PDA

View Full Version : Packers Bucs

LIL EVO
11-08-2009, 03:22 PM
What a joke!!!!!!

SSmike1
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
did they LOOSE again? Mcarthy is a whimp coach.
when Jollie head butted the Minnesota player last week, i would have fired that idiot on the spot! way to many stupid penalties. and stupid players.

Firefighter Z
11-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Rodgers = FAIL, EPIC FAILURE!

SSmike1
11-08-2009, 03:27 PM
i am watching something a LOT more fun!
NASCAR sprint cup. #48 crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Mark Martin!!!!!!! and Matt Kenseth of course, we ALL here in Wisconsin are cheering for Matt Kenseth!!!!!!!

LIL EVO
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Could've easily won. Let it go towards the end. 6 sacks, 2-3 interceptions.

DynoTom
11-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Rodgers = FAIL, EPIC FAILURE!

No way !!!! Look at his stats ! J / K :goof:goof:goof

Reverend Cooper
11-08-2009, 03:30 PM
But A-rod's stat's are so awesome and he is the man. Ahahahaha they suck so hard I can't put it in words.
A-rod also passed Randy Wrights highest sack count for a single season,and the season isnt half over yet lolololololol

DynoTom
11-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I said early in the season that the Pack would look ok playing other bad teams , and that they would look bad playing good teams....I guess I was wrong....They suck out loud !:devil:devil

Nix
11-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Man did they look horrible!! All around! Now they have only won one game in Tampa and that was in 03? They can never win there, I said at work this week that Tampa was gonna get their first win, and they did!! :rolf

jbiscuit
11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
The Pack have a tough schedule coming up too. You guys see they play the Lions? Detroit should be able to start their second string QB and still beat us.

Turbo-Triumph
11-08-2009, 03:46 PM
what was final score? i missed the last 5 minutes =(

Reverend Cooper
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
38-28 bucs

DynoTom
11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I think the Packers are REALLY in for some trouble with the games coming up....AR is going to get hurt , all the sacks he has coming will take him out...

Al
11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Curse of the #4?

subliminal1284
11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Sweet lets go Tampa bay

Karps TA
11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I love listening to Tom Pippins after games, especially losses. That guy goes from one extreme to the next. They win and he thinks the team should be enshrined in Canton. They lose and it's like the team murdered his family. :lmao

DynoTom
11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I feel sorry for Woodson , he deserves a better team.....

GTSLOW
11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm glad they lost.

Holeshot
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I glad they lost.

Did you get your Pads ? thread jack sorry

Deggy
11-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Wasn't that the first win for the Buc's this season?

Maybe they should wear those ugly colors the rest of the season.

PB86MCSS
11-08-2009, 05:33 PM
The old Bucs uniform is tits.

67-400
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Isn't "Roughing a Kicker" still a penalty? They leveled him as they blocked it.??

Karps TA
11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
It's not roughing if you actually block the kick. It's only if you miss. Otherwise teams would just kill the kicker after the ball is gone.

TraceDaddy
11-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Rough. When does Ted Thompson's head roll?

0TransAm0
11-08-2009, 06:38 PM
eh.. glad i didn't stay home from work to watch the game....

Holeshot
11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Rough. When does Ted Thompson's head roll?

Can't happen soon enough!! Would be worth the 5 million contract loss

GTSLOW
11-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Did you get your Pads ? thread jack sorry

Yes thank you!!! I guess I was supposed to call you but they lost the receipt :rolf

badass88gt
11-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Rodgers shouldve held the ball longer instead of throwing those INTs. Its all his fault.

DirtyMax
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Can't happen soon enough!! Would be worth the 5 million contract loss

Hell, he keeps the team so far under the cap that this loss would hardly be noticed.

T-Bag
11-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Once again Mike McCarthy's conservative play calling at the end killed the game. Yes lets run Green 3 times in a row when we're only up 4 points with 5 minutes left. Yes that's a good idea.

McCarthy is a ***** coach, Thompson is a *****, Rodgers....he's obviously got tons of talent but has a lot of work to do to.

tbirddriver92
11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
i am watching something a LOT more fun!
NASCAR sprint cup. #48 crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Mark Martin!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately they played the game over the speakers at work, so I got to listen to the whole pathetic thing there :lame:

I did, however, catch the race and I was so glad to hear that Johnson crashed, too bad to he was able to finish. But Martin is my driver, I'm hoping Johnson does horrible at the last two races because Martin is only 75 points behind and he could actually win the championship that he deserves:thumbsup

70 cutlass 442
11-09-2009, 02:53 AM
The shittiest thing about today was the Vikings had a by week, so you didn't even have the option of changing channles to watch something good.

Exitspeed
11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
It's McCarthy and Thompson.

I can't believe anyone would say Rodgers sucks.

0TransAm0
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM
It's McCarthy and Thompson.

I can't believe anyone would say Rodgers sucks.

X2 :thumbsup

McCarthy is the one calling the crappy plays.. rodgers is a great QB it the O line that blows donkey balls..and that Thompsons fault..

Karps TA
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Can we please refrain from using the term "great" until he actual does something in this league?

Exitspeed
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Can we please refrain from using the term "great" until he actual does something in this league?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLsHP94bvXs

Neal Steffek
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
I am amazed on this forum how many people do not know football and can not see the big picture.

The Packers are a good team. They are in second place and people are crying. WTF? They lost to the Bucs, big freak'n deal. Shut your yappers about how they suck, because you were all swinging from the Packers nuts two weeks ago when they were 4-2.

Philly is a great team and they lost to the worst team in the NFL the other week. Did Philly fans say fire Reid? No, because they know there are 16 games to play in a season, not one.

There are times I don't know if there are more 16 year old girls, or 92 year old grandma's on this forum.

We have a good coach and GM. The GM has to look out for the future, not just this one season. Two years ago we won 13 games and went to the NFC title game, same coach, same GM.

Take a big breath everyone, we have 8 more games left to play. It will all be ok at the end of the year.

animal
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
It will all be ok at the end of the year.

lol 8-8 or worse is not "ok". :rolf

Karps TA
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
What makes you say that? Explain yourself.

What about this team makes you think they'll be better then 8-8 at best? Is it their inability to beat teams with winning records (and now one without any wins)? Is it their constant failure to correct key problems on the team on a weekly basis? Is it the repeated dumb penalties that never get fixed or addressed? Is it the coaches inability to construct a gameplan? How about the fact that the QB won't make it 2 more weeks getting hit as much as he does?

Open your eyes. The team is going in the wrong direction. Saying they are building for the future would be wonderful if they were drafting players that can play. But they are not. Their draft pics have been horrible. Give me a break. Take off your Green and Gold glasses and look at the actual talent on the team. Why do the special teams suck? Because they have no depth. Our QB is taking too many hits because not only does the line suck, but apparently our WR's cannot get open.

Fans who talk like that are the ones who get the crap results we've gotten. Ted's plan would be great if he knew what the hell he was doing on draft day.

animal
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM

What about this team makes you think they'll be better then 8-8 at best? .

