PDA

View Full Version : No patience with TW

lordairgtar
11-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Today the kids got a new HD Sony and had to go to the stupid TW store and get the new box to be compatible with the fucking TV. The damn thing wont initialize and the tech I talked to on the phone couldn't find her ass with a map. She kept telling us to plug into columns of connectors that did not exist in the place she said they were. I want to have them send a guy here today and fix it...they tell me it's going to be over a week before they can send someone out. Anybody got any ideas? The apartment does allow dish to be mounted and U verse isn't in muskego yet

Russ Jerome
11-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Your not using component cables are you? The easiest and best picture will be a single HDMI output to your tv's HDMI source input.

As far as TW, I've been putting off swapping out my box for weeks, hate going in there so I'm watching every other channel, others are so broken up they are useless :(

Korndogg
11-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I just added a box to my plan and it took less than 10 minutes in the store?

Holeshot
11-27-2009, 07:11 PM
^^^ Side Arms tend to intimidate counter people. :rolf

Russ Jerome
11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
When they asked you what you needed you were a spending customer, front of the line. With your money gone and you return with the broken box you become one of us, wait in line and you get the idiot employee telling you it your TV not the box :)

03Seville
11-27-2009, 08:08 PM
What type of box did you get? Some of the HD boxes don't support HDMI so you have to go component.

Where are you stuck at right now? I could prob walk you through it on here without any major confusion.

Btw I am a TW tech for those of you who don't know me.

Ricky Bobby
11-27-2009, 10:09 PM
same here i work at twc and am working tomm if u dont get it figured out lmk did they give u a hd box is there red,green,blue then a black,red,white next to it to input the component cables if u got a reg digi box they wont have the connections they were trying to talk u threw

lordairgtar
11-28-2009, 12:33 AM
I have the Pioneer box without DVR. I see the Red Green Blue connections. We tried the grey three lesd cable they gave us for the box. I also got a hold of a tech on the phone who actually didn't sound like a douche nozzle like the first one was. She is having a tech out to the apartment tomorrow to look at things. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. If they don't get it working tomorrow, I'll be PMing. Trouble with Ed (Step-daughter's husband) is he has to undercut and contradict everything someone says like he knows shit. I just told him to STFU and do as the tech suggested. He won't be here tomorrow so I will get this resolved with the tech.

T-Bag
11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I love when the Time Warner techs come out and say "Don't use HDMI, its a really bad design" and just throw you a set of component cables no matter what issue you have, when everything under the sun BESIDES time warner's boxes works fantastic with HDMI.

Ricky Bobby, do you work customer service? Give me a PM if you do, our bill is ridiculously high IMO.

Russ Jerome
11-28-2009, 01:11 PM
I see the Red Green Blue connections. We tried the grey three lesd cable they gave us for the box.

Why are you using component cables with your HD tv?
One HDMI cord from box to TV and done. I may biotch about TW but I would put my Samsung picture against a Pioneer using a dish anyday.

I have both HDMI and Component cables run between the two, can swap inputs at a touch of the button, no comparison on HD channels (planet earth will make you think you can smell the flower!).

Korndogg
11-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Ricky Bobby, do you work customer service? Give me a PM if you do, our bill is ridiculously high IMO.

no hes a tech

03Seville
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I love when the Time Warner techs come out and say "Don't use HDMI, its a really bad design" and just throw you a set of component cables no matter what issue you have, when everything under the sun BESIDES time warner's boxes works fantastic with HDMI.

It's not the fact that he can't use an HDMI with TW, it's because the pioneer HD boxes don't have an HDMI output on them. Some people can run HDMI and never have an issue with anything, but in certain situations we do have to use component.

lordairgtar
11-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech was here and got everything working to par. Box was bad even after he got it receiving channels. It would not talk back to source. I guess it has to communicate back when ordering pay per view and stuff like that. He even replaced a funky power cord that was not staying in its own receptacle. I'm happy now.

05caddyext
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Don't worry, TW isn't the only pain in the a$$ out there. Charter is just as bad service wise. I transferred services from one address to another, didn't add anything, didn't take anything away, miraculously my bill is not $9 higher than it was. Answer from charter - "Sorry."

T-Bag
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
I think we can all come to the conclusion that all premium TV servies suck complete ballsack in their own ways.

