PDA

View Full Version : If your buddy had arcade games in the basement would you pay .25 cents ?

awsomeears
11-15-2009, 02:29 PM
When I buy a house I'm going to turn into a home-body, I will have a nice basement and hope to have a bunch of arcade games. I can think of at least 12 I will get and they will accept quarters :rolf

So I was shooting the shit the other day with a buddy and told him this, he then gestures " Pssssshhhhh " your going to actually have them accept coins and not on free play ?

I was like fuck yea if you can't drop in a god dam quarter then kiss my ass !!!!!

Maybe I'm just a tard but if one of my buddy's had a basement full of arcades and they took quarters you can bet your ass ill bring over a bunch and play away :thumbsup

Am I off my nut :alcoholic

* Edit *

I would most likely pool all the quarters for a party at the end of a year, prolly keep some for fixing them but yea....

xxtremeteam
11-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I would do the same but then once a year I would throw a party and invite them all over to say thanks

Holeshot
11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
When I have friends over to entertain its BYOB but I supply the food . pool table. darts at no charge. I treat peeps the way I want to be treated. But hay its your basement and games.

awsomeears
11-15-2009, 02:42 PM
When I have friends over to entertain its BYOB but I supply the food . pool table. darts at no charge. I treat peeps the way I want to be treated. But hay its your basement and games.

Pool will be free as well darts, I agree on that :thumbsup

But games I'll stick to .25 :goof

lordairgtar
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM
To fund a yearly party would be a cool idea. Or just to see who would be a douche about it.

awsomeears
11-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Ohh I gotta Edit this.......

Yea this would go to a party for sure !!!!!!!!!!!! I would keep a bit of it for repairs and shit but yea party at the end of a year hell yea !!!

Silver350
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I wouldnt have it accept quarters for friends.

0TransAm0
11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
id make it accept quarters and think of it as a saveings account kinda... if they are drinken your beer or eatin your food they can pay a fricken quarter to play the game...

Sprayaway Fox
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Then why not charge for beer right away? lol.....I guess a freind is a freind, if Im doing good enough to throw a party they shouldn have to worry about a .25 cent gameplay either.

BoosTT
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I have arcade games.... you MUST set them on free play, unless your a homo. Is it worth looking like a d-bag and having no one play your games to make $20/year on a few thousand dollars of arcade games? lol

The only one I don't have set on free play is the slot machine ;)

I do turn the pinball machines off after everyone played a few games on 'em though. They actually wear out and loose value with more games on them. 100 games on a pin = not good vs. 100 games on a video = who cares.

Rocket Power
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Charging your friends to play the games = lame to me.

LIL EVO
11-15-2009, 04:59 PM
You better buy a change machine then

JaMichaels
11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Get a beer vending machine and you could probably take care of your mortgage, don't forget a snack one too for the hungry game playing drunks.

But don't invite your friends over, bring over people from off the street and don't let them carry anything in but a wallet.

pOrk
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Charge for pinball, not videos.

PureSound15
11-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Meh - I'd rather have a bucket of quarters for my buddies to grab from so that they can play at my house. I don't charge for beer or anything.. why would I charger them to have a good time??

PonyKiller87
11-15-2009, 06:31 PM
You better buy a change machine then

Better yet get your own tokens made so once they get change they can only use them in your basement, lol. :goof

Neal Steffek
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
When I buy a house I'm going to turn into a home-body, I will have a nice basement and hope to have a bunch of arcade games. I can think of at least 12 I will get and they will accept quarters :rolf

So I was shooting the shit the other day with a buddy and told him this, he then gestures " Pssssshhhhh " your going to actually have them accept coins and not on free play ?

I was like fuck yea if you can't drop in a god dam quarter then kiss my ass !!!!!

Maybe I'm just a tard but if one of my buddy's had a basement full of arcades and they took quarters you can bet your ass ill bring over a bunch and play away :thumbsup

Am I off my nut :alcoholic

* Edit *

I would most likely pool all the quarters for a party at the end of a year, prolly keep some for fixing them but yea....

Sounds like you should just buy a bar.... wink wink...:alcoholic

michelle
11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Meh - I'd rather have a bucket of quarters for my buddies to grab from so that they can play at my house. I don't charge for beer or anything.. why would I charger them to have a good time??

That's what we did at my house. We had a few arcade games in the basement and a pool table (and not the old bar kind either - so we didn't need that many quarters - just for the games). They were old games - Space Duel and Speak Easy. Never knew how to make it "free play", so we just left the keys in them so you can get the quarters easily.

I miss Space Duel.
http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/sd/sdfront.jpg

URLOZIN
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
don't charge, they're your friends.

Cryptic
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
meh... I dont want anyone sticking quarters in my QuadCore, PS3, or Xbox

Reverend Cooper
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I would pay to play,but if it eats my quarter I get to kick the ever living fuck outta it like I would at the bar.

Karps TA
11-17-2009, 08:18 AM
I would never charge my friends. I don't buy things or have parties to make money off my friends.