Were you talking to me or the other guy?

I don't think 8-8 is good AT ALL nor do i think there's a chance in hell we'll even finish 8-8... at this pace. There needs to be some top-down changes made to the fundamentals and approach of the whole team to winning games. IMO That includes removing capers or at least whatever the hell he is smoking these days. What kind of sane person puts aaron kampman back in pass coverage? Maybe he would put driver in at right guard given the chance too? :rolleyes:

The Packers are fucked this year. Wheres my pen so i can write them off?

Neal Steffek
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM

What about this team makes you think they'll be better then 8-8 at best? Is it their inability to beat teams with winning records (and now one without any wins)? Is it their constant failure to correct key problems on the team on a weekly basis? Is it the repeated dumb penalties that never get fixed or addressed? Is it the coaches inability to construct a gameplan? How about the fact that the QB won't make it 2 more weeks getting hit as much as he does?

Open your eyes. The team is going in the wrong direction. Saying they are building for the future would be wonderful if they were drafting players that can play. But they are not. Their draft pics have been horrible. Give me a break. Take off your Green and Gold glasses and look at the actual talent on the team. Why do the special teams suck? Because they have no depth. Our QB is taking too many hits because not only does the line suck, but apparently our WR's cannot get open.

Fans who talk like that are the ones who get the crap results we've gotten. Ted's plan would be great if he knew what the hell he was doing on draft day.

You counter dictated your self so much here I don't even know where to start.

animal
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
counter dictated

Reagan was a counter-dictator too.... I think. :goof

Neal Steffek
11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Reagan was a counter-dictator too.... I think. :goof

Blah, i cant spell.

And to add another point, The cowboys are in first place. Pretty sure everyone wanted their coach fired a few weeks ago down there, now he is awesome. To many girls watching football now a days.

gottwins?
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Blah, i cant spell.

And to add another point, The cowboys are in first place. Pretty sure everyone wanted their coach fired a few weeks ago down there, now he is awesome. To many girls watching football now a days.

That's because with the amount of talent they have they SHOULD be winning. The cowboys are like the yankees of football, spend an insane amount of money and if they don't win its expected that something has to change!

I agree with the packer fans here, there is no reason why you should be "ok" with things how they are now...you just lost to the worst team in football. After the cowboys come into town you might not be in second place anymore, either.

Exitspeed
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM

I am amazed on this forum how many people do not know football and can not see the big picture.

The Packers are a good team. They are in second place and people are crying. WTF? They lost to the Bucs, big freak'n deal. Shut your yappers about how they suck, because you were all swinging from the Packers nuts two weeks ago when they were 4-2.

Philly is a great team and they lost to the worst team in the NFL the other week. Did Philly fans say fire Reid? No, because they know there are 16 games to play in a season, not one.

There are times I don't know if there are more 16 year old girls, or 92 year old grandma's on this forum.

We have a good coach and GM. The GM has to look out for the future, not just this one season. Two years ago we won 13 games and went to the NFC title game, same coach, same GM.

Take a big breath everyone, we have 8 more games left to play. It will all be ok at the end of the year.

I agree with both of these posts to some extent.

I do think the Packers have some enormous talent. Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Woodson are all GREAT players IMO. Yes GREAT. However, 4 players can't win games.

We have NO O-line or defense. We CAN'T win that way. We just can't and it shows.

the penalties are inexcusable. And that comes down to having such a young team. Get some god damn veteran players in there. Stop dicking around.

The play calling has been pitiful too. How in the world do you run Grant like a machine one game and have him gain over 100 yards, and then the next week you abandon the run almost all together? WTF is that?

I really think we could have a good team on our hands, but we need some better players in some key positions. Thompson isn't going out and getting them so he needs to go. And McCarthy's play calling is costing us games big time.

We have arguably the best QB in the league right now. That doesn't mean shit if the right plays aren't being called and we can't protect him.

I'm a die hard Packer fan and it took me some time getting used to the thought of them losing if that meant we'd get to see TT and MM get canned. But I think that's the best thing that can happen when this season is up.

I hear Holmgren is looking for a job. ;)

Neal Steffek
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
That's because with the amount of talent they have they SHOULD be winning. The cowboys are like the yankees of football, spend an insane amount of money and if they don't win its expected that something has to change!

I agree with the packer fans here, there is no reason why you should be "ok" with things how they are now...you just lost to the worst team in football. After the cowboys come into town you might not be in second place anymore, either.

Ok, lets go the other way. The Giants just lost 4 game sin a row. Should everyone be fired over there?

The Titans won 13 games last year. Two weeks ago people were calling for Fichers head (stupid I know) Now they won two games in a row and everything seems to ok.

People, the season is 16 gmaes. Chill the F out.

And just so you all know, Tampa Bay is NOT the worst team in the NFL. That award goes to the Raiders.

gottwins?
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Ok, lets go the other way. The Giants just lost 4 game sin a row. Should everyone be fired over there?

The Titans won 13 games last year. Two weeks ago people were calling for Fichers head (stupid I know) Now they won two games in a row and everything seems to ok.

People, the season is 16 gmaes. Chill the F out.

And just so you all know, Tampa Bay is NOT the worst team in the NFL. That award goes to the Raiders.

The giants and the packers are 2 different stories, again. They just won a Superbowl 2 years ago and had a good season last year, can't say either for the packers.

Second, the raiders are a better team than Tampa Bay in almost every way but the QB (sad but the rookie looks better than Russel at this point)...and I HATE the raiders.

Rocket Power
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Well Obama won a nobel prize so I guess Rodgers can be great:rolf

gottwins?
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM

:thumbsup:rolf

Waver
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree with both of these posts to some extent.

I do think the Packers have some enormous talent. Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Woodson are all GREAT players IMO. Yes GREAT. However, 4 players can't win games.

We have NO O-line or defense. We CAN'T win that way. We just can't and it shows.

the penalties are inexcusable. And that comes down to having such a young team. Get some god damn veteran players in there. Stop dicking around.

The play calling has been pitiful too. How in the world do you run Grant like a machine one game and have him gain over 100 yards, and then the next week you abandon the run almost all together? WTF is that?

I really think we could have a good team on our hands, but we need some better players in some key positions. Thompson isn't going out and getting them so he needs to go. And McCarthy's play calling is costing us games big time.

We have arguably the best QB in the league right now. That doesn't mean shit if the right plays aren't being called and we can't protect him.

I'm a die hard Packer fan and it took me some time getting used to the thought of them losing if that meant we'd get to see TT and MM get canned. But I think that's the best thing that can happen when this season is up.

