PDA

View Full Version : UFC® 106 ORTIZ vs GRIFFIN 2......

Car Guy
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Pick `em...!!! :nutkick

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.Home&eid=2363

Tito Ortiz Vs. Forrest Griffin

Josh Koscheck Vs. Anthony Johnson

Amir Sadollah Vs. Phil Baroni

Luiz Cane Vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Karo Parisyan Vs. Dustin Hazelett

Ben Saunders Vs. Marcus Davis

Paulo Thiago Vs. Jacob Volkmann

Kendall Grove Vs. Jake Rosholt

Brock Larson Vs. Brian Foster

Caol Uno Vs. Fabricio Camoes

George Sotiropoulos Vs. Jason Dent

T-Bag
11-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Figts I care about:

Ortiz, Koscheck, Baroni, Lil' Nog.

Car Guy
11-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I'd be surprised if Kos takes out Rumble......

Yooformula
11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
If Phil Baroni cant beat Amir into the next country then he needs to retire finally. Has Amir even fought since winning the TUF? I dont remember seeing him fight yet.

Car Guy
11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
If Phil Baroni cant beat Amir into the next country then he needs to retire finally. Has Amir even fought since winning the TUF? I dont remember seeing him fight yet.

He fought someone at UFC 101 and lost......

Lash
11-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Tito
Johnson
Who cares

Exitspeed
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Tito Ortiz Vs. Forrest Griffin

Josh Koscheck Vs. Anthony Johnson

Amir Sadollah Vs. Phil Baroni

Paulo Thiago Vs. Jacob Volkmann

Kendall Grove Vs. Jake Rosholt

Man I want Tito to make a serious come back.

T-Bag
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I'd be surprised if Kos takes out Rumble......

I have a feeling koscheck will remember he's a wrestler this fight.

Also Johnson will weigh in at 182

T-Bag
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Also no love for Lil' Nogs ufc debut here :(

Exitspeed
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Also no love for Lil' Nogs ufc debut here :(

I'm not familiar enough with him to give a prediction.

Car Guy
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Johnson will weigh in at 182

How does Johnson for the second fight in a row weigh in OVER 170 and still get to fight at WW...??? :confused

Lash
11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
lol

Yesterday....
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/lesnar%20may%20never%20fight%20again.html

Today...
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003459.html

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Here are Shanes statements for those interested...
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003469.html

94greenbandit
11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
How does Johnson for the second fight in a row weigh in OVER 170 and still get to fight at WW...??? :confused

He hasn't weighed in yet for the fight. They won't do that until Friday. I am sure he will be fine this time.

I'm not familiar enough with him to give a prediction.

Lil Nog is little brother to heavyweight Nogueira

94greenbandit
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
TITO
JOHNSON
LIL NOG

Other than that who cares

Car Guy
11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Where is everyone watching the fight...??? I will be heading to Champps if nobody is hosting.....

T-Bag
11-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Who called it Koschek rembering he's a wrestler. Fuck "Rumble" in his overhyped *****-for-not-fighting-light heavyweight ass.

Any love for lil nog' now?

Car Guy
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
A cookie for you Tyler, however Koscheck must have also been an actor years ago. Yes the knee to his head was an illegal move but Koscheck wasn't touched and milked it like a dairy farmer. Johnson was the one who did get poked in the eye and was ready to go a few seconds later.....

I was VERY surprised with Sadalloh against the NY Dumb Ass, he picked apart that clown like many Turkeys will be this Thursday.....

Tito was Tito and reminded many people why he's a D-bag.....

T-Bag
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah his acting was pretty funny...in one camera angle it looks like the knee hit him square in the eye, but from the other it looks like it hit his arm and nothing actually touched his face.

Oh well!

Also, the Tito-Griffin fight was a prime example of why the scoring needs to be revamped....fucking 30-27 Griffin by one of the judges? lol.

