PDA

View Full Version : garage door doc in the house?

Gregor
11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Some how I managed to F' up my garage door. Nothing is actually broke parts wise but, some how the cables are off the drums and the tension is off the springs. After a hour of swearing and dropping the F bomb a few hundred times I got the door back on the track and shut for the night.

Since I HATE springs, and my old man saying you can screw with alot of things in life, Garage door spring are one evil you leave alone.

Anyone fix these or install garage doors for a living?

Holeshot
11-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Not that difficult. You will need two people though and a couple of 36 " rods that will fit the winding holes at the end of the springs. One person counter winds the spring a 1/2 turn or so and the other winds the cables into the proper groves in the pulleys. Once thats done you can put the tension back on the spring/cables.

hotshift13
11-16-2009, 12:08 AM
One complete turn per foot If I remember right....

Gregor
11-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Wanna make a few bucks and help me?

u_say_go
11-16-2009, 08:48 AM
I can't stress this enough...DO NOT attempt to repair/replace/wind/fix/fuckwith those springs unless you ABSOLUTELY know what you're doing, and have succesfully done it before.

I will get you the phone number of a garage door guy I know in Milwaukee if you want it.

Gregor
11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Sure hook me up dude, I really like my life and don't want end it to something stupid like a spring.