PDA

View Full Version : Found another site for HID's for $42 shipped!

Yooformula
11-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Just tossing this out there, found it on another site I frequent. It was nice because I got tracking info the next morning and shows it was shipped too! Beats waiting for the long ass time I waited with DDM.

Heres the link- http://www.hidxtra.com/d7/d7.html

Username-hid
Pass-hid873

That_Guy
11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
i have a friend who can get those raptor hid's for 32 dollars shipped he said he doesnt know how long the wait will be. I might cancell my order just to get them a little bit faster

pOrk
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Those are the big ballast lights, blah

Yooformula
11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
they dont look too bad as far as size and they come with mounting hardware and bracket not to mention the wire actually has a plug on it unlike what I got from DDM, just 2 raw wires. oh yeah this was 2 days total in ship time from payment till doorstep.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ev8b2h.jpg

theavenger333
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
once you have an account with DDM established the shipping time goes way down. it only took 3 days to get my 2nd kit from them..... either way it seems like a good deal

pOrk
11-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Yoo, I got plastic mounting clips with mine and all the wires had ends on them. I'm pretty sure it depends on which bulbs size you get

BadAzzGTA89
11-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Looks like a good deal Yoo let us know how they work!

lilws6
11-06-2009, 07:56 AM
mine came with mounts on the ballasts as well and all pugs were there. i needed the slim balast for the bike so ddm worked for me. not saying these arn't a good deal for anyone else

CobaltSSTuner
11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
good find! these look like a better quality

PureSound15
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
good find! these look like a better quality

How so? From my perspective, the DDM kits are better quality (aside from some of the pin swaps).

A higher quality ballast is slim because of the components.

That being said - for under $50, I don' think anyone should complain about the quality of the kit.

Yooformula
11-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Whatever just another option. From what I have read alot of places, the DDM kits seem to have shorter life span and alot of people have had issues with the incorrect bulb temps and shit. Mine didnt come with brackets or hardware and no plugs on the wires. I had to insert the stripped wires into the factory plug, still easy but wouldnt have killed them to have the correct plugs with the kit or even directions.

PureSound15
11-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Whatever just another option. From what I have read alot of places, the DDM kits seem to have shorter life span and alot of people have had issues with the incorrect bulb temps and shit. Mine didnt come with brackets or hardware and no plugs on the wires. I had to insert the stripped wires into the factory plug, still easy but wouldnt have killed them to have the correct plugs with the kit or even directions.

Oddly enough, I went to switch on the fog lights in the cobra to make sure there wasn't any condensation in the housing that could fry the bulb..... and whammy, doesn't work.

:( I'll try your kit, yoo. My ballasts are mounted right on the frame so I've got a bunch of room.

CobaltSSTuner
11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
How so? From my perspective, the DDM kits are better quality (aside from some of the pin swaps).

A higher quality ballast is slim because of the components.

That being said - for under $50, I don' think anyone should complain about the quality of the kit.

I completely agree.

I ordered a kit from the other site and it was kind of rough. I understand that it was 40 dollars. I'm not at all bothered by it either.

From the way mine were when i got them and the way those look. They just don't look as cheap.

Yooformula
11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Mine came in today so a total of 3 days for mine. It came with good instructions with pictures and the ballast was a bit bigger but not by much and they actually explained about swapping the plug around if it didnt fire up the first time. I am impressed with this set so far and I have a set from each company. I cant believe the difference between these and the Silverstar Ultras(Yes NOW I know they are just hype).

