now. Any advice/input is much appreciated......

~Justin :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Justin...you should have me take a look at your feet. Certainly I can give you a ton of pointers.

But as a pretty darn good shoe insert, over-the-counter orthotic (which is what the "good feet store" sell, albeit, a more comfortable one),Spenco Foot Orthotic (http://www.feetrelief.com/feetrelief/spenco.htm) really fills the bill. You can buy them at Rodiez's Running Store (110th and Lincoln in Stallis) for about 25/pair.

Buy the full length orthotic and cut them down and put them in your shoe in place of the insert that's in there now. You'll probably need to heat them up and change the shape of the orthotic for best results...

Reverend Cooper
11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
i used good feet and have the whole kit for all my shoes,and I swear by them,had them for two years now.

Karps TA
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Try a New Balance show store. They have really good inserts, and several different types. I was having some back issues and my chiropractor suggest some inserts. I wasn't about to pay that much either for something I wasn't sold on and thru some online searching read good stuff about the NB inserts. They seemed to help alot.

SlowMotion
12-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Justin,
You could stop in at Performance Running Outfitters in Brookfield, at Ruby Isle. Jess and Trey are the owners and they are some of the best people I have met with shoe fit, insert selection.

y2kws6
12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I stop at the good feet store also and was skeptical about the cost. I have been getting the custom fit inserts from walgreens using the machine to measure my feet. They are $50 for the pair and work well for about 6 months. Once I get a good job I think that I may go back to good feet because the the $250 pair is good for life. If they fail in anyway they are replaced. So 2.5 years and they are paid off is not too bad.

Dan

Yooformula
12-02-2009, 01:03 AM
I used the dr scholls machine at walgreen and ended up dumping $50 for the inserts and they were the biggest set they had. Hindsight I should have went to good feet as I have heard nothing but good things about their inserts. My buddy got a set for his kid and couldnt believe the difference they made in his walking, running for pop warner football and less back aches.

BlueOvalBolt
12-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Getting the Good Feet inserts was literally a life changing event for me. Highly recommend. :thumbsup

murdoc158
12-05-2009, 10:50 PM
The company I work for (Dr. Comfort) makes custom inserts and sells them with shoes. We specialize in diabetics, but anyone can wear them. Our shoes and inserts are 100% covered by Medicare as well. We have quite a few authorized resellers right here in SE Wisconsin. Our main account in the area is Hanger O&P. I know they have an office on 20th and Oklahoma. There's one in the North Shore area as well. We don't do direct sales to people so you have to get them from a doctor.

1320PNY
12-06-2009, 09:24 AM
I buy Reebok Walk II DMX shoes for whenever I have to walk on concrete for any distance. Seems to have fixed my issue. I have had issues in the past requiring spinal injections, but recently I feel great.

Deggy
12-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I use the Dr. Scholls "work" inserts in my work boots and my work shoes (I wear just a pair of old shoes when we aren't working in the mud and stuff.) I love them, I can wear both pairs for a full 12 hours and be perfectly fine, my feet aren't in pain at the end of the day.

Silver350
12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I had tons of problems with my knees ankles and lower back. My doctors got me some custom orthotics made and they have help me out a lot. I dont really have the pains in my ankles and knees since I started wearing them.

LIL EVO
12-06-2009, 12:37 PM
My chiropractor had me stand on some machine and do a scan of my feet. $400 later (insurance covered 100%) and I don't have any foot, leg or lower back pain. I'm on my feet all day long.