PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Facebook

03CVLX
11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
So, I think my Facebook was hacked. About a week ago people on my friends list randomly started getting deleted. I would add them back on, and then they would be deleted again. Then one morning I get up and about 40 people were missing from my lists. So I deactivated my account and created a brand new page, which has seemed to work.

Now here is the kicker, Now I am trying to search for the friends I had on my old list and Facebook is telling me they don't exist on Facebook. I really don't know whats going on. Has this ever happened to anyone else here? And of course If I was on your friend list and suddenly gone, this is why. It also means facebook is not letting me send you a new friend request. :mad:

Waver
11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
never had this happen to me tom, but I was curious as to why all of the sudden you were readding me. To think, some people have nothing to do than hack something as stupid as facebook is beyond me

mrz28M6
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
go in and change your password! that usually works for me

Josepy
11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Only way it gets hacked is if you click a link in an email that is sent you and you login from there. Thats how they get you.

GTSLOW
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Mine got hacked and a bunch of random spam links posted to all my friends walls. I just changed my password after re-enabling my account.

xwing
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
ruh roh...unless you are being Defriended, if they defriend you and/or block you, you can't search/find them anymore either...

03CVLX
11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Only way it gets hacked is if you click a link in an email that is sent you and you login from there. Thats how they get you.

This is what I thought also. I know for a fact I did not do this. The other thing that was odd is when I created my new account the whole page design and layout changed almost like I was stuck on a Facebook server that wasn't working correctly and did not receive the last round of updates. I know I wasn't being defriended cause well it was 40 people all in the same night, and 99% of them have accepted the new request. Its only like 4-5 people that won't come up on the search.