I hear Holmgren is looking for a job. ;)Holy shit some sence in this thread, however you missed that the special teams sucked this weekend...How in the world can we let not one but 4 opposing players surround our field goal kicker? That is just bullshit. Week after week the offensive line leaves holes so wide that you could drive a mack truck through to sack Rodgers. Plus, everyone was complaining on how Rodgers holds the ball too long, now when he dosnt and gets one interception those same people change their tune. Yeah, Farve is a great qb, but at the same time, the decision to not take him back and make him a starter was the right one. How would you like it if you were slated for promotion when the guy in the job you wants retires, he retires, you are told you are getting the job, and then that guy decides that retirement is not for him right before your big debut in that position.....Would you gladly give up your new promotion for that? Hell no, and for that matter, what company would let that guy come back and take back their job right after that? None that I know of. You have to look at football as a business, what applies to a business applies to the team. think about it.

The giants and the packers are 2 different stories, again. They just won a Superbowl 2 years ago and had a good season last year, can't say either for the packers.

Second, the raiders are a better team than Tampa Bay in almost every way but the QB (sad but the rookie looks better than Russel at this point)...and I HATE the raiders.

You both need to get your heads out of your asses and remember that no matter how long Rodgers has had to learn the offence, he is still a 2nd year starting qb. Farve took no time to "train" him and give him the proper mentoring to take over that position. For that matter, how many downs did rodgers play in the time he had as the backup.....Not many except for the preseason from what I can remember.

Every dog has his day, and that is what happened for tampa bay....This is just one loss, the problems are there (ol, dl, coaching) and they need to fix them.

Karps TA
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
The problems have been there for the years, they have not fixed them.

Why some of you guys think that things will magically get better with them doing the same things over and over again is beyond me. If they had the ability to fix these problems don't you think they would have?

They've beaten 2 above .500 teams now in 24 games. 2 teams. Minnesota and Indy, both last year. Rodgers has what 1 4th quarter victory to his resume?

This isn't like the Giant's where they had a good team and have hit a rough patch. It's completely different circumstances. This team is a bottom level team, with bottom level talent in many positions.

Tell me what they are going to do next year for CB's with Al Harris and Woodson in their mid 30's? Harris has already lost a step. Woodson is still playing of his mind, but for a CB when you lose that step you're done.

Tell me what position Ted Thompson has fixed since he's taken over?

Tell me the impact his first round draft picks have made on this team?

Tell me why the team has been a top 5 team in penalties since McCarthy has been coach?

Tell me how it is that our WR's are so great but teams have essentially shut down Greg Jennings all season long. If he's being doubled, why isn't someone else open? How is it that when Rodger's scrambles, NOBODY ever get's open?

I can appreciate being a fan and loving your team. But give me a break. This is a very bad team with more holes then they can fill. Again proven by terrible special teams.

And you can't blame everything on the damn OL. Peyton Manning has played behind a bad line the last 2 years. his line is just as bad as ours is. He has 7 sacks, cause he reads the D and gets rid of the damn ball.

badass88gt
11-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Rodgers does too, he just does like Brent taught him and throws it to the other team.

Waver
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I agree with your statement karps, however, now that farve is gone the problems are apparent even more so now. Yeah, Farve is one of the greatist to play the game and he was able to lessen the bullshit problems that the packers have because of his talent. How can anyone expect a 2nd year qb (I dont give a shit how long he was on the team prior, when you havent played more than what, a down?) to be as good as one of the best right out of a gate?

Waver
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Rodgers does too, he just does like Brent taught him and throws it to the other team.

So either have him hold the ball longer or throw an interception, what would you rather have?

Karps TA
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
How about #3. Throw the ball away and not lose 8 yards? Or if I had to pick an interception honestly. Or atleast let his WR try to make a play on the ball. We supposedly have great WR's. Let them make a play for you. He seems to me to wait until somebody is wide open before throwing the ball. People want to only remember the bad throws that Favre made. Well his WR's (the same ones Rodgers has now) used to make some great plays on the ball. They get paid to catch the ball. The hard catches and the easy ones.

Yesterday's picks were just awful throws. I honestly think Rodgers used a bit too much pain medication to play with those bad feet. At this point I think he's hurt alot more then he's willing to admit and that may hurt the team more this year. If you need steel plates in your shoes so your feet are unable to bend, perhaps you need a little more rest.

Exitspeed
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
The problems have been there for the years, they have not fixed them.

Why some of you guys think that things will magically get better with them doing the same things over and over again is beyond me. If they had the ability to fix these problems don't you think they would have?

They've beaten 2 above .500 teams now in 24 games. 2 teams. Minnesota and Indy, both last year. Rodgers has what 1 4th quarter victory to his resume?

This isn't like the Giant's where they had a good team and have hit a rough patch. It's completely different circumstances. This team is a bottom level team, with bottom level talent in many positions.

Tell me what they are going to do next year for CB's with Al Harris and Woodson in their mid 30's? Harris has already lost a step. Woodson is still playing of his mind, but for a CB when you lose that step you're done.

Tell me what position Ted Thompson has fixed since he's taken over?

Tell me the impact his first round draft picks have made on this team?

Tell me why the team has been a top 5 team in penalties since McCarthy has been coach?

Tell me how it is that our WR's are so great but teams have essentially shut down Greg Jennings all season long. If he's being doubled, why isn't someone else open? How is it that when Rodger's scrambles, NOBODY ever get's open?

I can appreciate being a fan and loving your team. But give me a break. This is a very bad team with more holes then they can fill. Again proven by terrible special teams.

And you can't blame everything on the damn OL. Peyton Manning has played behind a bad line the last 2 years. his line is just as bad as ours is. He has 7 sacks, cause he reads the D and gets rid of the damn ball.

I agree with a lot of this too. The problem isn't so much the problems, it's that they havent' done anything to alleviate the problems. Now, Tauscher was a good player, but really? He was the best they could go out and get? What are they paying him $100 an hour? Quit being so fukcin cheap and go out and get us some talent.

How can anyone expect a 2nd year qb (I dont give a shit how long he was on the team prior, when you havent played more than what, a down?) to be as good as one of the best right out of a gate?

Best comment so far. It's COMPLETELY ludicrous to expect Rodgers to come out and be able to match the type of 4th quarter victories Favre had all those years. Hell Favre didn't even have those kinda wins until he was out there for years. Give the dude a break.

Karps TA
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Favres first start was a 4th quarter comeback. :D

This discussion actually has very little to do with Rodgers overall. I just get bothered to hear the term "great" with a guy who's 10-14 with 8 of those victories coming over really really bad teams. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't done much more then Derek Anderson did 2 years ago in Cleveland when he set the world on fire for 1 season.

I've said it before, the getting rid of Favre thing was dumb, but it's not the worst thing Thompson has done. It may have even been the right thing for the team considering the direction they are headed. If I fault anything in that regard, it's that Thompson didn't trade Favre to the team with the best offer, he was more concerned about trading him to a team they didn't play. Think about how Minnesota would look without Percy Harvin this year if we had their #1 pick?

Thompson's biggest failures are not being able to draft. Lots of wasted picks that have had little to zero impact on the team, especially in the first round with top 15 picks who need to be impact players. Harrel has been a bust, Raji is a non factor, Hawk has been an okay player but not Top 5, Jordy Nelson? give me a break, nice player but he's a 3rd round pick and was not a position of need. You can't swing and miss like that when you plan on building entirely from the draft.

