PDA

View Full Version : difference between hooker and flowtech?

Zkid14
05-04-2004, 09:27 PM
what is the difference between these 2 long tube headers? just price?

TransAm12sec
05-04-2004, 11:38 PM
I would call holley or e-mail them to be sure. Or see if summit could give you a quick answer. Summit normally has more educated people during the day, but it's worth it to call anytime.

animal
05-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I believe I've heard some bad things about flowtechs over the years. More longevity issues and/or quality issues with them than the hookers. That's just what I heard though.

BAD LS1
05-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Flowtech are cheapies....

If your gonna do longtubes on an LS1 , the most common is the hooker's (thats what i run) and they are up there in the highest HP output. SLP and hooker other brands are all gonna produce about the same results regardless, jsut depends on if you wanted coated, stainless, or cheap....

y2kws6
05-05-2004, 12:32 PM
I have the SLP and they were a Bitc* to install, but the sound and performance they produce is great.

Dan

Scales
05-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Did your SLP's turn brown on you too? Mine didn't get rusty at all as they still feel smooth, but they turned a nice shade of $hit brown after heating up... Woulda thought for that price, they'd use a little better grade of stainless...

scubastang
05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Or see if summit could give you a quick answer. Summit normally has more educated people during the day, but it's worth it to call anytime.

hehe (wtf does this keep say I must lengthen my message to at least 10 character BS?) :fire

FiErO-5spd
05-07-2004, 03:50 PM
FlowTech, are the cheapest made, probly cheapest sold, and the most worthless out there on the market, a good pair of headers will run you over 500 dollars, but get this, a kid i know wanted to put headers on, they turned out to be block huggers, they hit the front crossmember, and only cost him 99 bucks for the pair, he also had to take them back, and they didn't come with a Y pipe