PDA

View Full Version : New phone from US cellular

Larrygto
11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
I call to cancel because my wife didn't like any of their phones and the tech said to wait cause they had a new touch screen that doesnt require a smart phone charge coming out any day now. Does anybody know what phone this is?

Feature Pony
11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
The motorola Crush. its a neat little phone.

moels
11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
From what I read, it comes out tomorrow?? And not data plan needed??

I was going to leave UScellular to get a better phone, but I want to see this one first. I can't find a pic or anything online.

Larrygto
11-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Plus all phones are free black friday and the weekend!!

moels
11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Plus all phones are free black friday and the weekend!!

Really? Where is this info?

Larrygto
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I got a flyer in the mail today.Or search us cellular black friday.

moels
11-18-2009, 08:58 PM
I got a flyer in the mail today.Or search us cellular black friday.

Thanks for the info.

Feature Pony
11-19-2009, 01:43 PM
The crush should be on the store shelfs today

07ROUSHSTG3
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
this is great news. i was going to switch to verizon, but may check this out.

moels
11-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Called tonight to see what I could do. I am not at a time in my contract where I can upgrade so it would cost me $105 to do so. With the rebate the Crush would cost me $79. So basically $185 to get the phone and then whatever plan I go with. One thing, there is a delay because Motorola sent the wrong hand sets to the stores. I will wait and go on Black Friday and see what kind of deal I can pull off.

Waver
11-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Called tonight to see what I could do. I am not at a time in my contract where I can upgrade so it would cost me $105 to do so. With the rebate the Crush would cost me $79. So basically $185 to get the phone and then whatever plan I go with. One thing, there is a delay because Motorola sent the wrong hand sets to the stores. I will wait and go on Black Friday and see what kind of deal I can pull off.

i am ready to extend mine....going to go on black friday

GOOD LS1
11-20-2009, 09:59 AM
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Motorola-Crush-phone-p_4251.html

moels
11-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I was able to reserve a Crush at the store I visited the other day and will pick it up tomorrow. You pay $50 for the phone and get a $50 mail in rebate, so the phone essentially is free of charge.

moels
11-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Anyone else end up getting the Crush? I got mine and it's pretty cool.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-30-2009, 07:58 AM
got my wife one, she likes it.

Larrygto
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
My wife got one and hates it, were changing it tomrorow.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
^^^
what doesn't she like about it?

T-Bag
11-30-2009, 04:27 PM
My girlfriend ended up picking one up. I really don't like it at all, then again I'm not a fan of touch screens either...however the touch screen seemed really shitty on the Crush.

Motorola phones are junk, always have been.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Motorola phones are junk, always have been.

i still miss my original razor. i loved that phone.

T-Bag
11-30-2009, 04:42 PM
i still miss my original razor. i loved that phone.

Oh God don't get me started on the Razr

I went through FIVE of those fucking things during my two year contract, no exaggeration. If you even slightly dropped the phone the screens would either explode, or the keypad would stop working. The electrical connection between the phone and the flip-up screen would end up getting fucked up and you'd lose the screen. Also the batteries sucked complete ballsack along with the charging port failures.

This applies to all the Razr based phones, Rokr, Krzr, etc.

moels
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't know if it's the phone I don't like or the easyedge internet stuff. I am use to my kids Itouch and I thought I would be able to do the apps thing on the Crush, the internet isn't very easy to navigate, and I can receive email through my roadrunner account but can't send it.

This maybe due to me having to play with it more, but the easyedge crap really doesn't seem too great. I'm really thinking of exchanging it for another phone or cancelling the contract and going elsewhere.

moels
11-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Adding to what I was saying above, I can download apps, but they are 3 min. demos or you have to pay a monthly fee or whatever. My kid has umpteen free apps on his Itouch.

Waver
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh God don't get me started on the Razr

I went through FIVE of those fucking things during my two year contract, no exaggeration. If you even slightly dropped the phone the screens would either explode, or the keypad would stop working. The electrical connection between the phone and the flip-up screen would end up getting fucked up and you'd lose the screen. Also the batteries sucked complete ballsack along with the charging port failures.

This applies to all the Razr based phones, Rokr, Krzr, etc.

noooo, never had that problem with the origional razr phone.....the razr2....now that is a pile of shit, I had one, never dropped, where the buttons started not to work, and then seperate the screen from the key pad on me when trying to answer a call, and another (which is now being used as an alarm clock) start to crack and buttons not working (once again never dropped). Went in and finally got my BlackBerry curve, in red....much better phone....a little tricky, but still not bad.....in time I will be able to use it to its full ability

Larrygto
12-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Turns out my wifes Crush was defective, so she got a new one we'll see if she likes this one any better?

moels
12-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I think this Crush should have come with a pen included, some of the stuff is hard to tap. Otherwise, not a bad phone but I expected better. I will give it til Monday and see if I want to keep it or exchange it or kabosh USCellular altogether.