There's been no glimmers of hope. It's just a repeat every weekend. We'll get better, We'll get that fixed, I take the blame, Team wasn't prepared, etc.... There's some damn good coaches sitting out waiting for a good opportunity. Let's get a GM and a Coach and pretend this never happened.

Waver
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
How about #3. Throw the ball away and not lose 8 yards? Or if I had to pick an interception honestly. Or atleast let his WR try to make a play on the ball. We supposedly have great WR's. Let them make a play for you. He seems to me to wait until somebody is wide open before throwing the ball. People want to only remember the bad throws that Favre made.

Really, I dont see anyone doing that in any of these packers threads. In fact, I see that people keep forgetting that he still holds the interception record for both a single season as well as career. He didnt really come onto his own untill his third or fourth season with the packers, when they had some amazing players

Reverend Cooper
11-09-2009, 07:16 PM

A-Rod didn't learn to well,because he is getting the shit sacked outta him and not even trying to make a completion in most cases.Brett took those chances some didn't payoff,but most did and in the most critical parts of the games. Stats or not stats he will never perform as well as Favre did with close to the same team caliber. He is not as good as Favre and never will be except for stats maybe.But hey that and a coke wont get you a superbowl ring.

Waver
11-09-2009, 07:23 PM
A-Rod didn't learn to well,because he is getting the shit sacked outta him and not even trying to make a completion in most cases.Brett took those chances some didn't payoff,but most did and in the most critical parts of the games. Stats or not stats he will never perform as well as Favre did with close to the same team caliber. He is not as good as Favre and never will be except for stats maybe.But hey that and a coke wont get you a superbowl ring.

I agree with this for the most part. look at farve in his first three full years of playing?

http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/careerstats?id=FAV540222

look at the first three years he played for the packers

G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds--Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
16 582 363 62.4 36.4 3,882 6.7 242.6--33 5.7--14 2.4---49--44-4---31--188--90.7

16 522 318 60.9 32.6 3,303 6.3 206.4--19 3.6--24-4.6---66T 37 5---30--199--72.2

15 471 302 64.1 31.4 3,227 6.9 215.1--18 3.8--13 2.8---76T 30-9---34--208--85.3

And these are years that the packers sucked!! Give Rodgers a chance

gottwins?
11-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I agree with your statement karps, however, now that farve is gone the problems are apparent even more so now. Yeah, Farve is one of the greatist to play the game and he was able to lessen the bullshit problems that the packers have because of his talent. How can anyone expect a 2nd year qb (I dont give a shit how long he was on the team prior, when you havent played more than what, a down?) to be as good as one of the best right out of a gate?

Uhm 2 rookie quarterbacks last year made winning teams, Castle had an outstanding year with the patriots, Volek went in for Rivers in the 4th quarter for the chargers in the playoffs against the colts to win the game at the end...and those are just off the top of my head. So YOU need to get your head out of your ass with that "omg hes only played like two years" because it is a load of crap...hes been around the system long enough..this was bretts first year at Minnesota also by the way which was a team that only relied on running. Dont even get me started on brady's first year run to the Superbowl..the denial/excuses for Rodgers are sad.

Honestly you guys should make KARPS the GM, he sounds like someone that would actually build a team on what he sees instead of what he "hopes" and denial. :-P

Reverend Cooper
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I agree with this for the most part. Farve took a lot of chances in his career, however what are his career completion/attempts vs interception stats?

who gives a shit,he wins and wins big games,helps bring a team back in the 4th,stats do not get you a ring.

Reverend Cooper
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Uhm 2 rookie quarterbacks last year made winning teams, Castle had an outstanding year with the patriots, Volek went in for Rivers in the 4th quarter for the chargers in the playoffs against the colts to win the game at the end...and those are just off the top of my head. So YOU need to get your head out of your ass with that "omg hes only played like two years" because it is a load of crap...hes been around the system long enough..this was bretts first year at Minnesota also by the way which was a team that only relied on running.

shit the packers made freeman look like a vet. lol

Waver
11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Uhm 2 rookie quarterbacks last year made winning teams, Castle had an outstanding year with the patriots, Volek went in for Rivers in the 4th quarter for the chargers in the playoffs against the colts to win the game at the end...and those are just off the top of my head. So YOU need to get your head out of your ass with that "omg hes only played like two years" because it is a load of crap...hes been around the system long enough..this was bretts first year at Minnesota also by the way which was a team that only relied on running. Dont even get me started on brady's first year run to the Superbowl..the denial/excuses for Rodgers are sad.

Honestly you guys should make KARPS the GM, he sounds like someone that would actually build a team on what he sees instead of what he "hopes" and denial. :-P

Well here is the difference, Castle had a good overall team to play with, there were no glairing holes and in either the offence and the defence.....bad example. And one quarter dosnt make a qb. Experience does.

Waver
11-09-2009, 07:52 PM
who gives a shit,he wins and wins big games,helps bring a team back in the 4th,stats do not get you a ring.

I correted this, lets do a fair compairison now coop...farve in his first-third year as a starting qb vs rodgers in his first and 2nd year as a starting qb....I think rodgers will get better, and I hope like hell the team will get better....Just saying give the guy a chance

TraceDaddy
11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
And these are years that the packers sucked!! Give Rodgers a chance

I wouldn't say "sucked". At least they were 9-7 those years. Not great but better than 6-10. And that was after being 4-12 not 13-3.

Rocket Power
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't say "sucked". At least they were 9-7 those years. Not great but better than 6-10. And that was after being 4-12 not 13-3.

QFT
If you want suck go back to the 70's and 80's. I remember when 8-8 was an awesome season.

gottwins?
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Well here is the difference, Castle had a good overall team to play with, there were no glairing holes and in either the offence and the defence.....bad example. And one quarter dosnt make a qb. Experience does.

That was just off the top of my head, what about the 2 rookies from last year? Didin't see you mention anything about them. The point is I just said what I can remember in the last few years. 2 years in the NFL is enough time considering the rookies come in and make huge impacts in their team straight out of college, problems or not. Watching favre from the bench and being in the system is already an advantage, period.

You don't seem to understand that people ARE giving Rodgers a chance and they do see the potential. But he is far from "great" at this point in his career.

PB86MCSS
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Heh. Alot of drama queens on this board, that is for sure. Alot of people like to bitch too, much like listening to sports talk radio after a loss to <enter local team here>.

The Packers looked terrible Sunday, all around. I like Rodgers but he played like crap but he isn't the biggest of their worries. Sure, they "only" beat crappy teams other than the Bears but were still up 28-17 in the 4th quarter. This is the NFL where parity rules, although there are more terrible teams this year than I can remember at one time in a long time. Hey, they are still 4-4...not 1-7. Keep it in perspective....how they play the next couple games will determine their season. If they play like they did Sunday, 6-10 again. If they play to their ability, I'll say 9-7 and just miss the Playoffs.