HITMAN
11-08-2009, 05:21 AM
I just bought a thin ballast, 6000°K, bi-xenon 9004 kit from the sight that Yoo put up. This will be my first adventure in aftermarket HIDs. Once it's installed, I might just have the only HID equipped Toyota Turtel on the planet.... :thumbsup :rolf

theavenger333
11-09-2009, 12:06 AM
6000k is gonna be annoyingly blue... fyi. especially considering it's your first venture into HIDs. good luck sir

Yooformula
11-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I accidentally ordered the 6k kit when I meant to order the 5k's. Anyways, they arent as bad as you might think. From what I have read almost every hid kit can have a slightly different tint to them. The 6k tint in my fogs(from DDM) are a bit bluer than these headlights I just bought.
left side is the new hid kit, the right side is the silverstar ultra.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0211.sized.jpg
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0212.sized.jpg
detailed instructions
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0215.sized.jpg
Both 6k hid
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0216.sized.jpg

with high beams
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0214.sized.jpg

Yooformula
11-09-2009, 12:46 AM
I think for $19, I may swap out my 6k fogs and get either 3k or 4k for the fogs instead.

theavenger333
11-09-2009, 09:04 AM
who takes lighting pictures in the daytime? really....

PureSound15
11-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I think for $19, I may swap out my 6k fogs and get either 3k or 4k for the fogs instead.

Good call - my 5000k are bluer than anyone would expect, but HID bulbs also colorshift and become whiter over time.

xxtremeteam
11-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I would like to get these for my dd ford fusion but I have a message center and people who have switched to hid lights get a error message in there but the lights work

Yooformula
11-09-2009, 09:31 AM
who takes lighting pictures in the daytime? really....

well I just got done installing them and you could see the difference even at 3pm when I took them, it did look too bright in the pic though. I'll git some at night for ya steve:flipoff2::goof

pOrk
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM

What size bulb do you have in your fog lights? I have H4's in 3000k I could trade you

Yooformula
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
an 880 sized bulb Eric. post a pic maybe they are interchangeable. I've others that will work with a tiny bit of modification or they just swap in.

scratch that, just googled em. wont work. those might fit the conversion housings for the formula but NOT in yellow.

lilws6
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
i like the 8000k one i got for the bike but i guess i like that blue look. Purple is pushign it tho so 8000k is where i stop

Yooformula
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
here ya go Steve..
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0226.sized.jpg
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0229.sized.jpg

HITMAN
11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
6000k is gonna be annoyingly blue... fyi. especially considering it's your first venture into HIDs. good luck sir

Eh, we'll see. If I don't like the tint, I can always order the 5000°K bulbs. While I'm not trying for the ricer blue look, I'd rather have them on the bluish side than green. A friend bought an aftermarket HID kit for his GMC pick-up(not Yoo) and he went with 5000° K. They look green to me. Bleh. I would love the pure white look, but I'll err on the side of blue. I figure that the 6K is still going to be miles ahead of the 8, 10,or 12K as far as blue is concerned. Besides, right now I'm sporting one standard halogen and one purplish Showoff bulb (other one blew up) that I had left over from my old '92 'Stang GT. I originally bought these bulbs back in '01 because when you look at a lot of the factory HID set-ups (GMC Envoy was what I had in mind at the time) the bulbs have a blue/purple tint to them from the actual arc taking place in the bulb. I was trying to replicate that look. For whatever reason that Showoff bulb really makes the lines painted on the road POP a lot more than do the Silver Stars I had in my Honda. I hope I get a similar effect from these HIDs, as my night vision is slightly degraded from what it once was, and with winter coming up and having to drive from the airport out to Waterford in the dark, I figure I can use all the help I can get.

PureSound15
11-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Eh, we'll see. If I don't like the tint, I can always order the 5000°K bulbs. While I'm not trying for the ricer blue look, I'd rather have them on the bluish side than green. A friend bought an aftermarket HID kit for his GMC pick-up(not Yoo) and he went with 5000° K. They look green to me. Bleh. I would love the pure white look, but I'll err on the side of blue. I figure that the 6K is still going to be miles ahead of the 8, 10,or 12K as far as blue is concerned. Besides, right now I'm sporting one standard halogen and one purplish Showoff bulb (other one blew up) that I had left over from my old '92 'Stang GT. I originally bought these bulbs back in '01 because when you look at a lot of the factory HID set-ups (GMC Envoy was what I had in mind at the time) the bulbs have a blue/purple tint to them from the actual arc taking place in the bulb. I was trying to replicate that look. For whatever reason that Showoff bulb really makes the lines painted on the road POP a lot more than do the Silver Stars I had in my Honda. I hope I get a similar effect from these HIDs, as my night vision is slightly degraded from what it once was, and with winter coming up and having to drive from the airport out to Waterford in the dark, I figure I can use all the help I can get.

