PDA

View Full Version : No Longer With Verizon....

MoCkiN U
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey guys/gals. This is not a rant post Im just reaching out to those who know I work for VZW and saying effective today I am not longer with the company and cant support your devices. I swapped out my own phone in store in a rush deal under waranty and evidently thats a big big deal. We had done it before so I didnt think anything of it until a rep reported my boss trying to get him but got me in trouble by accident SOOOOOO, I got let go.

I really, really did like working for that company and thats the first real fire of my life so that part stings but as a man you gotta own up to what you do. I am going to update my resume and carry on. I havent burned any bridges at ATT so maybe I can go back there??? Dunno.

I'll take a day to decompress and figure out my next move and go from there.

xxtremeteam
11-04-2009, 04:42 PM
that sucks man so close to the holidays also, best of luck to you

RanJer
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow.. crappy situation.. Nice to see you're fairly upbeat about it all though. Best of luck to ya!

Irish
11-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Rocket Power
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
hope you get something soon! Keep your chin up!

x2

Screamin96
11-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Damn man that sucks. I just got "let go" from my job about a month ago. Thank god for unemployment or I would be on the street. Don't worry things will turn around, they always do.

GRAMPS SS
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
sorry that happened...you'll find something else i'm sure of that.....

That_Guy
11-04-2009, 05:49 PM
thats awful it happened i hope things work out for ya.

btw i have a pm for ya !

0TransAm0
11-04-2009, 06:11 PM
so you upgradded your phone? are you not alowed to do that yourself or what? or on company time? seems to me (from the little info you gave) they were looking for an excuse to "let you go"

either way good luck with everything. hope you find another job soon.

03CVLX
11-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about this. best of luck to you.

DerangedPony
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear that and...... you have a PM.

MoCkiN U
11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
so you upgradded your phone? are you not alowed to do that yourself or what? or on company time? seems to me (from the little info you gave) they were looking for an excuse to "let you go"

either way good luck with everything. hope you find another job soon.

I bought a phone within 30 days and it was failing like crazy so I called our emp customer service like i was suppose to do and they told me to update software...ugh. Okay so I did and same thing. I was there at store and the samsung rogue came in. I pulled up my own purchase order and did an exchange AND paid the restock fee.

Well, since I pulled my own order (trying to not discount and cost company money) and did the swap myself AND pay restock fee thought I was in the clear.I was told that is a code of conduct violation. I couldnt activate myself as I had to do online, I only did the swap in store.

Strange thing is if I had just done blindly, discounted the phone like crazy and just swapped them without my acct attached I would still have a job. Dunno, corporate rules I guess.

P.S. if a sales rep tells who works for you tells a customer boldly "to fuck off" he gets put on a final written warning. I am on NO level of discipline now and I get the can.

THX FOR PMS!!!! All have replies!

0TransAm0
11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
wow that sucks dude. fuck the corporate world.. i hate it with a passion. them fucks behind a desk makeing rules and shit.. i bet more than 90% of them couldn't do my job.. or couldn't handle it. (im a journyman meat cutter/butcher) they are always maken rules and shit when they don't have a fuckin clue..
/end rant.

really man, best of luck to you.

MoCkiN U
11-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I have so many pms today. Really blown away by so many people coming through with tips/suggestions on a new job.

Truly in awe of you guys. Thanks for the help!! Really helps the funk mood I tell ya!

03Seville
11-04-2009, 08:30 PM
sorry to hear bout that, hope you find something soon

Reverend Cooper
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
hang in there Kelly

moels
11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear about the situation. You're a good guy and I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

team beater
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
what position did you hold at vsw? may have something with tmo for you

07ROUSHSTG3
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
i have never met you personally, but from what i gather and observe you are a class act. you will find something. hang in there!

michelle
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
wow that sucks dude. fuck the corporate world.. i hate it with a passion. them fucks behind a desk makeing rules and shit.. i bet more than 90% of them couldn't do my job.. or couldn't handle it. (im a journyman meat cutter/butcher) they are always maken rules and shit when they don't have a fuckin clue..
/end rant.

really man, best of luck to you.

Too bad you are farther away. I need a good source of raw femur bones for my puppy to chew on. Local grocery stores have nothing or other stuff I don't want.

/end thread hijack

Hope you are able to find a new employer soon! It's a shame that you try to do the right thing and it ends up hurting you more.

MoCkiN U
02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Well, here we are 3 months later and still looking for work. Just unbelievable. I have applied at so many different locations from banks to sales positions and no calls back. I got a hook up from a BCM member and made it through a hiring process only to be told that another candidate was chosen.

Thats a first, with my experience I usually get picked. Oh well.

Then today after getting through all the recruiter crap with AT&T and just waiting on the store to set up an interview I get a email saying another candidate was chosen. I didnt even get a chance to fight for that one and sell myself.

Dont know gang. Just dont know. My resume is on point. It really is, hell the last two possible employers told me it was the best they saw in a long time. Maybe it is time to go back to welding. I am waaaay out of practice but at least I know a lot about it to get work now. I just dont want to have someone take a chance on me and start me up only for me to bail once the higher paying job comes along.

Had to vent. Just not a good morning at all.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
keep your head up. it is strange out there.

brotherbenn83
02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
You can come work by me, I've been here since 8 and made $7.40 so far..... unemployment FTW

y2kws6
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Unemployed here for over 7 months now. Many have statted that I am doing everything correct in my searches and my resume is good, but it is a tough world out there right now.

pOrk
02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear Kelley, you sounded pretty confident last night about the at&t position.

MoCkiN U
02-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry to hear Kelley, you sounded pretty confident last night about the at&t position.

I know dude!!! hell, I thought hey this dude will setup a interview and I can go win the spot. They didnt even let me in the door to talk. They just filtered me out in the computer. Bogus.

Eh, buddies are reaching out to help so all will be good. At least there is unemployment so I dont get so far behind in bills