PDA

View Full Version : More CL Amusement.....

Car Guy
11-16-2009, 11:17 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/1469520358.html

YOUR RARE COLLECTOR MUSCLE CAR? (DREAMLAND USA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-11-16, 10:53PM CST
Reply to: sale-pups2-1469520358@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GET REAL WITH YOUR PRICING OR PUT IT BACK IN THE GARAGE!
CLASSIC CAR REALITY CHECK..

THE MISUSE OF TERMS USED TO TRY AND SELL A COMMON CAR JUST SHOWS THE IGNORANCE THAT EXISTS IN THE COLLECTOR CAR WORLD.

NADA, KELLY, AND APPRAISALS ARE NOT A REPRESENTATION OF WHAT REAL PEOPLE WITH MONEY ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR YOUR CAR.

They never made a collector edition 84 Corvette and glass tops are not rare. They never made a targa top "convertible" and cars with over 50,000 miles on them rarely become museum pieces.
After 1976, Trans-Am's with anything other than 400/4spds are garbage and not every one is a Bandit. 80's and 90's Shelby badged Chargers are a discrace to the name and heritage of the nameplate. The G.M. 4+3 transmissions are junk, not collectable or rare.
How about the owners of these NEW "Hemi Orange" Challenger's stating they are rare when every one I see is Orange. "NEW" Shelby Mustangs are in there 4th year of production so I guess the guys who payed 10k over sticker will have to claim they have a rare and collectable car even though they made 10,000 of them and are still being offered new on the lot? Why would you pay a premium for an abused HERTZ rental Shelby Mustang? History rarely repeats itself and I guess this methodology would support recreating old baseball cards or artwork and asking the same money as the originals.

The Barrett-Jackson T.V. auctions have tainted peoples brains when it comes to reality of the value of there cars.......

Here's a flash! (Books don't buy cars, people do!)
People if you want to sell your car,

GET REAL WITH YOUR PRICES!

Maybe someday that hideous "Rare Gold" 1986 Corvette with the targa "convertible" top and the garbage 4+3 transmission with one stuck headlight and the crackly Bose radio with the 101,000 low miles for $15,000. (no low ballers) will finally find a home..........

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1469520358

GTSLOW
11-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Interesting. What's a 4+3 transmission?

wrath
11-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Interesting. What's a 4+3 transmission?

Gear splitter. It's just an overdrive (or underdrive) bolted to the back of the transmission. Or in some cases between the transmission and transfer case. It's basically a second two-speed transmission.

Gear Vendors and Klune-V are probably the most popular.

84hurst
11-17-2009, 08:09 AM
The guy does make some good points. Sounds like he has it out some Corvette guy though!

Waver
11-17-2009, 09:09 AM
well I think the shelby shit (except for what he said about the shelby gt and the gt500) is a little bit off...I mean how can it be a disgrace if carrol shelby has one in his garage?

wrath
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
well I think the shelby shit (except for what he said about the shelby gt and the gt500) is a little bit off...I mean how can it be a disgrace if carrol shelby has one in his garage?

You've got to be kidding me. If he didn't, that would be like Bill Gates running Slackware on his PC and Android on his mobile phone.

Waver
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
You've got to be kidding me. If he didn't, that would be like Bill Gates running Slackware on his PC and Android on his mobile phone.

To my knowledge from what I have read, he drives the 86 glhs and the csx on a regular baisis ass clown

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
To my knowledge from what I have read, he drives the 86 glhs and the csx on a regular baisis ass clown

Lol. He was saying WHY WOULDN'T the designer of the car OWN one?

If I create a poopie flavored popsicle that everyone thinks is a piece of shit (lol) ... you're damn right I'm going to have a few at home because I think they're the cats ass!

Waver
11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Lol. He was saying WHY WOULDN'T the designer of the car OWN one?

If I create a poopie flavored popsicle that everyone thinks is a piece of shit (lol) ... you're damn right I'm going to have a few at home because I think they're the cats ass!

Yes he would own one because it bears his name. However, with reguards to your response to the statement that I made, what the hell does that have to do with the price of beans in China, Ryan? I said that he drives it on a regular baisis, where as he dosnt drive the series 1 with the aurora engine that much at all. With that being said, I guess he dosnt feel that a turbo omni or a turbo shadow that was 2nd in 0-60 times in 86 (after the GN) isnt a disgrace at all.

wrath
11-17-2009, 09:44 AM

Someone had a tall glass of stupid for breakfast. Re-read it, think about it for a minute, it'll come to you.