Reverend Cooper
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
animal i remember a 8-8 rhodes year he got the axe instantly.now last year should have been enought to make heads roll,maybe this year will finally see it happen.

Karps TA
11-10-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm not being a drama queen. I've wanted Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy fired about 13 seconds after I found out they were hired. Neither one I felt was qualified for the job. Thompson was a Seattle reject. and McCarthy came from being the Offensive Coordinator from 2 shitty teams the Saints and 49ers.

I'm just excited that people are finally starting to wake up and realize they aren't the answer. I want the team to be a powerhouse again.

Exitspeed
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM

In all fairness I don't think Rodgers ever needs to be as good as Brett Favre. If we're gonna go off of stats and wins, then not Elway, not Montanta, not Marino are better then Favre. If Rodgers ends up being as good as any of those guys even, that's pretty damn "great".

I'll admit at this point calling him great might be a stretch but the guy is pretty damn good. I don't think anyone can say that if he had a solid team around him he wouldn't be having a great season. I realize stats are just stats and they don't win games, but what the guy has been able to do with the limited resources he has is pretty impressive. Historically his kinda of stats relate to wins. He just needs that solid team to put him over the edge.

And I don't see that happening with McCarthy and TT at the wheel.

Karps TA
11-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Only thing I'd say to that is Great QB's make the people around them better then they are and will their teams to win. I'll leave Favre out of this, but take for instance Marino. He had some really bad teams his late years in Miami, yet he still won games completely on his arm. Tom Brady won Super Bowls with people in skill positions that nobody ever heard of. Some players are just natural born winners. They somehow get it done regardless of what is around them. They inspire their fellow players. I've not seen that sense of confidence in Rodgers. And he can maybe grow into that. But team down by 1 score with under 2 minutes or less to play. Can you honestly say you think Rodgers is going down to win the game? It's those times that makes a QB great. It's not what they did the first 58 minutes.

Right now he's a good QB, with an opportunity to be great.

Exitspeed
11-10-2009, 10:35 AM
I agree that I don't have much confidence that he can pull out a come from behind victory. But I do have a lot of faith in him as a QB. If he's not great now, I see him being great in the future.

And right now he's good enough that I want him to be our QB. I can't easily see him go to another team in a couple years and just go buck wild. And we'd all be salty. (haha haven't used that word in a long time)

Neal Steffek
11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Where are all the haters now?

VroomPshhTsi
11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
isn't someone on here a Cowboys fan?

VroomPshhTsi
11-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Jolly is having an amazing game.

Neal Steffek
11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Still looking for the haters.......

Karps TA
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm still here. So what they barely beat another losing team. Their best win by far is the Dallas win, but even they didn't look like a juggernaut today barely beating a bad Washington team.

Sorry if I want this team to get better and win a Super Bowl again and realize the 2 dumbasses running the team currently will not ever put them in position to do it.

Neal Steffek
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm still here. So what they barely beat another losing team. Their best win by far is the Dallas win, but even they didn't look like a juggernaut today barely beating a bad Washington team.

Sorry if I want this team to get better and win a Super Bowl again and realize the 2 dumbasses running the team currently will not ever put them in position to do it.

I would hate to see what you would say if we lived in Cleveland. :wow

Karps TA
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Being a fan to me means wanting the best for your team. Not just putting on green and gold glasses and thinking Super Bowl everytime they win a game against a bad team.

It's not like they dominated the 49ers. Had the 49er's tried to play offense in the first half and make a throw further then 2 yards, the outcome may not have been the same.

The warts are still there on the team, despite the 2 wins. And if Harris is as badly hurt as it sounds they are going to be really screwed on D.

But hey if people are happy with the team the way it is, good for you.

Crawlin
11-22-2009, 05:12 PM

Dan "muthafucking" Marino is proof of that :)

Lost in his only shot at the superbowl

Karps TA
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
My bad both Kampmann and Harris look to be done for the season with torn ACL's.

Neal Steffek
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
My bad both Kampmann and Harris look to be done for the season with torn ACL's.

Where are you reading that?

Karps TA
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Packer Blogs on JSonline.

70challenger452
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Where are you reading that?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/71075032.html

Neal Steffek
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/71075032.html

poop

JaMichaels
11-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Yep, 2 key defenders done for the season. $10 says we lose to the Lions...

PB86MCSS
11-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Their injuries hurt but I've seen Harris burned quite a bit this year and even last year some....he's not in Woodson's class IMO, even if he was voted a pro-bowler last year I'm not sure he was at that level. I like Kampman as much as anyone on the team but he isn't a fit for the 3-4 so his loss might not be a huge deal either. They were starting to get him in better position to make plays and the D played great vs the Cowboys when he was hurt too. The NFL is about parity and anything can happen but I really don't think the Lions pose a serious threat to the Packers. But that's also what everyone thought against the Bucs too. I guess unless they win out there will be upset Packer fans, can't please them all.

Neal Steffek
11-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Packers now have #1 Def in the NFL. Yup, all of you are SO smart for bashing our GM and coach.

Can any of you haters honestly talk smack now?

pw_cc_runner
11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Packers now have #1 Def in the NFL. Yup, all of you are SO smart for bashing our GM and coach.

Can any of you haters honestly talk smack now?

It wont stop until they win the one that counts without #4

Neal Steffek
11-30-2009, 11:28 PM
It wont stop until they win the one that counts without #4

Like the 16 times #4 COULDN'T get it dont in GB.

pw_cc_runner
12-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Like the 16 times #4 COULDN'T get it dont in GB.

Exactly, these people aren't rational :rolf

Karps TA
12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Ohh #1 defense playing such offensive juggernaugts like

St. Louis #24 in offense
Cleveland #32 in offense
San Fransico #28 in offense
Detroit #26 in offense (played twice)
Chicago #23 in offense
Tampa Bay #28 in offense

A combined record of 9-66

Yes I can see why people would be so impressed with them. Being able to shut down the worst teams in the league is quite an accomplishment.

Exitspeed
12-01-2009, 09:07 AM

St. Louis #24 in offense
Cleveland #32 in offense
Chicago #23 in offense
Tampa Bay #28 in offense

Yes I can see why people would be so impressed with them. Being able to shut down the worst teams in the league is quite an accomplishment.

Negative negative negative.

I'm still hoping McCarthy and TT getting outted when the season is over (although my hoe for that is diminishing since things seem to be turning around), but a record is a record. There's a LOT of bad teams this year, and over the last few weeks it looks like the Packers may not be one of them. And think about it, the teams we've lost against are 10-1 (Viks), The Bengals who everyone thought was shit at the beginning of the year and they've turned out to be pretty damn good at 8-3. The loss against Tampon Bay was just a inexcusable.

The big thing for me is we're protecting Rodgers now. Sure it was the Lions, but did you see how much time Rodgers had in the pocket on Thur? He coulda ordered room service he had so much time. Again, that was against the Lions. MON will be the big test for us right now on how good our OL is doing.

Karps TA
12-01-2009, 09:21 AM
It's not being negative. It's actually looking at the stats.