Got Boost
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM

Ricky Bobby, do you work customer service? Give me a PM if you do, our bill is ridiculously high IMO.When I had TWC their HDMI DID suck ,, I had handshake issues with my processor..and that was a year ago...And TWC said at that time they had no real suport for HDMI..but that was a year ago...Ithink at the time it was a bad design for the boxes TWC were using..

wrath
11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
TWC is one of the shadiest companies out there. I changed nothing when I moved except addresses... not only did they charge me $10 to move but then my cable bill went up $22. I'm entirely convinced that they bill you based on where you live--in an expensive subdivision you pay more.

And the developmentally disabled "techs" (80% of them are clearly flunkies) that come to your house prefer F-connectors/75ohm cable or component cables because it always works. That way they can go back outside after 15 minutes and SMS text their buddies for another 105 minutes before heading to their next "job".

Ricky Bobby
11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
TWC is one of the shadiest companies out there. I changed nothing when I moved except addresses... not only did they charge me $10 to move but then my cable bill went up $22. I'm entirely convinced that they bill you based on where you live--in an expensive subdivision you pay more.

And the developmentally disabled "techs" (80% of them are clearly flunkies) that come to your house prefer F-connectors/75ohm cable or component cables because it always works. That way they can go back outside after 15 minutes and SMS text their buddies for another 105 minutes before heading to their next "job".

actually your wrong like usual, have a nice day

wrath
11-29-2009, 04:57 PM
actually your wrong like usual the bill varies depending on where u live, each place charges a different rate to let u have twc in it so as a buisness that price is passed on the customer, and we didnt support hdmi for a long time cause our boxes had issues with them why would we support something that we know is gonna cause us problems till we can fix them. As for the techs im sure everyone at ur job is a friggin brain surgeon right every job has there slackers and also every job has there good techs so what ur saying is that twc only has the flunkies as u call it no body else hmm weird cause i see them all over the place, have a nice day

I live within one mile of where I used to. Same ZIP code. The only difference is I lived in a 1980s-built area and now I live in a 2000s-built area. And my cable bill went up.

You didn't support HDMI for a long time because your shady company bought crappy boxes and/or the field people had never seen these newfangled connectors before. Thankfully no one decided to include DVI-D or DVI-I, single or dual, on the boxes. I can just imagine someone trying to use a DVI-I to VGA adapter trying to get a DVI-D output on the VGA/15pin on someone's TV. Can definitely see a TWC "tech" with a Stanley knife trying to make it work by "fixing" the connector.

There are tons of TWC "techs" because it takes five of them to do the job of one. It's called the Pareto Principle. Just because you're one of the 20% doesn't mean you're not surrounded by 80% tards at your place.

03Seville
11-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I live within one mile of where I used to. Same ZIP code. The only difference is I lived in a 1980s-built area and now I live in a 2000s-built area. And my cable bill went up.

You didn't support HDMI for a long time because your shady company bought crappy boxes and/or the field people had never seen these newfangled connectors before. Thankfully no one decided to include DVI-D or DVI-I, single or dual, on the boxes. I can just imagine someone trying to use a DVI-I to VGA adapter trying to get a DVI-D output on the VGA/15pin on someone's TV. Can definitely see a TWC "tech" with a Stanley knife trying to make it work by "fixing" the connector.

There are tons of TWC "techs" because it takes five of them to do the job of one. It's called the Pareto Principle. Just because you're one of the 20% doesn't mean you're not surrounded by 80% tards at your place.

Still gotta say thats wrong... Most TW techs know their job and know it well, just because certain TW equipment doesnt support HDMI doesnt mean that the techs who install/maintain the equipment are idiots. Being a tech requires a lot more than you give credit for. Some jobs do require a 2nd tech to come out but when you're saying 5 techs at one job your exaggerating excessively, I have yet to see one job where that many techs are needed.

Lash
11-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I think we can all come to the conclusion that all premium TV servies suck complete ballsack in their own ways.

/thread

Ricky Bobby
11-29-2009, 08:28 PM
have a nice day

Ricky Bobby
12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
to prove a point we are trying to keep prices down help out and voice ur opinion there.

http://www.rolloverorgettough.com

im not posting this to get flammed but it is gettin out of hand

lordairgtar
12-01-2009, 04:57 PM
to prove a point we are trying to keep prices down help out and voice ur opinion there.

http://www.rolloverorgettough.com

im not posting this to get flammed but it is gettin out of hand
I am in agreement on this one. Cable companies are in the driver seat and really can stand up to the networks to roll back their prices.

Ricky Bobby
12-01-2009, 06:21 PM
thanx