PDA

View Full Version : Droid Smart phone.

BoosTT
11-16-2009, 09:40 AM
This smart phone looks awesome. Does any here have one yet? I'm trying to justify the extra $30/month required data plan with it. I have a smart phone now, but no data plan (I just use wifi).

I played around with one in the store... Google gps maps was awesome. The keyboard was just ok, everything else was about the same as the iphone.

lit666
11-16-2009, 10:39 AM
it's not as nice as the iphone. I've been up to the verizon store multiple times to play with it and I don't like it. I'm going to wait till Jan. to see what HTC phone they put the android 2.0 os on and if it's not like the Imagio then I'm going to get an Iphone.

When comparing the droid and the Iphone next to each other the Iphone was alot faster and less of a pain to navigate. The keyboard was crap IMO..

JaMichaels
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I haven't gotten to really look at the Droid yet, seen all the hype and it looks very interesting. I currently own and iPhone and dont think i'd make the change for it unless it were drastically better. What does the Droid offer for MP3 storage?

johnny--2k
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I have not played with one, but have read some reviews on it. Seems to be a pretty good phone, but it is a first gen phone, so it will have its fair share of problems. If you can wait a bit for some of the bugs to get worked out, I would do that. Personally, I cant stand the IDontPhone.....plus I need a real keyboard, the virtual one just doesn't cut it for me, dont know why.

Jeff
11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
My g/f's brother just got it last week. He switched from the iPhone 3g to this, he couldn't be more happy with it, the biggest improvement he said so far is the navigation (of course) and the speed of it even on 3g it seems a lot faster on 3g then my phone (iphone 3g) is on wifi. If I had the money I would change over just for the Verison network over AT&T. After reading reviews the only gripes seem to be with the bluetooth (not sure exactly what it was I forget) and the keyboard being a little smaller then people would like.

johnny--2k
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
The droid has memory expansion slot for MicroSD, so potential for music is WAY more than the Iphone.

JaMichaels
11-16-2009, 10:55 AM
What's the largest MSD they make? I've never seen one over 32gb.

johnny--2k
11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
OH CRAP! I forgot the Iphone is up to 32Gig now...my bad!

That_Guy
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
i have a t-mobile g1 its a droid phone. i love it.

BoosTT
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Droid comes with one 16gb msd card. The cool thing is you could have a few msd cards and swap them whenever.

I'm not sure if the iphone requires a data plan too. You can NOT get a droid without a data plan. I usually just pay per kb and use wifi.

The htc phone looks kick ass, but that'll be a way away and who knows what network.

johnny--2k
11-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, Iphone requires data plan. $300 for the phone (32gig), $30/mo for Data (required), $60/mo for 900 minutes or $40 for 450 minutes, and another $20 for unlimited messaging or $15 for 1500 messages....what an ass raping!!!

Minimum monthly cost would be $70 with NO MESSAGING (.20/msg .30 for pic msg)

I have sprint, pay $70 for the plan which is 450 anytime, unlimited data, text, and 7PM nights/weekends, and I have UNLIMITED to any mobile phone, so the only time I use minutes is if I am calling a land line. Add $7 for insurance, then I get 23% discount on the plan for working for Ford.... I pay $61-63/month all said and done. AT&T's plans are a ripoff which is why I left them.

PureSound15
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I have an Iphone 3gS and LOVE IT but hate At&T - it's a complete rip off.

I have Cellcom for my work phone - and the phone is an HTC Touch which is quite possibly the most worthless piece of shit phone on the market. It's so bad that I have chosen to carry both my personal and work phone rather than switch to just the work phone and ave $120/month that I spend on my iphone.

:( Verizon was nice... but it wasn't cheap either. It seems like Sprint is the way to go for pricing and now is finally starting to have some decent phones, too.

Nix
11-16-2009, 12:33 PM
The Sprint SERO plan owns all espically when it comes to having to pay for Data plans to run a specific phone. That is all, carry on... :headbang

UnderPSI
11-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I have the Motorola Droid on Verizon. It's like the iphone but better. After using both, I would take the droid. Really fast processor, great free apps, and the best part is that unlike the iphone I get signal everywhere and I don't drop calls all the time. Phone doesn't freeze up. Great camera too.

fly5150
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I have the Motorola Droid on Verizon. It's like the iphone but better. After using both, I would take the droid. Really fast processor, great free apps, and the best part is that unlike the iphone I get signal everywhere and I don't drop calls all the time. Phone doesn't freeze up. Great camera too.

My iphone never drops calls, and works 99% of the places I go. And I travel ALOT. :)
still love the iphone. :D

My Sprint phone on the otherhand, sucks majorly. drops calls, crappy service.....

srt4eh
11-16-2009, 03:28 PM
My wife wants either an iPhone or a Droid....since we already have AT&T I'll prolly just get her the iphone...I'll have to find a Verizon store thats nearby to make the final decision

johnny--2k
11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
The Sprint SERO plan owns all espically when it comes to having to pay for Data plans to run a specific phone. That is all, carry on... :headbang

HELL YES!!! Unfortuantely, I had to drop the sero plan to get the pre....kinda sucks :(

97z2801ss
11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=PureSound15;595670]I have an Iphone 3gS and LOVE IT but hate At&T - it's a complete rip off.
[QUOTE]

I agree :thumbsup

WilliamZ
11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
I have the iPhone and wouldn't trade it for any other phone. It is expensive to have though.

lordairgtar
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
I wonder how I managed to make through the 55 years of my life without a damn cell phone that practically does everything.

0TransAm0
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM
us cellular has crappy phones... maybe time to switch providers...

GRAMPS SS
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I wonder how I managed to make through the 55 years of my life without a damn cell phone that practically does everything.

so...you will be buying one then.?.199.00 for 2 year contract....i was thinking of getting it...but i just got my ev2 in june and the ev3 wasa pile so far..still is from what i have heard... and i'm not going to update as of yet...like was said...it's a first gen...will wait for all bugs to be worked out...