The record is what it is, I agree. But let's not get excited about a defense that was able to shut down really bad teams. Well cept the one they lost to. They did shut down Dallas, a top 10 offense. They are playing much better. But they are playing well against bad teams.

I will bang my drum as loud as possible until the 2 clowns get shoved out of town.

badass88gt
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM

St. Louis #24 in offense
Cleveland #32 in offense
Chicago #23 in offense
Tampa Bay #28 in offense

There is no arguing what this man is saying. Its plain truth.

pw_cc_runner
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
There is no arguing what this man is saying. Its plain truth.

well except for Tampa Bay... you could argue they beat the teams they were supposed to beat. I would call that a success. What level of success? Who knows?!?

70challenger452
12-02-2009, 09:46 AM
It's not being negative. It's actually looking at the stats.

The record is what it is, I agree. But let's not get excited about a defense that was able to shut down really bad teams. Well cept the one they lost to. They did shut down Dallas, a top 10 offense. They are playing much better. But they are playing well against bad teams.

I will bang my drum as loud as possible until the 2 clowns get shoved out of town.

While I agree with what your saying, strength of schedule is actually weighed in, in the process of making the rankings.

Neal Steffek
12-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Let me just bump this back up for a Packer team that just beat a very good Ravens team.......

pw_cc_runner
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Let me just bump this back up for a Packer team that just beat a very good Ravens team.......

oh boy, get ready cause here it comes.

Sure a win is a win, but seriously?

70challenger452
12-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't say very good team but a good team non the less. If driver wouldn't have fumbled that ball I'm pretty sure we would have ran away with it.

What went good for us:
-Ravens made mistakes and we capitalized. 14 points off turnover's, could have done more with them but we did enough.

-The oline. While non of them are any great they've clearly been giving rodgers more time. The run game wasn't overly effective but we got good pop off the ball and with Grant and Green running hard we were able to pick up some tough yards against a great run defense.

-Run defense, another great game by this new 3-4, what a difference from last year

-Questionable calls. While that went both ways, some of those pass interference calls were a bit redic.

What went shitty
-Mistakes. This is what wins and looses football games. The first pick wasn't horrible, gave them bad field position so it didn't hurt us other than killing the drive. Now the fumble by driver killed the momentum we had and gave it all to the ravens. The interception that came later on was just a combination of a low pass, misjudgment on drivers part and bad luck, shit happens, but it hurt.
-Special teams- no surprise here, they still suck. Why we don't have Tracy White anymore still confuses me.
-Questionable calls-again, went both ways but how does tapping a wr on the chest while going for the ball call for a defensive pass interference.

Overall- Simple they made more mistakes than us, and both sides of the ball showed up to play, just not the special teams.

Karps TA
12-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Let's give McCarthy and Thompson 10 year contracts now!!!

I gotta say the refs played awesome last night. They completely exploded on offense. Hoepfully Thompson can take some of that 16 million of unused cap space he's not using to sign his key free agents and spend it on the refs, since they were the MVP's of last night.

70challenger452
12-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Let's give McCarthy and Thompson 10 year contracts now!!!

I gotta say the refs played awesome last night. They completely exploded on offense. Hoepfully Thompson can take some of that 16 million of unused cap space he's not using to sign his key free agents and spend it on the refs, since they were the MVP's of last night.

Not to be a dick but why do you hate the packers so much? Or are you just rooting for them to loose so somehow that will make Favre, Wolf and Holmgren come back? Then maybe will you be happy?

Karps TA
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I just can't stand McCarthy and Thompson. This has nothing to do with Wolf, or Holmgren (who needed to go at the end because his ego was out of control). I just find both of them to be such clowns that I have a hard time even enjoying watching them play. My only Favre issue is that Thompson was more concerned about trading him to someone they didn't play then who would have given us the most for him. In the end Rodgers is a better fit for this team now.

Thompson because he refuses to spend any money. Look at this year, they are 16 million under the cap and have a bunch of players that are key players that need to be resigned. He's not even talking to them yet about contract extensions. I'm guessing he's thinking next year of getting younger again, cause that's his whole mode. The team could go 12-4 make the NFC championship game, and he'll still not sign free agents to put them over the top, instead he'll reach on draft picks. For example, he came into the season knowing the OL was a weakness, and had to fall back on 2 old guys because he can't draft linemen.

McCarthy because he doesn't do anything to fix problems. This team continues to just rack up penalties and stupid plays. The beginning of the season his refusal to change anything and let Rodgers get killed was just insane. It took him 8-9 games into the season to do anything to help Rodgers out, like quick slants, screens. That's the kinda moves a high school coach would know to do.

Yes they are winning, but mostly cause the other team is playing even dumber. Flacco last night had his head up his ass. His INT's were Joey Harrington type bad.

As I've said before I just want the best for this team, and they ain't it. Next year they'll get a tough schedule (like last years) and they'll be back to under .500.

GTSLOW
12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Hate hate hate hate.

Karps TA
12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Not all hate. I love Driver, love Woodson, love Pickett. I mean really player wise I really only can't stand Collins and Barnett. Oh and Colledge cause he's just a big bag of shit.

I was just so happy that finally people were seeing things after the Tampa Bay game. But of course fans are bandwagon jumpers and as soon as they win a game they forget all the shit that they were saying beforehand.

Atleast I'm consistent and don't change my opinions based on a win or lose each week. I don't see anything wrong with wanting the team to get better in 2 key positions.

gottwins?
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Not all hate. I love Driver, love Woodson, love Pickett. I mean really player wise I really only can't stand Collins and Barnett. Oh and Colledge cause he's just a big bag of shit.

I was just so happy that finally people were seeing things after the Tampa Bay game. But of course fans are bandwagon jumpers and as soon as they win a game they forget all the shit that they were saying beforehand.

Atleast I'm consistent and don't change my opinions based on a win or lose each week. I don't see anything wrong with wanting the team to get better in 2 key positions.

I agree with your comments...people just want wins in GB I guess but in order to win the superbowl you have to do way better than last night. I mean, do people really think the packers stand a chance against the saints? or even the vikings who slaughtered them twice already this year? No way

Neal Steffek
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I agree with your comments...people just want wins in GB I guess but in order to win the superbowl you have to do way better than last night. I mean, do people really think the packers stand a chance against the saints? or even the vikings who slaughtered them twice already this year? No way

You mean the saints who had to go into overtime to beat the skins? The Saints played WAY more sloppy then the Pack last night. And lets not even talk about the Vikes who have half their team hurt now.

It's all about how you are playing now, not last month. After the first 5 weeks the Chargers were 2-3. Think the Coach and GM should have been fired over there at that point?

gottwins?
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
It's all about how you are playing now, not last month. After the first 5 weeks the Chargers were 2-3. Think the Coach and GM should have been fired over there at that point?