One could argue Tito should have won that fight, personally I had Griffin winning round 1, losing 2, and winning 3 by far...but a lot of people (including Dana White and one of the judges) had Tito winning rounds 1 and 2 due to his takedowns and damage he did during those takedowns.

Baroni doesn't belong anywhere near MMA anymore, he was gassed after 30 seconds.

Lash
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
All I know is that I hate Kos even more now. That guy is such a punk bitch. He was getting worked before his 5 minute break for the mystery knee to the eye.

The UFC has been a joke lately.

94greenbandit
11-23-2009, 07:56 AM
I hope that if Kos fights Dan Hardy down the line that Kos gets KTFO.

T-Bag
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Kos was far from getting worked before the eye poke. Rumble had a couple of good shots in before but nothing of any significance.

I'm glad the Johnson got knocked off his high horse.

Lash
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Kos was far from getting worked before the eye poke. Rumble had a couple of good shots in before but nothing of any significance.

He was losing the 1st round up until that point.

Kos has just as tall of a horse as anybody....

T-Bag
11-23-2009, 07:24 PM

I'll agree to disagree on the losing the 1st round up to that point, he pretty much had it in the bag the entire fight imo.

94greenbandit
11-23-2009, 10:14 PM

More like a tall horses ass

T-Bag
11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh yeah and for those of you who thought Koschek was faking....here's the inadvertent thumb to the eye a second before the blatantly illegal knee to the head.

http://tschritz.mylha.com/images/kosthumb.jpg

And no, that's not the wrong eye either....

Also, did you guys not hear the doctor recommending to the ref that Koscheck shouldn't fight after the eyepoke? Doctors are fakes too I guess

gg

Car Guy
11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Well look at that, I stand corrected and now have more respect for Koscheck.....

Exitspeed
11-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah his acting was pretty funny...in one camera angle it looks like the knee hit him square in the eye, but from the other it looks like it hit his arm and nothing actually touched his face.

Oh well!

Also, the Tito-Griffin fight was a prime example of why the scoring needs to be revamped....fucking 30-27 Griffin by one of the judges? lol.

One could argue Tito should have won that fight, personally I had Griffin winning round 1, losing 2, and winning 3 by far...but a lot of people (including Dana White and one of the judges) had Tito winning rounds 1 and 2 due to his takedowns and damage he did during those takedowns.

Baroni doesn't belong anywhere near MMA anymore, he was gassed after 30 seconds.

I didn't see the fight, but I've been saying this for years. There's fat too many fights that the decisions have been complete shit.

Bummed out Tito lost.

I didn't see what he did to "reminded many people why he's a D-bag", but I think his stint as coach on Ultimate Fighter and also his appearance on Celebrity Apprentice show that he is NOT a D-Bag. Everyone has their d-bag moments. That doesn't necessarily make you a d-bag.

Car Guy
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I didn't see what he did to "reminded many people why he's a D-bag", but I think his stint as coach on Ultimate Fighter and also his appearance on Celebrity Apprentice show that he is NOT a D-Bag. Everyone has their d-bag moments. That doesn't necessarily make you a d-bag.

Outside of MMA he's not a D-bag but inside the world of MMA he is and last Saturday showed it. When Joe Rogan was interviewing him he started making excuses for why he lost talking about his back surgery and blah blah blah. I don't know the specifics but Griffin had an injury of some sort also and never mentioned it until Tito started blabbing away about his. I'm sure Tito felt salty after putting on a mediocre performance and felt the need to make excuses for it.....

One thing I forgot to mention is Tito will NEVER see the LHW belt again. Sure he held the belt for years but that was a long time ago and the UFC has changed drastically since then.....

T-Bag
11-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Plus, the only reason he held the belt that long was because of a 12 month + layof during the reign. I don't have a problem with tito, except for his lame bullshit excuses.

Tito will never be in contention for the belt.

Car Guy
11-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Plus, the only reason he held the belt that long was because of a 12 month + layof during the reign.