Green is from a new bulb, usually. That will color shift out just like some of the blueness will from a 6000k + bulb.

anything more than 5000k is frustrating to me not because of how it looks in the housing, but because if the road is wet - I couldn't see shit!

Try it, though, it's cheaper now than it was when I boutht the first aftermarket HID kid 10 years ago for $1400!

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Ordered mine today, hopefully get them before the weekend.

HITMAN
11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Green is from a new bulb, usually. That will color shift out just like some of the blueness will from a 6000k + bulb.

anything more than 5000k is frustrating to me not because of how it looks in the housing, but because if the road is wet - I couldn't see shit!

Try it, though, it's cheaper now than it was when I boutht the first aftermarket HID kid 10 years ago for $1400!

$1400? I'll take two, they're small...:wow

Yeah, being able to see the road when it's wet is critical to me. I don't know if you've ever been on HWY 36 in the dark during a rain storm, but they don't maintain the road lines out here very well and when they're wet, they're very hard to see, especially because 36, once you're west/southwest of HWY 45, has very little in the way of highway lighting. I'll give them a month. If they're as bad as you guys are saying, I'll order up the 5000°K bulbs, and keep the others as spares.

1fast2litre
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Ordered some just now, well let everyone know how they work :thumbsup

HITMAN
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I got my kit on Wednesday, and installed them today. Easy install and they look great once they warm up. I don't think they are too blue at all. I have one issue I have to work out though. When I flip on the high beams, they make the transition just fine, but when I try to switch them back to the low beam setting, they wont reverse. If I turn them off and back on quick they'll switch back to the low beam setting, but they wont switch back under power. I am in no way any sort of electrician, but if anybody has any ideas, I'd be open to trying them, provided I don't have to start rewiring anything.

I'll post up some pics on Tuesday.

Yooformula
11-15-2009, 10:48 PM
what kind of car is it? separate high/low beams or are they the same bulb? did you get an additional harness for them to work with the high beams?

HITMAN
11-16-2009, 10:25 PM
what kind of car is it? separate high/low beams or are they the same bulb? did you get an additional harness for them to work with the high beams?

1994 Toyota Tercel. 9004 bulb bi-xenon kit with the function of high and low beam covered by the same bulb. This is the deal that the bulb itself physically shifts position from low to high beam and vise versa. The movement is very smooth and quick but it just wont switch back to low beam with out me shutting of the head lights for a fraction of a second. There is a second little pig tail on the main harness and a corresponding pig tail coming out of the bulb. I assume this separate wiring is for the high/low beam switching.

It wires up like this: http://www.hid-light.com/install/install.html
My kit is almost identical to the one in the first pic/diagram.

I'm going to try and clean up the spots where I put the ground wires and see if that does it. Might as well try the simple stuff before I start pissing around with anything else.

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
:confused
1994 Toyota Tercel. 9004 bulb bi-xenon kit with the function of high and low beam covered by the same bulb. This is the deal that the bulb itself physically shifts position from low to high beam and vise versa. The movement is very smooth and quick but it just wont switch back to low beam with out me shutting of the head lights for a fraction of a second. There is a second little pig tail on the main harness and a corresponding pig tail coming out of the bulb. I assume this separate wiring is for the high/low beam switching.

