PDA

View Full Version : Man in ‘coma’ heard everything for 23 years

4I Notch
11-23-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34109227/ns/health-more_health_news/?GT1=43001

I can't imagine how hard this must have been for this guy.

badass88gt
11-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Torture.

GTSLOW
11-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow that is nuts.

Yooformula
11-24-2009, 02:06 AM
oh man that is so eerie!!! when I was in ICU ktfo after my first surgery, I could feel/hear people around me but I couldnt respond. There was a funny incident when my dad was hugging me and kissing my face with his beard and it felt like razors blades against my skin but I couldnt tell him to stop. I was screaming in my head and begging but everyone near me just saw me sleeping. When I finally woke up, I went off just yelling at him so bad...poor guy shaved immediately!..lol That is a HORRIBLE feeling, almost like a dream that you cant wake up from. fucking scary shit! I feel so bad for that guy to have to listen to all that shit going on around him probably begging his mother to not give up on him.

Red97GTP
11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow thats a horrible thing to go through! On the bright side, at least no one pulled the plug on him. I cant even imagine what would go through his mind knowing that would be happening.

Beagle
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow. insane........

PB86MCSS
11-24-2009, 05:54 PM
It's crazy but I'm highly skeptical that he is actually typing that....let's find out if his finger guides like that with other people to type words, I think his speach therapist or whoever has been assisting is behind that part of it. I believe his brain was likely active this whole time and he can understand things possibly, but anything more is probably bogus. Still amazing though, if that was me I'd have gone insane by now not being able to communicate but hear/see things for that long.