Josepy
11-17-2009, 08:22 AM
If you can afford to buy that many games you can afford not to charge. Seems like a d-bag thing to charge your friends to play the games. Just my opinion though.

Myles
11-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Sounds like a douche move.

Exitspeed
11-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I couldn't charge my friends or even non friends. Not even to "have a party" at the end of the year. I have huge parties every year and I pay for damn near everything. I tell people to BYOB but I usually get a keg or a ton of beer anyway. Same with food. That's just me though.

Waver
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Honestly man, that is kind of gay.....what is next, you are going to charge your friends to use your crapper?

CannotPost
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
If you can afford to buy that many games you can afford not to charge. Seems like a d-bag thing to charge your friends to play the games. Just my opinion though.

Agreed! :thumbsup

I have 2 machines, 4 player simpsons and a Lethal Enforcers....... They are cool for a few months, after that they sit.

I would pick up one 4 player machine and switch Jamma boards once in a while. Thats the only way to keep it fresh.

Also the games take up way more room than you would think. I would expect to pay $500+ per game with cabinet in working condition. Additionally most of the used machines have f-ed up coin ops. I just add a button to give credits.

Exitspeed
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
X-Men and Ninja Turtles would be a blast to have.

CannotPost
11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
X-Men and Ninja Turtles would be a blast to have.

Those are good picks because they could both run out of the same cabinet! Also:
http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242065274.jpg

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1115421461.jpg

Are on my list!

Exitspeed
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Double Dragon arcade would be SOOO baller.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/bombtrak/abobo.jpg

This too. I always loved this game.
http://www.joystixamusements.com/photos/ROLLINGTHUNDER.JPG

Karps TA
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
There's 3 I want. Gorf, Spy Hunter and Road Blaster

0TransAm0
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
i wouldn't mind one of the newer golf ones... or the bowling ones.

BoosTT
11-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Agreed! :thumbsup

I have 2 machines, 4 player simpsons and a Lethal Enforcers....... They are cool for a few months, after that they sit.

I would pick up one 4 player machine and switch Jamma boards once in a while. Thats the only way to keep it fresh.

I just add a button to give credits.

Wait a minute... you know how to switch jamma boards, but not set the games on free play? All you do is put the jamma board into test mode. Plus you can adjust all the other game settings in there too, lol. I could help you if you really want.

I've owned a ton of video arcade games over the years. I sold most as stated above.. they get boreing after a while. Most people/collectors sell all the video's and buy ONLY pinball. Pinball rules and never gets old. Too bad they are expensive as hell, at $2k-$5k per machine

Heres my collection as of now:
tetris
area 51
maximum force
jvl mega touch screen retro
stargate pinball
slot machine

games I've had:
golden tee
ninja warriors (3 monitors!!)
nba jam 4 player
point blank
and a few more I can't remember. I would of had a bunch more, but I have no room, truck or trailer, lol.

CannotPost
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Wait a minute... you know how to switch jamma boards, but not set the games on free play?

Not all boards have a free play mode IIRC. I know that my Simpsons game does not. Naturally I know how to use the service menus.

I've owned a ton of video arcade games over the years. I sold most as stated above.. they get boreing after a while. Most people/collectors sell all the video's and buy ONLY pinball. Pinball rules and never gets old. Too bad they are expensive as hell, at $2k-$5k per machine

and a few more I can't remember. I would of had a bunch more, but I have no room, truck or trailer, lol.

Agreed 100%, Pin-ball is where it's at! The cost of getting into a nice game is keeping me away @ the moment.

Also if you are ever selling anything let me know! ;)

0TransAm0
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
can't you just hit the little switch or whatever that the quarter hits when its put in.. just add 100 credits at a time or whatever... my uncle had a dart board and thats all he did..

BoosTT
11-17-2009, 04:16 PM
can't you just hit the little switch or whatever that the quarter hits when its put in.. just add 100 credits at a time or whatever... my uncle had a dart board and thats all he did..

^^ yup

Just checking to make sure you wern't missing out on the game options. It would suck if it was stuck on super easy.

My collection is pretty much final for the room I got. Might add a pin or sit down racing game. I can let you know where to find games though, if you want. Just send me a pm.

0TransAm0
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
sit down racing game with 2 players would be bad ass! probably cost a pretty penny tho.. what was that one called California Cruise or something like that...

Waver
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
sit down racing game with 2 players would be bad ass! probably cost a pretty penny tho.. what was that one called California Cruise or something like that...

crusin usa?

I would love to get the origional version of san fancisco rush that was around in 97

0TransAm0
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
crusin usa?

I would love to get the origional version of san fancisco rush that was around in 97

yeah thats the one.. well either would be sweet.

Waver
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
yeah thats the one.. well either would be sweet.

Crusin is a great game, and was the baisis for many others (The fast and the Furious comes to mind) however I liked the detailing in san francisco rush, well that and there was a supra in the game

Korndogg
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
my buddy had this really old atari demolition derby acade game i think it was? There were 2 steering wheels and 2 gas pedals. basically it was just rectangles for cars and you drove around. anytime you touched the metal you got shocked though haha.