Regardless of the length of time passed he did defend the title a number of times, I believe 5 or 6. However, his 'game' now is the same as years ago and it just doesn't hold up in today's UFC. Once you fend off his takedowns/GnP you have a good striker when standing with not much else to offer.....

Maybe someone else can chime in on how he compared physically last Saturday to the Tito of old, whether it be when he held the belt or in his last fight against Machida (Machids for Tyler :goof ). I watched the Machida fight when Tito almost submitted him but before that is when I wasn't following the UFC as close as I do now. With all the hype from Tito I thought we would see a new and improved version but it was the same from years ago.....

It will be interesting to see who he fights next and how he rebounds from this OK performance......

Exitspeed
11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't think making excuses makes you a douche. I think it just shows a sign of weakness.

I've been watching MMA since Tito held the belt. (long before the majority of fans were watching MMA) The old Tito was awesome. If you argued that he didn't have the best GNP in the game you are just kidding yourself. It was masterful. There is not a SINGLE person right now that is as good at GNP as Tito was in his prime. Not a one.

As much as I like him I too don't see him getting back the LHW belt. His career was over when Lidell beat him 3 times. For some reason he let that beat him more mentally then physically. It was pretty much down hill from there. The beef with White didn't help matters either. IMO, his heart isn't into it any longer. Which is just a shame for the sport and the fans more then anything.

And for the record the fight with Machida was one of the most frustrating and boring big fights I ever seen in the UFC. It's one of the reasons I still don't like Machida to this day.

Car Guy
11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't think making excuses makes you a douche. I think it just shows a sign of weakness.

Ok fine a weak douche, he needs to stop talking out of his ass before a fight and then wouldn't need to make excuses when he loses.....

Exitspeed
11-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok fine a weak douche, he needs to stop talking out of his ass before a fight and then wouldn't need to make excuses when he loses.....

Now come on, that just comes with the sport. Sure there are more humble fighters then others, but name one person who doesn't say they are going to pound the others face in before the fight? You have to have some level of confidence. Do you really expect him to be like, "this is gonna be a really tough fight for me. Not sure I can pull it off, but heck I'll give it a shot. Really I'm just hoping to get out of there without taking too much of a beating". Even Machida's boring ass talks about how bad ass he is in the pre-fight interviews.

Excuses are excuses. I agree he could be more humble about it. But he's still trying to play the card of a bad ass like he did when he was the champ. Obviously that was a number of years ago, but I wouldn't expect his attitude int he ring to change.

T-Bag
11-25-2009, 04:38 PM
They all talk about how badass they are...because the UFC wants them too to hype the fight. I see no problem with pre-fight shit talking. Machida is the worst pre-fight shit talker, you can almost see the tele-prompter reflecting in his eyes. :goof

Ortiz couldn't beat lidell, or couture. I feel if you threw any of the modern light heavyweights back in time, Tito would be an absolute non-factor. The game has evolved tremendously. His style doesn't' work.

Exitspeed
11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Ortiz couldn't beat lidell, or couture. I feel if you threw any of the modern light heavyweights back in time, Tito would be an absolute non-factor. The game has evolved tremendously. His style doesn't' work.

I disagree. But that's probably cause I'm a Tito fan.

Car Guy
11-25-2009, 06:24 PM
I know everybody talks big before the fight but Tito has an arrogance that makes me want to puke. Take GSP for example, he is confident about himself and the outcome of the fight but doesn't come off like a bag of cocks......

Exitspeed
11-26-2009, 08:16 AM
I know everybody talks big before the fight but Tito has an arrogance that makes me want to puke. Take GSP for example, he is confident about himself and the outcome of the fight but doesn't come off like a bag of cocks......

Everyone's different. That's how Tito has been since day one. He used to be able to back it up.

Car Guy
11-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Everyone's different. That's how Tito has been since day one. He used to be able to back it up.

I agree, which is why he looks like a tool after he loses.....:thumbsup