PDA

View Full Version : Eric Buell Racing

DynoTom
11-23-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.buell.com/en_us/company/

ERIK BUELL ESTABLISHES ERIK BUELL RACING
New Venture Will Build Buell 1125R-based Racing Motorcycles and Supply Parts

Milwaukee, Wis. -- (Friday, November 20, 2009) Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) announced today that following the company’s recent decision to discontinue the Buell motorcycle product line, Erik Buell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer of Buell Motorcycle Company, will leave the company to establish Erik Buell Racing, an independent motorcycle race shop.

Erik Buell Racing will specialize in the supply of race-use-only Buell motorcycle parts and race preparation services for engines and motorcycles, and the building and sale of Buell® 1125R-based race-use-only motorcycles under license from Harley-Davidson, as well as providing technical support to racers of Buell motorcycles.

“I’m looking forward to helping Buell racers keep their bikes flying,” said Erik Buell. “We’ve got some exciting race development projects in the works and it will mean a lot to me personally to see Buell racers competing for wins and championships in the 2010 season and beyond.”

“I’m pleased that Harley-Davidson is assisting Erik in establishing this business to continue supporting the racing efforts he has had so much passion for over the years,” said Buell President and COO Jon Flickinger. “Harley-Davidson and the Buell Motorcycle Company will always be proud of their affiliation with Erik, and we wish him well in this new endeavor to support Buell racers.”

Erik Buell Racing will be based in East Troy, Wisconsin and will be staffed by Erik Buell and a veteran team of personnel. For more information, after December 1, 2009, contact:

Erik Buell Racing, LLC
2799 Buell Drive, Unit C
East Troy, WI 53120
www.erikbuellracing.com

GTSLOW
11-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I hope my uncle gets picked up to stay with the team.

GTSLOW
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
www.erikbuellracing.com

Been up for 3 days and already 15.2k views.

Crawlin
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Yep, I talked with a couple of Buell employees the past two weekends at House of Harley. They were picking up some 1125r's for their personal use. One of them had been working with the race team stuff at Buell, so he's hoping that Erik pulls him over to EBR.

SHould be very cool!

WickedSix
11-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I hope my uncle gets picked up to stay with the team.

seeing as Tim has been with him since the begining and the job he had i'd be surprised if he wasn't part of the new scene

GTSLOW
11-24-2009, 06:33 PM
seeing as Tim has been with him since the begining and the job he had i'd be surprised if he wasn't part of the new scene

For sure. I know the last time I spoke with him all he was doing was making race parts.

I'll have to give him a call.

Crawlin
11-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I need a full race fairing set for an 1125 R at something more reasonable than a $1200 dealer cost, hahaha

HOOK IT UP NAN!!!!

I need the "was going in the garbage discount", haha

pOrk
11-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Buell + racing = lol

Crawlin
11-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Same could be said for Aprilia, when's the last time they have won anything, haha. It's funny no one mentions anything about them in the class even though they are running at the same cc as the Buell's, but because the Buell's won, they get all the shit talked about them.

Got to remember how long Buell has been racing, just not in the main AMA classes. All those endurance races and V-Twin thunderbike classes.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-25-2009, 07:57 AM
i heard this on 620 the other day. cool to hear. never know, if harley starts making their stuff affordable and people start buying them again, maybe we will once again see Buell back to making production bikes?!?!?

Crawlin
11-25-2009, 08:04 AM
The one thing Harley should learn from all this, was if they want to sell Buell's, they need to be priced at HALF the current MSRP's. That's what it took to unload all of the current ones on dealer lots. $13,500 MSRP for those 1125's is just rediculous.

GTSLOW
11-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Buell + racing = lol

Hater

pOrk
11-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Same could be said for Aprilia, when's the last time they have won anything, haha. It's funny no one mentions anything about them in the class even though they are running at the same cc as the Buell's, but because the Buell's won, they get all the shit talked about them.

Got to remember how long Buell has been racing, just not in the main AMA classes. All those endurance races and V-Twin thunderbike classes.

Aprilia is over priced crap, nobody cares about them because of it.

Also, Buell racing their 1125 against 600cc bikes is like racing your Twin Turbo Poopra against an Aveo

Crawlin
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't have a twin turbo supra, hahaha.

See, we agree on something, the Aprilia and the Buell are on the same level, haha

pOrk
11-25-2009, 02:34 PM
I know YOU don't just comparing apples to oranges as everyone does when they claim Buell win's races.

juicedimpss
11-25-2009, 03:20 PM
I know YOU don't just comparing apples to oranges as everyone does when they claim Buell win's races.

that makes no sense,your comparision of a TT supra vs aveo.

an 1125r makes like 135 to the wheel,which is similar to a 600 import bike.
you first say the buell makes no power,then you also say it makes a ton more power than its "competition"

GTSLOW
11-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Also, Buell racing their 1125 against 600cc bikes is like racing your Twin Turbo Poopra against an Aveo

What's the HP rating of your 600cc? What's the max RPM of your 600cc???

Exactly. Also your comparison is completely off. Where's the liberal motorcyclist stew when you need him. :asshole

DynoTom
11-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Yep, that's what it comes down to .....any engine is just a air pump , the more air you can pump the more power you get....The Buell spins less rpm than the jap bike does and the Buell has more CC's to in the end make it equal as far as how much air they are both moving....It's not fair to say the Buell has more CC's than the Jap bikes and not figure in that the Jap bikes are turning much faster RPMs than the Buell is...

pOrk
11-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Lets retard the entire racing series just so Buell can race too! Welcome to Obamaland

GTSLOW
11-26-2009, 02:09 PM
:rolf Finally something I can disagree with you.

pOrk
11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
:) It was bound to happen sooner or later

GTSLOW
11-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Yep, that's what it comes down to .....any engine is just a air pump , the more air you can pump the more power you get....The Buell spins less rpm than the jap bike does and the Buell has more CC's to in the end make it equal as far as how much air they are both moving....It's not fair to say the Buell has more CC's than the Jap bikes and not figure in that the Jap bikes are turning much faster RPMs than the Buell is...

What these sallys fail to relize is Erik Buell racing is a TINY company. Competing with huge international bike companies. That have 7+ digits to spend on research, devolpement, etc..