I had the same problem with my Cobra kit - but, for whatever reason, I'm having trouble remembering how I fixed it :confused

HITMAN
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
:confused

I had the same problem with my Cobra kit - but, for whatever reason, I'm having trouble remembering how I fixed it :confused

It almost seems like there is enough power to make the transition from low to high, but for whatever reason whether or not it powers up to go the other direction or it just cuts power to the high beam circuit, it's just not making the transition back to low beams. If I switch back to low beams and shut the lights off for just a fraction of a second, they go right back to low beams, no problem. I don't know if it's a grounding issue, or what.

Other than that one problem, I REALLY like these lights. Lots of light on the road on low beam, and high beams? Fuggetaboutit. I can see every sign coming up for about two miles if the road is straight. It's like turning on my own little piece of the sun.:D

PureSound15
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
It almost seems like there is enough power to make the transition from low to high, but for whatever reason whether or not it powers up to go the other direction or it just cuts power to the high beam circuit, it's just not making the transition back to low beams. If I switch back to low beams and shut the lights off for just a fraction of a second, they go right back to low beams, no problem. I don't know if it's a grounding issue, or what.

Other than that one problem, I REALLY like these lights. Lots of light on the road on low beam, and high beams? Fuggetaboutit. I can see every sign coming up for about two miles if the road is straight. It's like turning on my own little piece of the sun.:D

It's undoubtedly something with the relay, I'll figure it out tonight.

HITMAN
11-22-2009, 04:32 PM
It's undoubtedly something with the relay, I'll figure it out tonight.

I tried regrounding everything but to no avail. Just for the hell of it, I stuck one of the old bulbs into the unused socket and BINGO, the lights transit from high to low beam seamlessly. I obviously can't leave it like that, but now I know it's not the kit, it's just something that needs to be wired differently.

PureSound15
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I tried regrounding everything but to no avail. Just for the hell of it, I stuck one of the old bulbs into the unused socket and BINGO, the lights transit from high to low beam seamlessly. I obviously can't leave it like that, but now I know it's not the kit, it's just something that needs to be wired differently.

I don't mean to ask a dumb questions, but is the kit a different bulb model than what is standard to the car?

I'm thinking it has something to do the polarity of the bulbs 3 sockets (which could probably be fixed by switching pins.

HITMAN
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
It's possible, as both the 9004 and 9007 have a similar set up, they just fit a little differently in the headlight housing (as pertains to the stock set-up) and while having very almost the same wire socket, the wires are different. Here's a picture of my socket:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3143/hidsocket002.jpg

The exposed wiring that you see is part of the HID harness.

Here is a diagram of the two different wiring set-ups:
http://www.suvlights.com/images/9004vs9007bulb.jpg

If you think that my wires are set-up for a 9007 instead of a 9004, then just let me know what wires need to be moved where, and what type of tool I would need to use to remove the pin from the socket.

Thanks!

Yooformula
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
so comparing your oe bulb to the new bulb, do you have a 9004 or 9007 bulb with the hid kit? Assuming you have a 9007 bulb in hand I would rearrange the pins..orange(left) blue(middle) white(right) with the socket in the same position as how it is picture in your pic.

HITMAN
11-24-2009, 01:48 AM
My OE bulb is a 9004, and it looks as though the kit I have could be used either way. That plug I have in my picture is part of the HID harness that plugs into the stock lighting harness to trigger everything. But I suspect that because these kits can be used with either bulb, that my pins are arranged for the 9007. I picked up a Lisle terminal tool from Farm And Barn tonight, so I'll play around with the wiring tomorrow and see if I can get it to function properly.

HITMAN
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Nope, that wasn't it. I moved the wires as suggested, and they wouldn't even flip to high beams at all. I tried moving the blue to the left and the orange to the middle as well. Same thing. The only way the lights will flip at all is with the plug configured the way it came from the manufacturer, and the only way the lights will function properly and the high beam indicator light comes on, is with a bulb in what is supposed to be the unused socket. :confused

PureSound15
11-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Nope, that wasn't it. I moved the wires as suggested, and they wouldn't even flip to high beams at all. I tried moving the blue to the left and the orange to the middle as well. Same thing. The only way the lights will flip at all is with the plug configured the way it came from the manufacturer, and the only way the lights will function properly and the high beam indicator light comes on, is with a bulb in what is supposed to be the unused socket. :confused

I can't figure this out. I'm sorry that I'm not very helpful.

