PDA

View Full Version : another GP at Al's w/decent parts

PB86MCSS
05-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Went to Al's today since I had time and the weather is pretty nice(warm anyway) and the only *new* g-body I saw was a 86'+ silver/gray Grand Prix. Seems complete, couldn't get the hood open but its a LG4 car. Pretty nice gray bucket seat interior, just needs some cleanup. I nabbed the bucket seat guides and tommorow might venture back for the b-pillars as they are real nice. Need a lower drivers gray door panel to cut for concert sound II but this one might have too many scratches :(. Other side is excellent. Just figured I'd give a heads up even though it seems there is not one g-body Grand Prix owner in here besides Jamies brother ;). Still waiting for some good Montes or other g-bodies to come in. :S:

Burgandy85SS
05-06-2004, 06:48 PM
I was out at Als last Saturday and saw that Prix there, kinda sucks cause back when I had my Prix, Als never had any with anything I needed now how many do they have with bucket seats and console?
I did get some good parts off the red 91 Toronado ( extra gauage cluster with a repair date of 1-7-04) and another new arival 90 Trofeo with a console lid and a few other small parts.
How often do you go to Als? I sometimes wonder what they think when Im there once or twice a month.

PB86MCSS
05-06-2004, 07:25 PM
LOL

The younger guy knows me for Monte parts, awhile back he even wrote my name and number down for MCSS's that come in. I go about twice a month as well...

They have/had at least 4 GP's with buckets in there now, the saddle C&C t-top one I did not see at all but they moved the other gray bucket seat GP. There is also a blue bucket seat one in the middle from the early 80's...

They had a bunch of Cutlass' for awhile it seemed with neato options and had a rash of SS's come through so it seemed now they are dry as a bone.

Rocket Power
05-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Hmmm maybe I'll have to get his lazy butt and his wallet out there :)

DId you ever get out to Sullivan Paul?

PB86MCSS
05-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I haven't made it out there yet....any remembering of their times of business on Saturdays? Maybe late next week I can make a run out there.....

If your brother doesn't have a set of buckets this gray interior would be pretty ideal to swap in, the console is busted but theres another gray bucket GP to mix and match parts from anywho. :D

BTW, does his 305 project have a set of heads? I will have my SS's available for sale this weekend. They are stock but about the *best* stock 305 head GM made along with the 87-88 centerbolt L69/LB9 heads. 416's they are known as, just need new valve stem seals otherwise should be fine.

Rocket Power
05-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Just happen to have their card
Hours mon-fri 8-5:30 Sat and Sun 8:00-100
Phone 262-593-8667

It's a bucket/console car already but I'll have to check the condition of the interior

We're just gonna slap the 305 in as is , complete with the pimpin' factory alum. intake :woo:

PB86MCSS
05-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Any idea on what kind of heads/compression the motor has? Early base 305's in the 80's have like a 8.5 or so to one compression....I have the aluminum intake from my SS for sale too :bling . Is it the 305 that was in the 442?

Rocket Power
05-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Yep same one from the 442.( ya had to remind me .....LOL)
From the code on the block it was originally in a 82 pickup (feel the power) if I remember correctly. I can check tomorrow what heads it has..... umm where are the casting numbers on a chev head? LOL
It also has some nice chrome(and rust) R.H.S. valve covers with one installed upside down .
How the hell do you NOT notice THAT when you put them on???? :wtf