PDA

View Full Version : Shipping wheels with tires?

turbogarrett
11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I have a set of wheels and tires that I have agreed on a price with a buyer for. We agreed that they would be shipped without boxes as that would raise my cost quite a bit.

I usually ship through ups store, but they can really be a pain when shipping larger items. Pretty sure they would not even let me ship these without boxes. Where can I get away with shipping these like this? FedEx, DHL?

thanks in advance-Garrett

CannotPost
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I have a set of wheels and tires that I have agreed on a price with a buyer for. We agreed that they would be shipped without boxes as that would raise my cost quite a bit.

I usually ship through ups store, but they can really be a pain when shipping larger items. Pretty sure they would not even let me ship these without boxes. Where can I get away with shipping these like this? FedEx, DHL?

thanks in advance-Garrett

I have shipped bare wheels with ups before. Just used card board to cover the face and back. They (UPS) took them no problem.

03CVLX
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Are you willing to pick them up from a shipping dock and is he willing to drop them at a shipper if its close enough.. I have never personally used them but I have heard R&L carriers has decent rates and I think they would just end up banding them onto a skid for easy and safe loading. Might be worth a phone call to at least check into it.

The milwaukee terminal I believe is still located on approx 6th & Edgerton kitty corner from the old airborne/DHL office.

Dasred
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I had to add just a cardboard cutout circle over the rim part and some sort of support so they could band and fork-truck them, nothing tough.

Dasred
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I had to add just a cardboard cutout circle over the rim part and some sort of support so they could band and fork-truck them, nothing tough.

Forgot to state that I went to Pak Mail on JJ in Waukesha.

0TransAm0
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Just used card board to cover the face and back.

X2 every time ive bought wheels or tires on-line this is how they showed up..

johnny--2k
11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Forgot to state that I went to Pak Mail on JJ in Waukesha.

That's where I went, no problem, they even helped me wrap them up, and fairly inexpensive to ship 19" wheels with tires...

jbiscuit
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Fed Ex FTW

Car Guy
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Does one wheel/tire weigh under 75 pounds...???

PB86MCSS
11-04-2009, 05:28 PM
FedEX FTW is right...

Any place should accept them like that, I shipped a set with tires and just taped up cardboard over the rim also. Saves shipping and the tire is all the packaging you need. Tire places ship tires without boxes too.

turbogarrett
11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Wow, thanks for all the fast replies. I'll cut out some cardboard to cover the wheel and hope there are no problems.

I shipped out a set of wheels without tires last week from a ups store and they made me go a little overboard on packaging. Ended up costing far more than I had figured.

The wheels with tires weigh ~44lbs each

Todd Z
11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
We ship all of our tires via Fed Ex. If the tires are less than 12" wide band them together to save some cash.