Have you tried using their support? Maybe they've heard of this before OR maybe it's a common defect?

LIL EVO
11-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Which kit would I buy to replace a 9006 lo-beam single bulb?

Yooformula
11-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Which kit would I buy to replace a 9006 lo-beam single bulb?

on that page scroll down to this one..
"Automobile Integrated Digital Ballast HID Kit ( 2 ballast + 2 HID bulb + Wire Harness)"

chose: 9006 bulb, temp 500k for white, then type in make/model/year.

LIL EVO
11-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks. Can't wait. Any reliability/failure issues so far?

LIL EVO
12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Very impressed with the kit. Plug and play, took 5 minutes to get up and running.

5000K bulb. The headlights definitely look blueish if you look at them, but the light it projects is amazing. I can't imagine how blue the 6000's are. These are right about perfect.

http://lilevo.com/pictures/hid.jpg

LIL EVO
12-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Another decent couple of pics

http://lilevo.com/pictures/hid3.jpg
http://lilevo.com/pictures/hid4.jpg
http://lilevo.com/pictures/hid5.jpg

Yooformula
12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Nice pics, I have to get another set for my brothers car and I needed to know what the 5k looked like. Mine has the 6k(lows and fogs) and they are fine but I like the 5k as they are more white than blue.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0227.sized.jpg
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0226.sized.jpg

wikked
12-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Ordered the 5k for the Spyder on Saturday... we shall see.

wikked
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Ordered the 5k for the Spyder on Saturday... we shall see.

...and see we shall! The car has a slight drop, so it really illuminates the ground in front.

Before/after shots:
(In the OEM shots, I even had the garage lights on, whereas in the HID shots, the garage lights were off)

http://www.wikked.com/98/oemheadlights1.jpg
http://www.wikked.com/98/hidheadlights1.jpg

http://www.wikked.com/98/oemheadlights2.jpg
http://www.wikked.com/98/hidheadlights2.jpg

Yooformula
12-11-2009, 07:05 PM
holy shit! that looks good. I ordered a set for my brother's car and I am replacing the 6k(lows/fogs) with 5k(lows)/3k(fogs) into the yukon, hoping for a more whiter light.

wikked
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I'll actually drive it tomorrow to see how it is for real.

With the OEM's, I could barely see the road going down hwy 32.
When it was raining it was really unsafe to drive, couldn't see 20ft in front of me unless there was an oncoming car.

*can't wait*

Irish
12-11-2009, 09:33 PM

Yooformula
12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
pair shipped.

BlackLightning
12-12-2009, 11:38 AM
just ordered a set for my jeep. :thumbsup

HITMAN
12-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I can't figure this out. I'm sorry that I'm not very helpful.

Have you tried using their support? Maybe they've heard of this before OR maybe it's a common defect?

Heh, what support? This outfit is a joke. No real website, no phone number, just an email addy. I'm done with these things. Ordered both a set for my Yota and my mom's Honda (she can't see for shit at night) from the DDM thread. Hi/Lo kits, 55w ballasts, 4500K bulbs. With shipping I got both sets for just a shade more than I paid for just this one kit from this thread.

BlackLightning
12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Heh, what support? This outfit is a joke. No real website, no phone number, just an email addy. I'm done with these things. Ordered both a set for my Yota and my mom's Honda (she can't see for shit at night) from the DDM thread. Hi/Lo kits, 55w ballasts, 4500K bulbs. With shipping I got both sets for just a shade more than I paid for just this one kit from this thread.