Actually yes, ive wanted Norv gone since he took the 14-2 charger team and made it into an 8-8 team. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the long run and playoffs (its all set up perfectly with the demise of the steelers and patriots) and the chargers being the colts kryptonite, time will tell but I really hope I am wrong. :-/

Im not a packer fan but it would be nice to have them go all the way simply because I am exhausted of all this saints and favre+vikings talk...but I just don't see them being in that league yet..again it would be nice if I was wrong.

Neal Steffek
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Actually yes, ive wanted Norv gone since he took the 14-2 charger team and made it into an 8-8 team. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the long run and playoffs (its all set up perfectly with the demise of the steelers and patriots) and the chargers being the colts kryptonite, time will tell but I really hope I am wrong. :-/

Im not a packer fan but it would be nice to have them go all the way simply because I am exhausted of all this saints and favre+vikings talk...but I just don't see them being in that league yet..again it would be nice if I was wrong.

Of all the NFL teams right now, the Chargers are playing the best. Saints and Colts are just squeeking out wins, and the Vikes are hurting big time with injurys.

PB86MCSS
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't get some fans at times....it is almost like rooting against them to prove they are right or something. I mean, really? Are the Thomspon haters even open to the idea they might be wrong? Be fair here...you don't have to like him or anyone for that matter, nor agree with his moves but we also don't know everything they know or see behind the scenes. It's easy to be an armchair QB or GM. For the record I don't like Thompson but don't think hes the worst GM or even close....too cheap? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. I wish he was more aggressive in free agency to a point. I'd rather error on the side of being cheap and young vs old and overpaid, especially in our market. The NFL is working fine with revenue sharing but Green Bay might not be able to match what the big market teams are spending either. The disparity in bigger market teams seems to be growing in the last 5 years or so. Might be one reason they hired a guy like Thompson, knowing his track record, I don't know. And he does deserve credit for going with Capers and the 3-4...if it blew up in his face, blame him all you want (and maybe it still will) but considering how the D is performing with the new scheme, give him some props as well as McCarthy.

Can't replace the great teams with Wolf/Holmgren/Favre, but let's be real. Appreciate what "we" have, 8-4 and playing pretty well, not great but how many teams are? As it was pointed out the Vikings and Saints didn't look good this week, the NFL still has alot of parity. I guess unless you are one of the top elite teams you must suck. Last year the Packer's were unlucky with 7 loses of 4 points or less, some fault is theirs but there are breaks and luck involved. In 07' they were luckier with alot of close wins (don't say it was all the QB either, that's crap), this year about right so far. If the Packer's suck, well the ONLY team the Viking's have beaten who is over .500 is the Packers so what does that say about Minnesota? An even worse schedule so far than the Pack and the Packers hung with them for the most part, a miracle considering how terrible the o-line was for those games.

I predicted 10-6 and still think that's how they end, making the Playoffs and who knows....I won't expect them to do much but stuff can happen, maybe they'll be playing Arizona in back to back weeks at AZ for all we know. I sure would love to see a 3rd installment of the Packers vs Vikings in the Playoffs :D . It's also almost like clockwork that one of the 1/2 seeds will lose it's first game in the Playoffs too. The Packers aren't great but are good enough to be a Playoff team especially with how the D is playing. I wouldn't mind them canning Thompson and whoever would be new could add a couple peices but relax and realize he will be here at least one more year unless we tank the next 4 games....and if anyone is rooting for them to do that just to get rid of him...you aren't a real fan IMO.

/rant

70challenger452
12-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't get some fans at times....it is almost like rooting against them to prove they are right or something. I mean, really? Are the Thomspon haters even open to the idea they might be wrong? Be fair here...you don't have to like him or anyone for that matter, nor agree with his moves but we also don't know everything they know or see behind the scenes. It's easy to be an armchair QB or GM. For the record I don't like Thompson but don't think hes the worst GM or even close....too cheap? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. I wish he was more aggressive in free agency to a point. I'd rather error on the side of being cheap and young vs old and overpaid, especially in our market. The NFL is working fine with revenue sharing but Green Bay might not be able to match what the big market teams are spending either. The disparity in bigger market teams seems to be growing in the last 5 years or so. Might be one reason they hired a guy like Thompson, knowing his track record, I don't know. And he does deserve credit for going with Capers and the 3-4...if it blew up in his face, blame him all you want (and maybe it still will) but considering how the D is performing with the new scheme, give him some props as well as McCarthy.

Can't replace the great teams with Wolf/Holmgren/Favre, but let's be real. Appreciate what "we" have, 8-4 and playing pretty well, not great but how many teams are? As it was pointed out the Vikings and Saints didn't look good this week, the NFL still has alot of parity. I guess unless you are one of the top elite teams you must suck. Last year the Packer's were unlucky with 7 loses of 4 points or less, some fault is theirs but there are breaks and luck involved. In 07' they were luckier with alot of close wins (don't say it was all the QB either, that's crap), this year about right so far. If the Packer's suck, well the ONLY team the Viking's have beaten who is over .500 is the Packers so what does that say about Minnesota? An even worse schedule so far than the Pack and the Packers hung with them for the most part, a miracle considering how terrible the o-line was for those games.

I predicted 10-6 and still think that's how they end, making the Playoffs and who knows....I won't expect them to do much but stuff can happen, maybe they'll be playing Arizona in back to back weeks at AZ for all we know. I sure would love to see a 3rd installment of the Packers vs Vikings in the Playoffs :D . It's also almost like clockwork that one of the 1/2 seeds will lose it's first game in the Playoffs too. The Packers aren't great but are good enough to be a Playoff team especially with how the D is playing. I wouldn't mind them canning Thompson and whoever would be new could add a couple peices but relax and realize he will be here at least one more year unless we tank the next 4 games....and if anyone is rooting for them to do that just to get rid of him...you aren't a real fan IMO.

/rant

word

Neal Steffek
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Just a heads up. The Packers just won their 5th game in a row. Still looking for the haters. Anyone think TT still sucks? Yea, I didn't think so.

GTSLOW
12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Was an interesting game to watch. :D I'm far from anything even close to a football expert. But I'd say they played a good 1st quarter, a terrible 2nd/3rd, and a decent 4th. Just my opinion. We shall see next week!!!

badass88gt
12-13-2009, 06:42 PM
How does this streak make TT worth a shit? I missed the great plays he made?

Goat Roper
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
TT did what he had to do. He knew they needed to find out if Rodgers was their future QB AND his contract was about up. Had a choice of keeping the drama queen or getting Rodgers ready. He chose Rodgers. Why? The drama queen retires, finally and Rodgers bolts for a team that he will be starting for and what are we left with? Flynn...or whoever in the hell that is.

pw_cc_runner
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
while they won again, they still played a game that would probably get them beat come December/January. We are still seeing A LOT of slop that has to get cleaned up immediately

70challenger452
12-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I think the biggest problem lately has been the inability to put teams out of reach by finishing drives. I getting really sick of the short feild goals we have to take and the missed long ones. WTF has happened to Crosby?

Neal Steffek
12-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Still looking for the past haters. Pack is in the playoffs. Looking for everyone who said TT sucks, and Mike sucks as a coach.

