PDA

View Full Version : Are people that dumb?? Craigslist

MoCkiN U
11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I am looking for a bike (or was before losing job) and in the process of sending emails on craigslist I got a good reply about a gsxr I sent on friday.

Hi,
the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. it comes with a clean title and the price I'm selling it for is $2800, which is including all charges.
I used to live in Merrillville but I'm currently working in the UK (London) and I'll be moving here permanently within the next few months and I can't afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go.
I'm using a privately-held company called Safehouse Self Storage Ltd. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. they are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day return policy, title transfer service or/and (if needed) returns and refunding.
if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how the company works and how we can move forward.
Thanks

I can't afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go.

Really? Cant afford to take it with but if you google safehouse storage its a london based company. Damn, they arent even good liars

Car Guy
11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
S c a m

Nix
11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
S c a m

Thank you Captain Obvious!! :goof

Damn scammers are like cockroaches now a days.

Car Guy
11-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious!! :goof

Damn scammers are like cockroaches now a days.

I wasn't sure if Kelley was aware it's a scam......:)

:rolf

http://www.heymister.net/storage/SCARFACE_COCKROACHES.jpg

Nix
11-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Its actually one of the better ones where they actually try to use proper grammar and such. But every time you UK, London, England etc... its a dead giveaway.

When will these pole smokers learn.

I suppose there always people out there that still fall for this shit otherwise you would assume they would stop eventually.

BoosTT
11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Ofcourse keep effing with them. Ask for weird pictures... like the right turn signal when lit. lol.

MoCkiN U
11-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I already sent a nice "keep your scam email"

just not worth the brain power

xwing
11-06-2009, 06:54 AM
That is funny, keep asking for specific pictures and details, kind of a daily entertainment to jerk THEM along!
I don't need Craigslist to tell me people are dumb. Look at inexperienced liar communist who got voted Prez :) oops

Coops Brother
11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I was involved with one on an RV trailer. The guy was living in Green Bay, and moved back to Canada. He was using some site, oh yeah, garage sale .c om, or something like that. He was asking 5500 bucks, so I asked him where I could see it, the answer was he didn't know to which warehouse they had it at....red flag, you don't know where your 5K+ stuff is at??? So I did play with him a bit, asking dumb questions and stuff like that, then I low balled the hell out of him, offered him $3000, that is the last I heard of him.

Yes, Car Guy I was aware that it was a scam....

Car Guy
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Jeez next time I won't say a word, was just trying to help.....:(