JNB Enterprise Corp.
hidlite@yahoo.com
510-402-4270

there's a number thats listed in the paypal receipt.

Yooformula
12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
not sure if this link was in your set of instructions, I didnt notice them on my first set but on this next set I bought it was printed on the bottom.

http://hid-light.com/install/install.html

I just got my 2nd set of lows and fogs for another car and ended up putting the 5000k lows and 3000k fogs on the truck and there was a HUGE difference in how much whiter and brighter they were over the 6k. I thought the yellow was going to be like piss yellow but using the 55w kits, the color washes out more.

Anakonda69
12-17-2009, 12:21 PM
are these better then the ddm kits? i just ordered ddm kits like 1.5 weeks ago hoping to see them soon.

Yooformula
12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I've got one set of the ddm kits and 2 of these. I got annoyed waiting for several weeks for my ddm kit but the kits I ordered from this place were delivered within 3-4 days. I havent had issues with either kit so far so I am just going for the lowest price.

BlackLightning
12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I got my kit yesterday. Is the relay harness normally included with the 9006's? I don't know why but I was under the impression that was only for the bi-xenon 9007 etc setups. I thought the 9006 you just had the ballast which your stock harness plugs into then the hid bulb which connects to the ballast.

Yooformula
12-19-2009, 11:49 AM
my 9006 kit only had the ballast and bulb no relay or anything and I just plugged in the bulb to the ballast then to the factory wiring harness. Some cars need the relay others dont.

BlackLightning
12-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I wonder why some would need the relay and some not with the same 9006 bulb. I am debating whether I want to put them in without the relay and see if they work.

BlackLightning
12-19-2009, 12:24 PM
well looks like I am installing the relay. did a search on the grand cherokee forums and the relay is needed on aftermarket kits otherwise the lights will strobe when turned off for 30secs or so. So much for a 5min install I was hoping for since it's cold out.. :thumbsup

Irish
12-19-2009, 12:51 PM

BlackLightning
12-19-2009, 04:08 PM
What year Grand Cherokee? Limited or Laredo?

2006 Laredo.

BlackLightning
12-19-2009, 04:18 PM
here is a little comparison. best I could do given it was still kind of light out and they were taken indoors.

kit with relay.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep1.jpg

before.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep3.jpg

before with flash.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep4.jpg

before.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep2.jpg

after.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep6.jpg

after with flash.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep7.jpg

after.

http://www.racers-edge.org/jeep5.jpg

Teufelhunden
01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I installed the $42 kit in the minivan over the weekend. The hi-beams suck in my opinion.

subliminal1284
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Just ordered the 5000k 9004's for my Grand Cherokee, Ill take pics once it is installed.

wikked
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
So, in the 2 months I've had them, they're so worth it.

The only problem I've had: (Just twice)
My right-side bulb does not come on at first. I have to turn the lights off/on again, and then it works... I blame the cold weather.

lit666
02-12-2010, 03:36 PM
ordered today

subliminal1284
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Anyone know if these are 55w or 35w? DDM tuning now has 35w HID's for $30

subliminal1284
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Just got mine in, however mine came with no brackets just 2 pads that are sticky on both sides to mount them. Anyone else use these pads? Im worried about them coming unglued.

MoCkiN U
02-16-2010, 05:43 PM
mine are ddm and are secured sitting on the inside lip of the bottom of my bumper using the same mouting pads they came with. all summer, rain showers, and now winter and still in place. I wouldnt mount them in a hanging position that was but in a flat spot I would

subliminal1284
02-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Just got finished putting mine in, installation wasnt much harder than changing a normal bulb. Here are some before and after pics, this is the 9004 5000k kit.

