PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment hits 10.2%

Got Boost
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Crazy I glad OBama says the economy is getting better http://www.reuters.com/ :wooo

Al
11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Crazy I glad OBama says the economy is getting better http://www.reuters.com/ :wooo

The second derivative of the unemployment curve is positive!

[major sarcasm]
In other words: the rate at which unemployment is increasing has been slowing.

If the second derivative of the unemployment curve remains positive, then the rate of unemployment growth should eventually stop...and then reverse.

It's all in how you translate the numbers!
[/major sarcasm]

GTSLOW
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Lets get some more dems into office. I'm sure things will get better. :rolleyes:

Al
11-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Lets get some more dems into office. I'm sure things will get better. :rolleyes:

Then again, things began looking grim when there were fewer of them around.

Exitspeed
11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
We don't need no stinkin jobs. We can just live off the go'ment.

Al
11-06-2009, 11:43 AM
We don't need no stinkin jobs. We can just live off the go'ment.

'bama has some $ fo me!

Yooformula
11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Now does that mean less people are collecting unemployment but not necessarily working? because for alot of people their extensions have run out so they wouldnt be on the system anymore. Wouldnt that show them as no longer unemployed? if the trends are truly showing it slowing down, why have they allocated more money so they extend it?

Korndogg
11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
all hail chocolate jesus!

Prince Valiant
11-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Now does that mean less people are collecting unemployment but not necessarily working? because for alot of people their extensions have run out so they wouldnt be on the system anymore. Wouldnt that show them as no longer unemployed? if the trends are truly showing it slowing down, why have they allocated more money so they extend it? true unemployment numbers are decidedly higher...shadowstats.com (http://www.shadowstats.com/) here pegged
the rate at b/w 18% and 22%...they purport to look behind and beyond gov't reporting numbers. You are right, once somone stops seeking unemployment compensation because the are no longer eligible, then they are no longer counted.

GTSLOW
11-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I know of one worthless sob out there milking the unemployment system. I'm sure there's many more. Why work when you can sit at home banking of the government. :fire

CPonyGo
11-06-2009, 06:23 PM
raises hand that is receiving a weekly Ocare check thanks.....and kiss my ass if no one likes it..been working far longer than most here have been alive...so until it picks up..its my Ocare and cash jobs for the win.....

SSDude
11-06-2009, 08:29 PM
And by passing the Porkulis Bill, unemployment wont go over 8%
So... hows that "Hope and Change" working for ya?

Al
11-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I know of one worthless sob out there milking the unemployment system. I'm sure there's many more. Why work when you can sit at home banking of the government. :fire

I know one too! Most people I know want to put him on a permanent DL.
Seriously! 1 hour ago, it was the topic of choice.

Moparjim
11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah I agree "real" unemployment is much higher. I think its called the "U-6" unemployment or something similar - the percentage that includes everything - people that are unemployed, unemployment ran out, went to school since they lost their jobs, are "underemployed" or working part time since they lost their job, etc. The "unemployment" percentages quoted in the news (which are bad/high enough!) typically are only the people actually collecting unemployment still...

Inspector13
11-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Found out Friday that I may not have a job on Wednesday. Monday bright and early I'm heading out with a fat stack of resumes and a pocket full of pens just in case.

Horrible timing too as I just bought a house a few months ago. At least my mortgage w/ property tax is less then $400 a month (which my gf can easily cover on her own).

<----:loser