PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter Final Episode & Finale.....

Car Guy
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
What are your thoughts thus far, or has everyone stopped watching...??? :goof

Marcus Jones was quite impressive on the ground against Mike Wessel, who is no rookie. We didn't get to see enough of Marcus' stand up before securing one of the fastest arm bars in history.....:stare

Roy Nelson is NOT what he used to be and needs to either get back in shape or give it up, he would get DESTROYED in the UFC-HW division.....

twirkin50
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Heavy weights are pretty boring.....

This season has sucked, no drama, and no real good fights. The fights are interesting for the first minute or so and then they are too gassed to keep their arms up.

Thought there would be more Kimbo hype or drama.

The worst part is the fact that Rampage and Rashad won't be fighting at the end of the season...

Exitspeed
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Heavy weights are pretty boring.....

This season has sucked, no drama, and no real good fights. The fights are interesting for the first minute or so and then they are too gassed to keep their arms up.

The worst part is the fact that Rampage and Rashad won't be fighting at the end of the season...

Damn, summed it up perfect for me.

But I'm gonna say Marcus Jones wins the whole thing.

As boring as this season has been I've still been watching.

Car Guy
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM

I forgot to mention the rumor is Kimbo will be fighting Houston Alexander at the finale, I hope has learned a LOT since the show......:stare

The worst part is the fact that Rampage and Rashad won't be fighting at the end of the season.

That is for sure, as if this season hasn't been disappointing enough. If there is one fight I'd like to see with all of the trash talking.....

But I'm gonna say Marcus Jones wins the whole thing.

I hope "The Darkness" and "Fat Ass" Nelson meet in the final with Marcus knocking that smirk off of Roy's face for good......:headbang

94greenbandit
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I forgot to mention the rumor is Kimbo will be fighting Houston Alexander at the finale, I hope has learned a LOT since the show......:stare

I hope "The Darkness" and "Fat Ass" Nelson meet in the final with Marcus knocking that smirk off of Roy's face for good......:headbang

Not that a ground game would matter in this fight. It is gonna be like he is back in the streets :chair:

Actually I hope Roy doesn't even make it to the finals. That would better justify he is washed up. I agree that I wan't to see Marcus win. The previews look like he is wanting to tear off Mitriones head. I would hate to see what happens when he gets into the ring next

Car Guy
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Actually I hope Roy doesn't even make it to the finals. That would better justify he is washed up.

I would rather see Nelson loose in the finals to Marcus, then millions of people can see how pathetic he now is.....:thumbsup

T-Bag
11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Stopped watching it after the 2nd episode. These guys all blow IMO.

Car Guy
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Stopped watching it after the 2nd episode. These guys all blow IMO.

Admit it Tyler, you are Kimblo's #1 fan.....:shades

Car Guy
12-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Well well well, was I the only one who watched the semi-exciting 2 hour episode tonight...??? :D

Yooformula
12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I stopped watching 3 weeks ago. who won?

Car Guy
12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
I stopped watching 3 weeks ago. who won?

Nobody as of yet, today was the final episode and this Saturday is the final. The two finalists are Brendan Schaub & Roy Nelson who both looked much more impressive in their semi-final fights tonight. Besides that Kimbo will be fighting Houston Alexander and an exciting surprise will be Marcus 'The Darkness' Jones against Matt Mitrione......

Yooformula
12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I couldnt stand to watch mitrione or nelson, I hope they get smacked up! I so hope to see Kimbo humble houston again. I love when his big mouth gets checked by a ko.

Exitspeed
12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
FUCK I'm so pissed Big Baby lost. Damn I hate Big Country. He did the SAME exact shit he did in the first fight. I'm glad Sweeney lost. That's what you get for show boating.

Sat should be an AWESOME event for free.

awsomeears
12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Was great when sweeney was like " come on punch me " and roy did and you could see it rolled his eyes back a bit.

Favorite Quote

" yo man baby is the nicest guy but he WILL KILL YOU "

LOL

Car Guy
12-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Just watched the weigh-in and Big Country lost his belly.....:stare

T-Bag
12-04-2009, 10:35 PM
nm forgot about the whole catchweight thing...

Irish
12-05-2009, 08:32 AM

Car Guy
12-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Yea... like 1/3 of it lol......

I was referring to the part that jiggled......:rolf

Irish
12-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Car Guy
12-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Is anyone getting together tonight to watch the fight...???

94greenbandit
12-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Nope, going to Fletchers tonight and then dinner with a bunch of people from my subdivision

Irish
12-05-2009, 08:26 PM

moels
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Alexander is going to destroy Slice. I can't even believe they made this match.

moels
12-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow, Alexander is fighting like Dana paid him to lose.......WTF?

moels
12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Now I'm totally convinced after Alexander hits that kick and doesn't go for the kill. What a bullshit way to promote Kimbo. UFC is really starting to suck balls.

T-Bag
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Now I'm totally convinced after Alexander hits that kick and doesn't go for the kill. What a bullshit way to promote Kimbo. UFC is really starting to suck balls.

