PDA

View Full Version : Give up 23

OxmanWI
11-14-2009, 07:24 AM
LeBron James wants NBA players to give up their No. 23s to honor Michael Jordan. The Cavaliers superstar, who has worn 23 since he was a high school sophomore, believes players should pay tribute to Jordan for the Hall of Famer's impact on the game.

Nothing against MJ, but you should be able to wear whatever number you want.

Car Guy
11-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Here is what I think of LeBron's suggestion.....:rolleyes:

PB86MCSS
11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
I think the idea is lame....I also think MLB retiring Jackie Robinsons #42 for every team is kinda dumb too, since alot of black players wore that to tribute him already now no one can (except the Yankees Rivera who was grandfathered in). Kind of defeats the purpose in a way.

BeesTwinEG
11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
he can wear whatever number he wants. besides i don't believe that "23" have been retired by MJ himself or chicago bulls.

badass88gt
11-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I think its stupid. This is only where it begins, you do it once, where does it stop? Does every NFL team need to retire #12or #16 or #4?

Crawlin
11-17-2009, 07:28 AM
he can wear whatever number he wants. besides i don't believe that "23" have been retired by MJ himself or chicago bulls.

I thought it was, because it was right after his first retirement, which then made him have to wear #42 or whatever he did

wikked
11-17-2009, 12:39 PM
They should retire the number of the first white guy in the NBA, now that's an accomplishment!

LIZMO
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
thats stupid who gives a F

OxmanWI
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
thats stupid who gives a F

Then why in the H did you post?

Prince Valiant
11-18-2009, 11:52 AM
MJ had a tremendous impact on the NBA, but primarily as a marketing force. Though arguably the greatest player of all-time, he's not so much so that it deserves permanent league wide number retirement.

List of things he's not:

Career scoring leader
holder of most league championship
single season scoring leader
single game scoring leader

As great as MJ was, he wasn't the most dominant player ever. He didn't bring something new to the game, other than total marketing...and a big part of that was because off-court, he wasn't a total ass. He didn't stir up too much controversy in his career, being more or less low-key.

I just see this as a ploy by Lebron to appear humble and appreciative, when he's probably not.