PDA

View Full Version : D.O.T. / Push-To-Connect fittings

wrath
11-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Where can I find some D.O.T./Push to Connect fittings in the Waukesha area? Do the Napa stores around these parts carry them?

I need an elbow that takes 1/4" OD tube with a 1/4NPT on the other end for my airbags. Farkin' stamped-steel Chinese crap won't seal and I only had one new brass one sitting around.

SLOWC5
11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
we have a bunch at my work, or Price engineering in hartland, or Hyquip in waukesha by walmart and goodwill

Russ Jerome
11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Truck dealers and repair shop will have them, Peterbuilt right on Silvernail is the first I think off in Wauk.

wrath
11-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, guys. I wrote them all down and during my travels for buying stuff for work I added them as a stop.

Stopped at Badger Utility on Silvernail, they didn't have them. Went to Peterbilt on Silvernail and they had them, but they were tall and had a lot of plastic.

Went to Fastenal on 74 and they had two different kinds, one was probably DOT rated and made in Italy and one was probably not and made in Taiwan. I bought the "probably not" because it looked better than the ones that came with my airbags and the Italy ones were in a bag of five for like $40. Anyway, fixed my airbag leak.

Jeff, do you guys have a "retail" part of your business? Seems like it was commercial when I was there, but to be honest I was looking more at the trucks and the burnout marks in the lot.