No Houston Alexander just sucks that bad. Seriously.

What a SHIT fucking card. These guys don't belong in UFC, none of these fuckin shitheads on this season of TUF belong in the UFC except maybe Roy Nelson.

Karps TA
12-05-2009, 09:51 PM
I got dizzy watching that umm fight if that's what you want to call it. Bascially 12 minutes of a dude sidestepping in a circle. Is that move called a Jerry Bruckheimer?

mr.gone1985
12-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Alexander is going to destroy Slice. I can't even believe they made this match.

What a boring match. :sleep

Irish
12-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Irish
12-05-2009, 10:24 PM

That_Guy
12-05-2009, 10:58 PM
HOLY SHIT ROY NELSON WITH THE FREAKIN HANDBOMB....

kimbo also looked decent tonight for sure

Lash
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM

:rolleyes:

It was completely obvious that he was scared of Kimbo's power.

Lash
12-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I am a fan of "Big baby" I just wish he didn't have a glass jaw.

No shit! I don't think MMA is his thing with a jaw like that. Thats two HARD K.O.'s in a row.

Irish
12-05-2009, 11:04 PM

Irish
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM

Irish
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM

94greenbandit
12-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Big Baby really needs to work on his head bobbing skills.

Schaub got rocked really good.

I thought Houston wasn't afraid of anybody, anyways Kimbo looked like he has improved his wrestling. I love those couple of slams that he did to Houston

Yooformula
12-06-2009, 12:54 AM
havent seen this yet but iirc, Houston got knocked out twice before now right? his chin is very suspect and I wouldnt have been surprised to see him hesitant to engage Kimbo.

Yooformula
12-06-2009, 02:22 AM
finally saw the fight and damm! You could feel the body shots that Kimbo gave Houston, like he broke shit all up inside of his ribcage and those body slams....dear lord! I dont think he had brain cells left after the first over head body slam.

Exitspeed
12-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Pretty damn good event.

First, Big Baby has a glass jaw, and I personally think he's done fighting. He said at the end of the show that he thought he was done. So it was a surprise that he was fighting lastnight. He's not gonna be able to get ride of getting knocked out everytime he takes a clean hit. I like him, but now don't really have faith in him.

I can't believe Alexander. It was PLAINLY obvious he was scared as hell of Kimbo. But you know what his strategy reminded me of? that everyone thinks is so damn good? MACHIDA! Go back and watch his fight with Tito. He did almost the SAME thing. Ran around the ring and then threw a leg kick. And he won that way and everyone was saying how genius the strategy was. BORING is my explanation. Either way, Kimbo looked like a monster ont eh ground and NO ONE expected that. That IMO was the second biggest surprise of the night.

The Biggest surprise was that Big Country's big fat ass won. But hey, people get caught. It happens. Now that he won I'm really bummed out that Lesner won't be in for a long time. Between Lesner and Big Country Lesner is the lesser of two evils for me. He's strong enough that I dont' think Bi Country's strategy of laying on a dude would work with Lenser.

Anyway, great event that was free.

94greenbandit
12-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I don't think that Big country will have that type of dvantage of laying on people in this division in the UFC. Too many good heavyweights to let that happen to them. I know you can say that that is what Lesnar does but Lesnar also has a lot of strength to keep someone down, I don't think BC has that kind of strength to do that

Lash
12-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Roys big fight in the UFC will be against Mir. Roy defeats Mir in 2010 by submission. You heard it here first. ;)

Car Guy
12-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I love those couple of slams that he did to Houston

The first two slams were outstanding but the third attempt right at the end of round two resulted in Houston landing on top of Kimbo. It probably hurt Kimbo more than Houston but all three slams took a LOT of energy out of Kimbo. Overall I was very impressed with Kimbo and thought he was about to win the fight more than once in the second round.....

Roys big fight in the UFC will be against Mir. Roy defeats Mir in 2010 by submission. You heard it here first. ;)

Right after the fight that's exactly what I said and would love to see it happen. Nelson defeated Mir not all that long ago and it would be a great re-match of sorts.....

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Pretty damn good event.

First, Big Baby has a glass jaw, and I personally think he's done fighting. He said at the end of the show that he thought he was done. So it was a surprise that he was fighting lastnight. He's not gonna be able to get ride of getting knocked out everytime he takes a clean hit. I like him, but now don't really have faith in him.

I can't believe Alexander. It was PLAINLY obvious he was scared as hell of Kimbo. But you know what his strategy reminded me of? that everyone thinks is so damn good? MACHIDA! Go back and watch his fight with Tito. He did almost the SAME thing. Ran around the ring and then threw a leg kick. And he won that way and everyone was saying how genius the strategy was. BORING is my explanation. Either way, Kimbo looked like a monster ont eh ground and NO ONE expected that. That IMO was the second biggest surprise of the night.

The Biggest surprise was that Big Country's big fat ass won. But hey, people get caught. It happens. Now that he won I'm really bummed out that Lesner won't be in for a long time. Between Lesner and Big Country Lesner is the lesser of two evils for me. He's strong enough that I dont' think Bi Country's strategy of laying on a dude would work with Lenser.

