PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Krytox

wrath
11-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Where can I find Krytox? It's made for DuPont and is the equivalent to teflon/PTFE but in liquid form. There are different kinds, I'm looking for the 100% liquid kind, not the gel or a blend.

I've been looking for it but it's not easy to find. I can buy it online but I'd rather buy it in person because I want to make sure I get the liquid kind (not the gel kind) if I don't get it from a GM dealership. The one dealership I called quoted me full price, it's worth about $45.

The stuff is nice because it tends to soak into things and doesn't evaporate. It also doesn't make things greasy like lithium grease, dielectric grease, or silicone spray.

GM, Volkswagen, Toyota, et cetera all use it in some form for door seals, convertible tops, sunroofs, and as a squeak eliminator. It tends to be difficult to get because it can make you very sick.

I lost my bottle (so what else is new, farkin' everything went AWOL after moving twice) and could use another bottle as my door seals in my truck are driving me up the wall.

The bottle looks like this:
http://gmt900.wrath.org/img/gmparts/3634770_krytox.gif

03CVLX
11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
a 1 oz bottle costs $45 bucks :wow I hope thats some really good stuff.

wrath
11-21-2009, 05:02 PM
The funny part is VW sells the same thing for over $100.

It works really well. It soaks into the surface of the weatherstrip so the weatherstrip doesn't feel oily. It is also a natural water repellent. I've done about 20 cars with my old bottle and it was over half full.