Before:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/subliminal1284/Picture002-4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/subliminal1284/Picture005-1.jpg

After:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/subliminal1284/Photo0036.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/subliminal1284/Photo0037.jpg

Yooformula
02-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I was a bit disappointed in the this last set I bought had no bracket either and the ballast looks alot like the ones I got from DDM. Their prev ballasts were thinner and had better wire connectors but I just thought it was because I bought an H11 bulb this time.

subliminal1284
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Couldnt be happier with mine the difference is literally like night and day, I can live with them not coming with brackets. Nothing a trip to the hardware store wont fix. Right now I am using the pads and they seem to be holding them very well.

subliminal1284
02-17-2010, 09:21 AM
So is everyone running these in reflector housings? If so hows the glare? Getting alot of people flashing you?

MoCkiN U
02-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I did until I adjusted the beam down a touch. If I run my fog lights I do get flashed cause its just over powering with that open bulb that doesnt even have a diffuser in it.

LIL EVO
02-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Havent had one flasher since Ive had them in. Surprising since its a truck and the headlights are dead on with rearview mirrors and heads

subliminal1284
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
So do you think a set of aftermarket housings with a diffuser would lessen the glare? My stock housings have no diffuser in them just an open bulb. Projectors are not an option for me as no one makes them for my jeep and I do not have the skills to fab my own.

Would you think something like this would make the glare better or worse?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170438253428&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=33710

Yooformula
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
So is everyone running these in reflector housings? If so hows the glare? Getting alot of people flashing you?

I ended up with 1 flash due to one housing being pointed up but otherwise nothing. We drove down to florida last night and I havent got flashed once the entire trip.

lit666
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
so you're in Florida huh?

Yooformula
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
dont do something stupid chris...I promise you will regret it this time.

lit666
02-17-2010, 11:04 PM
me do something stupid..... never :)

subliminal1284
02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
So after reading up on it a little it appears HID's work so much better in projector housings giving a wider angle and focusing all the light where it needs to be. Later on I will be converting my headlamps to projectors. If anyone else is interested you can get all the parts to do it at http://store.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

PureSound15
02-20-2010, 04:01 PM
So after reading up on it a little it appears HID's work so much better in projector housings giving a wider angle and focusing all the light where it needs to be. Later on I will be converting my headlamps to projectors. If anyone else is interested you can get all the parts to do it at http://store.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

I've retrofitted projectors before. It's not impossible, but definitely time consuming to make it look anything like an OEM application.

S2000 or TL projectors > Anything, ever.

Reverend Cooper
02-20-2010, 04:10 PM
ryan which ones would i need for the truck and the car

PureSound15
02-20-2010, 08:13 PM
ryan which ones would i need for the truck and the car

I'm not sure if this will work - but I put all the kits you need in the cart, if there's 3 kits (and qty 2 of the h10) in this cart, then just order it.

https://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?pcsid=i9jde7d652s7au6mvvsmcgglb5&p=cart

If not you need -

H13 (hi/low) 4500k
(2x) H10 4500k
9007 (hi/low) 4500k

Reverend Cooper
02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
thanks Ryan.

PureSound15
02-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I'll trade install for a couple cans of Miller Lite

Reverend Cooper
02-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I would say its a deali-o

xxtremeteam
02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
anyone know if this is something i could do to my 90 mustang the lights that are in it blow and i rarely drive it at night because of this issue

subliminal1284
02-21-2010, 04:30 PM
If theyre not sealed beams then yes you could do it, just select the bulb that your car is when you order.

xxtremeteam
02-21-2010, 04:34 PM
most likely going to try it this spring then

subliminal1284
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
After having these on for a few weeks now I have since uninstalled them and went back to halogens. It may just be my reflector housings for my particular car but I was not getting any distance out of these HID's. Directly in front of the car was very bright but beyond that it sucked and the built in halogen high beams are a joke because they are only 35 watt. In the meantime I am going to be upgrading my headlights to good bulbs with upgraded wiring to get better lighting. I may get a real hid kit and mount some projectors in my headlight housings later on. My advice to anyone thinking about getting an HID kit is to save your money and do it the right way by mounting projectors in your stock housings.