Anyway, great event that was free.

Go back and watch the Machida vs Ortiz fight again, that was FAR from what Machida did. Machida picked apart Ortiz REALLY bad, like made him look like a tool, Alexander did absolutely nothing but circle and throw weakass leg kicks that did 0 damage (except the one that dropped Kimbo). But then again, we're both biased as I'm a Machida fan and you're an Ortiz fan :)

Alexander was like Caleb Starnes a year back, just blatantly running away. Guess what happened to Starnes? He got fired that very night. Alexander is done with the UFC.

Big Baby is absolutely TERRIBLE. He doesn't belong in a cage/ring.

Big Country will be a non-factor in the heavyweight division and will fizzle out after 2 fights most likely. But hey, he could surprise us all.

That event sucked balls, shitty fighters, disqualifications, and fat flying around. Looked worse than a Strikeforce show.

Irish
12-06-2009, 12:16 PM

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 12:21 PM
It was better than some of the paid events I have been seeing lately.

As sad as the PPV's have been (except 106, which was pure awesome), I disagree.

I was almost embarrassed to watch that amateur shit :rolf

Irish
12-06-2009, 12:31 PM

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, I guess we will agree to disagree. I don't know why you would be embarrassed. Are you a fighter?

haha Absolutely not, don't you ever get the douche chills when watching something that SHOULD be good, only for it to turn out shitty and trying to explain to someone "Oh its usually better than this..."?

Exitspeed
12-06-2009, 12:52 PM
haha Absolutely not, don't you ever get the douche chills when watching something that SHOULD be good, only for it to turn out shitty and trying to explain to someone "Oh its usually better than this..."?

Haha, that's how I've felt all season with TUF. I got two people to finally watch it and one of them lost interest after the 3rd episode. And that's what I kept saying. The other stuck around to see the end of the season when it started getting better.

Irish
12-06-2009, 01:16 PM

Lash
12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm REALLY excited for the Sanchez/Penn fighr. That's one that I wouldn't put money on.

Lash
12-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Nelson defeated Mir not all that long ago and it would be a great re-match of sorts.....

That was several years ago......and it was a BJJ match. Granted Mir has gotten better sice then but that was a much smaller Roy handling Mir without the help of a fence. IMO, Roy has better stand-up also.

Hopefully Mir will get KO'd by Kongo so we can see this fight soon.

T-Bag
12-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm REALLY excited for the Sanchez/Penn fighr. That's one that I wouldn't put money on.

Yeah this should be a really good fight if Sanchez freaks out and brings his A game...which he should. I'd like to see Sanchez win but its just not computing in my head.

Florian vs Guida should be good too, hopefully a blood fest.

94greenbandit
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Sanchez said he is in the best shape of his life and if that is any indication of his cardio he just won't stop coming at BJ. Should be a great fight

Exitspeed
12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Go back and watch the Machida vs Ortiz fight again, that was FAR from what Machida did. Machida picked apart Ortiz REALLY bad, like made him look like a tool, Alexander did absolutely nothing but circle and throw weakass leg kicks that did 0 damage (except the one that dropped Kimbo). But then again, we're both biased as I'm a Machida fan and you're an Ortiz fan :)

It's a style I'm not fond of. It is SO boring and frustrating to watch. I hate when a fighter is so stand off that the other fighter actually has to taunt him to continue to attack. Machida is probably the best counter fighter in the sport right now. But IMO one of the least entertaining. Now Chuck Lidell (as much as I'm not a fan of him either) was also a counter puncher, but he was FAR more entertaining.

But you're right. I don't think either of us could convince the other the opposite when it comes to Ortiz and Machida. ;)

T-Bag
12-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Sanchez said he is in the best shape of his life and if that is any indication of his cardio he just won't stop coming at BJ. Should be a great fight

Have you ever noticed a pattern that every fighter says "I'm in the best condition of my life" for EVERY fight? Haha

94greenbandit
12-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah but I have never seen Diego gas out. Dude is always coming after his opponent

T-Bag
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
He gassed against Guida...but then again both of them gassed because how intense that fight was. I think Lance Armstrong would have gassed in that fight haha

Exitspeed
12-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I cant' stand Guida either. Dudes style just aggravates me.

T-Bag
12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah bot a fan bof Gyuida but usually his matches are fun to watch and he knows how to work the crowd.

94greenbandit
12-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Thta dude seems very crazy

1fast2litre
12-08-2009, 12:44 PM

Guida is awesome! He is funny as hell if you ever get to meet him :thumbsup

Exitspeed
12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah bot a fan bof Gyuida but usually his matches are fun to watch and he knows how to work the crowd.

Thta dude seems very crazy

He's just so unorthodox it drives me crazy. Like I think he doesn't know what hes doing. I know he does, but his style just looks juvenile to me.

Guida is awesome! He is funny as hell if you ever get to meet him :thumbsup

I'm sure he's a nice guy. He actually seems like he would be.

94greenbandit
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
So then you probably don't like Jon Bones Jones either because he has a weird style too ;)