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 09:46 AM

You're delusional if you truly believe that the guy who's NAME is on the car would say "You're right - get that out of my garage, what a piece of junk!"

It can be a disgrace because it ... is.

Waver
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Someone had a tall glass of stupid for breakfast. Re-read it, think about it for a minute, it'll come to you.

You're delusional if you truly believe that the guy who's NAME is on the car would say "You're right - get that out of my garage, what a piece of junk!"

It can be a disgrace because it ... is.

Get both of your heads out of your asses and reread what I had said. He DRIVES the glhs and the csx on a REGULAR BAISIS! Do your homework on these cars and then call them a pos. Why would he drive something on a regular baisis if he feels that they are a disgrace?

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Go fuck yourself and read what YOU wrote

I don't care if Carroll Shelby has a Turbo Acclaim in his garage - it's still a turd.

Waver
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Go fuck yourself and read what YOU wrote

I don't care if Carroll Shelby has a Turbo Acclaim in his garage - it's still a turd.

For the third time Ryan, READ WHAT I FUCKING WROTE AFTER THAT!!!!!!!!!

wrath
11-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Get both of your heads out of your asses and reread what I had said. He DRIVES the glhs and the csx on a REGULAR BAISIS! Do your homework on these cars and then call them a pos. Why would he drive something on a regular baisis if he feels that they are a disgrace?

Seems like someone has been eating aforementioned Poo Popsicles (TM).

If anything, your reasoning would be sound if you said Jay Leno has a GLHS in his garage. Not the guy who designed it.

I should refrain from using similes and metaphors (since you don't get it) but if Shelby made airplanes for Lear and flew around in a Boeing, what would you think?

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
For the third time Ryan, READ WHAT I FUCKING WROTE AFTER THAT!!!!!!!!!

That's not what I'm picking on. I don't care what cars he drives. You said it cannot be a discrace if it's in his garage. I'm saying it's a horrid pile of crap no matter who's garage it's in.

So if Carroll Shelby has a 1993 Caravan in his garage... it's awesome?

Mudd Runner
11-17-2009, 10:00 AM
That's not what I'm picking on. I don't care what cars he drives. You said it cannot be a discrace if it's in his garage. I'm saying it's a horrid pile of crap no matter who's garage it's in.

if its a turbo 1993 caravan then yes it is awesome.

Waver
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Seems like someone has been eating aforementioned Poo Popsicles (TM).

If anything, your reasoning would be sound if you said Jay Leno has a GLHS in his garage. Not the guy who designed it.

I should refrain from using similes and metaphors (since you don't get it) but if Shelby made airplanes for Lear and flew around in a Boeing, what would you think?

Ok, because I know you are mentally slow I will speak slower and explain this to you. If I had a bunch of cars that had my name on the side and a few of them were a pos, then yes I would still have one, however I would keep it in the corner of my garage and NEVER DRIVE IT......that is right NEVER DRIVE IT....let me bold that for you because not only are you fucking retarded, but you also cant fucking read I WOULD NEVER DRIVE IT AND IT WOULD JUST SIT IN THE CORNER OF MY GARAGE.....SINCE HE DRIVES IT HE MUST NOT THINK IT IS A DISGRACE LIKE HE DOES THE SERIES 1....there that easy enough for you or do you need pictures as well?

Waver
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM

Fair, and I conceeded that in the post above, however since he drives the two on a regular baisis, he must not think that it is a huge pile of poo....wouldnt you agree?

wrath
11-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Ok, because I know you are mentally slow I will speak slower and explain this to you. If I had a bunch of cars that had my name on the side and a few of them were a pos, then yes I would still have one, however I would keep it in the corner of my garage and NEVER DRIVE IT......that is right NEVER DRIVE IT....let me bold that for you because not only are you fucking retarded, but you also cant fucking read I WOULD NEVER DRIVE IT AND IT WOULD JUST SIT IN THE CORNER OF MY GARAGE.....SINCE HE DRIVES IT HE MUST NOT THINK IT IS A DISGRACE LIKE HE DOES THE SERIES 1....there that easy enough for you or do you need pictures as well?