BlackLightning
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I ordered another set monday and got them wednesday. this is the 9007 slim ballast kit. no loose wires or spade connectors like some of the ddm kits come with. I am probably going to order another set for the foglights.

http://www.racers-edge.org/9007kit.jpg

Yooformula
08-13-2010, 01:06 AM
fyi, if you need any warranty help, use this email... help@hidsupport.com I have used it twice and they replaced the parts within days on parts that were months old. they require pics of the broken bulbs or ballasts and thats it.

wikked
12-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Is it still safe to use this site? Firefox blocks it, saying it might be compromised.

One of my lights stopped working for good a couple months ago, wanted to get me another set.

Yooformula
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
that sucks, I was going to place an order for another set as well. Did you try the email for a warranty fix?

wikked
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm past the year mark already. I sent them an email asking what's up with the Google warning.

JC70SS
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
After having these on for a few weeks now I have since uninstalled them and went back to halogens. It may just be my reflector housings for my particular car but I was not getting any distance out of these HID's. Directly in front of the car was very bright but beyond that it sucked and the built in halogen high beams are a joke because they are only 35 watt. In the meantime I am going to be upgrading my headlights to good bulbs with upgraded wiring to get better lighting. I may get a real hid kit and mount some projectors in my headlight housings later on. My advice to anyone thinking about getting an HID kit is to save your money and do it the right way by mounting projectors in your stock housings.

Yep you need real projectors......God I love my TL:shades

wikked
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm past the year mark already. I sent them an email asking what's up with the Google warning.

No response yet... :rolleyes:

Yooformula
12-07-2010, 04:06 PM
me neither. donny posted a new price for ddm kits though...$25!!

lilws6
12-07-2010, 07:40 PM
hells yea thats crazy

theavenger333
12-07-2010, 11:33 PM
No response yet... :rolleyes:

the site is not compromised. i used it yesterday

Yooformula
12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
just got an email from them about it...new site is

http://www.hidextra.com/ebay/d3/d3.html#1

wikked
12-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I got my kit today... sitting on the porch in a soggy priority box. Completely soaked all the way through. *sigh*
Hope they still work :P

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
01-05-2011, 06:42 AM
one of the ballasts are going out on mine so i am ordering the ddm 55w kids that Donny posted

Ricky Bobby
01-09-2011, 09:32 PM
i have the DDM ones in my trailblazer 6k 55w they took 20min to install and are just on the edge of pure white/blueish

JC70SS
01-13-2011, 01:16 PM
DDM is done!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583933

lilws6
01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
shit guess i gata buy em up quick like

wikked
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Not even a month after installing them, my driver side headlight wouldn't turn on yesterday.
I had to turn my lights on/off 4 times before it finally clicked on.

This happened to my last set, but it was almost a year that I had them when it started.

PureSound15
01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Not even a month after installing them, my driver side headlight wouldn't turn on yesterday.
I had to turn my lights on/off 4 times before it finally clicked on.

This happened to my last set, but it was almost a year that I had them when it started.

This seems to be an issue with most aftermarket HID kits when it gets really cold. I'm not sure what the fix is, but I've experienced it many times before.

Ricky Bobby
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
mine have been good so far only thing i noticed is one white and the other is blueish kinda ticks me off, not that noticable but when i pull up to my garage i do :punch:

wikked
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
This seems to be an issue with most aftermarket HID kits when it gets really cold. I'm not sure what the fix is, but I've experienced it many times before.

Sounds right.

I let my car warm up for ~5mins or so before turning them on, make it a little warmer underhood, they always turn on fine then.

The time the driver side didn't turn on was when I turned my lights on right away without letting the car warm up.

Ricky Bobby
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
mine have been good so far only thing i noticed is one white and the other is blueish kinda ticks me off, not that noticable but when i pull up to my garage i do :punch:

just sent off a ticket that one that was whitish is still very much white and not very bright anymore :fire