Oh yea, and the Vikes lost 2 of the last 3 games. If they lose tomarrow night to the Bears I will laugh my ass off at all you.

Goat Roper
12-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Yep, and Rodgers has almost the exact same stats even though Favre is playing for a team with arguably alot more talent.

Getting rid of Favre was the best long term move evar.

badass88gt
12-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Still looking for the past haters. Pack is in the playoffs. Looking for everyone who said TT sucks, and Mike sucks as a coach.

Oh yea, and the Vikes lost 2 of the last 3 games. If they lose tomarrow night to the Bears I will laugh my ass off at all you.

Who cares about the Vikings, they are not "our" team. Its funny how the players finally getting their heads out of their asses and playing like professional football players all of a sudden makes Thompson man of the year. The guy is still a jerkoff whether Bigby makes 2 INTs or not. Brandon Jackson having a career day today still doesnt make TT worth a shit.

The Pack is playing great, but dont make it look like TT has anything to do with it. This guy's points still stand...

Thompson because he refuses to spend any money. Look at this year, they are 16 million under the cap and have a bunch of players that are key players that need to be resigned. He's not even talking to them yet about contract extensions. I'm guessing he's thinking next year of getting younger again, cause that's his whole mode. The team could go 12-4 make the NFC championship game, and he'll still not sign free agents to put them over the top, instead he'll reach on draft picks. For example, he came into the season knowing the OL was a weakness, and had to fall back on 2 old guys because he can't draft linemen.

McCarthy because he doesn't do anything to fix problems. This team continues to just rack up penalties and stupid plays. The beginning of the season his refusal to change anything and let Rodgers get killed was just insane. It took him 8-9 games into the season to do anything to help Rodgers out, like quick slants, screens. That's the kinda moves a high school coach would know to do.

T-Bag
12-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't say Mike absolutely sucks as a coach, but he DOES get WAY to conservative at times when they need to be aggressive...last weeks game was an example. It was no surprise that we destroyed the Seahawks today as they are pretty terribad.

The Packers are a good team, SB worthy? Shit the Cardinals went last year, anything can happen but I doubt it.

Car Guy
12-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Why after 7 pages of posting is this thread not in the FOOTBALL section...??? :goof

Neal Steffek
12-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Why after 7 pages of posting is this thread not in the FOOTBALL section...??? :goof

Shush you. This is my time and place to gloat on how awesome I am at watching way to much football. :goof

Yooformula
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM

maybe because his thread wasnt started a WEEK after the incident took place:goof

Karps TA
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats on them making the playoffs. But for once an announcer made a great point, and something I've said before. The team got rich playing the worst teams in the league this year. Other then Dallas when the Defense played a good offense, they didn't just give up some points, but gave up huge numbers. Come playoff time they'll need to play out of their minds in order to get past anyone.

I'm sure Murphy is already giving TT and MM 10 year extensions and naming streets after them.

GTSLOW
12-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Can we start a new thread about the pack instead of using this dead horse Bucaneers thread. :confused Or is it a sad reminder?

Neal Steffek
12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Can we start a new thread about the pack instead of using this dead horse Bucaneers thread. :confused Or is it a sad reminder?

No.

There are to many haters who will swing from the nuts from the Pack only after they win, but will kick dirt in there face afer any L. For anyone who has post saying the Pack sucks in this thread, please never post about football ever again. You don't know what you are talking about.

flyin_blue_egg
12-27-2009, 03:53 PM
good win today. now rodgers and the rest of the starters can treat next week like a preseason game and only play the 1st half. To me there's no reason to play more as there's nothing more to gain.

Neal Steffek
12-27-2009, 03:55 PM
good win today. now rodgers and the rest of the starters can treat next week like a preseason game and only play the 1st half. To me there's no reason to play more as there's nothing more to gain.

Wrong, we still need to play for the 5th seed, and not slip to the 6th seed. We still need to win next week. This is of course depends on what Philly and Dallas does today.

flyin_blue_egg
12-27-2009, 04:20 PM
^^^hmmm i didn't realize that, dallas will prob lose tonight anyways.

Car Guy
12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
maybe because his thread wasnt started a WEEK after the incident took place:goof

:confused

PB86MCSS
12-27-2009, 06:02 PM
And the Vikings have had at least as easy of a schedule but I don't hear anyone mention that but me. Packers beat some patsys but look around, the NFL has a ton of shitty teams this year, the Packers did what they were supposed to do to them. Can't win I guess. Find a team with a stellar record against 10-5, 11-3 type teams.

Reverend Cooper
12-27-2009, 06:13 PM
^^^hmmm i didn't realize that, dallas will prob lose tonight anyways.

hopefullly it will keep them from failing in the post season. Im praying the pack does tho.

Neal Steffek
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I want everyone who hated on TT and MM to say they are sorry.

badass88gt
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Ted Thompson is the greatest human being on the face of the Earth. McCarthy is a very close 2nd.

Everything ever done in the past is forgiven.

Never once said the Packers suck, just the 2 dickholes mentioned above. I'm curious, what makes you think TT is deserving of an apology from anyone who thinks he's less than perfect? What has he done?

PB86MCSS
01-03-2010, 11:41 PM
He decided to go with Capers and bring along the 3-4, worked pretty well. Signed Woodson, drafted Rodgers. Those are the high points....I haven't gone player by player but since he has been the GM for what, 5 years now?, I'm positive more than half if not 2/3 (or more) of this roster is of his making. He is stubborn and too cheap at times but overall, he has been above average, IMO. The Favre situation was a debacle that both sides can take blame for but I backed the orginization on moving on and think it worked out pretty well, no matter how good Brett is playing yet...Rodgers is playing just as well and will be our QB for along time, not worrying year by year anymore. I'm not a Thomspon fan but don't get the hate for him. It's not like he punched people in the face and kicked their dog.

Exitspeed
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
He decided to go with Capers and bring along the 3-4, worked pretty well. Signed Woodson, drafted Rodgers. Those are the high points....I haven't gone player by player but since he has been the GM for what, 5 years now?, I'm positive more than half if not 2/3 (or more) of this roster is of his making. He is stubborn and too cheap at times but overall, he has been above average, IMO. The Favre situation was a debacle that both sides can take blame for but I backed the orginization on moving on and think it worked out pretty well, no matter how good Brett is playing yet...Rodgers is playing just as well and will be our QB for along time, not worrying year by year anymore. I'm not a Thomspon fan but don't get the hate for him. It's not like he punched people in the face and kicked their dog.

I like this post. I still want to see him gone because I think we could do even better without his road blocks. But I agree with almost everything you said.

DirtyMax
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I just don't like being so far under the cap. $16 million could sign some decent players. IIRC, the Packers are a pretty profitable organization and they owe it to the shareholders and people who pack the seats to spend the money.

Exitspeed
01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I just don't like being so far under the cap. $16 million could sign some decent players. IIRC, the Packers are a pretty profitable organization and they owe it to the shareholders and people who pack the seats to spend the money.

I agree 100%.