It'd make it seem like less of a failtacular specimen if he drove his biggest turds all the time, no? Shelby is an opportunistic asshole and it's only his ego that keeps him alive. So, if he made a giant piece of shit, say a 1989 Pontiac Lemans, he'd drive that too. Maybe even own five of them.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
i want to see proof that shelby drives those cars on a "daily basis". i don't beleive it, they are shitboxes.

shoooo32
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Shelby is a whore. He would put his name on adult diapers if he thought he could make a couple of bucks. For the record, all chrysler products from the 80's were garbage, including the ones graced with ol' shel's likeness.

Yeehaw
11-17-2009, 11:03 AM
i know several people who have turbo dodges and love them? those 2.2s will hold some boost....where is russ when you need him!

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
NeuFail

Yeehaw
11-17-2009, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHcxNJG7is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3O_xO1U6JE

and my favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-CADcY4KU

Waver
11-17-2009, 11:11 AM
NeuFail

Not so much, ryan. Yeah Shelby is a whore, however imo the glhs and the csx were not garbage. The early shelby chargers, yea they were crap, however the ones that were numbered, imo, were decent. Yes he drives them, however I can argue with what wraith said.

to think that this started from an opinion from having OWNED a 86 glhs....

Prince Valiant
11-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Carol has said himself that he was very proud of his years associated with Dodge. Particularly of the Omni GLHS, CSX, and Viper (of which he was a lead adviser for).

With the GLHS and CSX, both may have started from homely beginnings, but the end results were fairly dramatic. Both were considered at the time, the best a front wheel drive car could handle...putting front wheel drives right there with the likes of porsche 944's, Corvette's, and others considered among the best handling cars of the 80's. As far as top speed went, again, dramatic results were obtained, especially for the underrated CSX, which ran b/w 149-147mph, placing just behind the corvette, camaro, and turbo T/A in it's fastest american car test...and ahead of other such forces of the time including the Mustang, S/C t-bird, Firebird formula and more (and certainly faster than the other vaunted fwd performers of that year, the plymouth laser at some 142mph, and the olds cutlass calais 442 at ~ 135mph) . C&D would run one to a top speed of over 150mph :wow

To say they had things like awful interiors or full of rattles is specious too, as not many cars of that era got away with much better. The interiors of the CSX certainly is on par with the likes of the mustangs and camaros of the time. Even with 95,000 miles on it, it has no more rattles then most cars from the same years.

And given all this, it'd be one thing to say they were turds if they were expensive...but in the case of the CSX, you could get it for the same price as a base no-A/C mustang LX (sure, the mustang is more tempting to me to this day...but we're debating the turd-ness of the GLHS and CSX).

Nor were they particularly slow at the track...the CSX was capable of 14.8 @ 94mph bone stock...I know, because that's what mine ran (#500 of 500), and yes, I still own it. And that's with 2.3 60ft times....

Is the car refined? Oh heck no...but a turd? Far from it.

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
to think that this started from an opinion from having OWNED a 86 glhs....

So because You AND shelby have driven them... they're not turds?

Maybe you two should start the TwoDouche Racing Team with the slogan "Because WE THINK THESE ARE BADASS!"

Waver
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
So because You AND shelby have driven them... they're not turds?

Maybe you two should start the TwoDouche Racing Team with the slogan "Because WE THINK THESE ARE BADASS!"

No what i am saying is that it is a more educated opinion having owned one instead of passing them off as junk because you are just making that assumption. Ryan, you need to get off of your high horse and realize that people have opinions that differ from yours. A lot of times they come from fact, from ownership or from knowing someone who has owned one. I am willing to bet that you have never driven one, never ridden one, and except for one or two members of this site dont know of anyone who has owned one.

Ryan, keep on making your self look like an uninformed tool that is too closed minded to others opinions that differ from yours.

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
No what i am saying is that it is a more educated opinion having owned one instead of passing them off as junk because you are just making that assumption. Ryan, you need to get off of your high horse and realize that people have opinions that differ from yours. A lot of times they come from fact, from ownership or from knowing someone who has owned one. I am willing to bet that you have never driven one, never ridden one, and except for one or two members of this site dont know of anyone who has owned one.

Ryan, keep on making your self look like an uninformed tool that is too closed minded to others opinions that differ from yours.

Lolz. Yes, I have indeed driven TWO - both a track prepped car and a stock form car and I have no wish to ever drive one again. I don't have a problem with your opinion or anyone elses - opinions are like assholes and I wouldn't dare waste my time trying to force my ideas on anyone else.

well I think the shelby shit is a little bit off...I mean how can it be a disgrace if carrol shelby has one in his garage?

That statement holds as much water as me stating that Calvin Klein boxers are the BEST boxers because there is a pair supporting my gargantuan satchel right now.

I fail to see where I have argued with your opinion - in reality I was picking on your reasoning of why it was awesome. My true opinion is that there aren't many cars at all between 1975 - 1995 that I DO like - I think it was an awkward era for cars where neither looks or performance was a strong point. I'm not sure how that is the equivalent of being uninformed, either.

Chill out, Vanilla.

-stew-
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
My true opinion is that there aren't many cars at all between 1975 - 1995 that I DO like - I think it was an awkward era for cars where neither looks or performance was a strong point.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x189/humster21/foxes.jpg

You shush your mouth!

Car Guy
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM
YES!, another thread turned into a forum fight......:argue

Waver
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Lolz. Yes, I have indeed driven TWO - both a track prepped car and a stock form car and I have no wish to ever drive one again. I don't have a problem with your opinion or anyone elses - opinions are like assholes and I wouldn't dare waste my time trying to force my ideas on anyone else.

That statement holds as much water as me stating that Calvin Klein boxers are the BEST boxers because there is a pair supporting my gargantuan satchel right now.

I fail to see where I have argued with your opinion - in reality I was picking on your reasoning of why it was awesome. My true opinion is that there aren't many cars at all between 1975 - 1995 that I DO like - I think it was an awkward era for cars where neither looks or performance was a strong point. I'm not sure how that is the equivalent of being uninformed, either.

Chill out, Vanilla.

I see your point ryan, and I see your opinion as valid, as I have conceeded before. I went further to explain that Shelby dosnt feel that way as was stated by another poster. You are entitled to your opinion, as well as I am. To attack someone for their opinion is somthing entirely different.

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
You shush your mouth!

There are certainly exceptions. But even with mustangs, I'm just very picky and like MAYBE 1/20 cars that I see from that era.

-stew-
11-17-2009, 12:12 PM
There are certainly exceptions. But even with mustangs, I'm just very picky and like MAYBE 1/20 cars that I see from that era.

I understand what you're saying. That said I really like eighties shit. I think it's interesting that shit that was a HOT car 20 years ago would barely be noticed in today's market. It's kinda ridiculous how far we've come in recent decades.

Waver
11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
I understand what you're saying. That said I really like eighties shit. I think it's interesting that shit that was a HOT car 20 years ago would barely be noticed in today's market. It's kinda ridiculous how far we've come in recent decades.

True, infact, the mustang that had what 225 (and like 185hp at the rear as tested by MM&FF recently) was considered powerful at that hp back then.....today we have cars like the taurus eclipsing that, hell even eclipsing the hp of performance cars of even 6 years ago.

97z2801ss
11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
back to the topic, what that guys or girl wrote was pretty true about car prices and people thinking they are worth a zillion dollars

Waver
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
true, asking for what the car stickered for 20 years ago when it has a questionable mechanical history is nuts....Plus, putting misleading information in an ad to get that unsuspecting buyer is bullshit as well

Nix
11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd like to sample one of the above mentioned Poo Sickles. Im curious... :goof

lordairgtar
11-17-2009, 11:59 PM
I'd like to sample one of the above mentioned Poo Sickles. Im curious... :goof
Sounds like another Craiglist add. :wooo
BTW, I had a 84 Charger and it was one of the most reliable cars I owned.

Car Guy
11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
:chair:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1470592365.html

DynoTom
11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Shelby is a whore. He would put his name on adult diapers if he thought he could make a couple of bucks.

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

JaMichaels
11-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Had an 88 Turbo Shadow. By no means was it junk, had quite the technologies for it's day.

-stew-
11-18-2009, 10:22 PM
What tech? A shitty digital dash! A voive that tyold you your keys were in the ignition? Drum brakes?